Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Was out of town this weekend and saw the news about the TP discounts. Went to the local Staples Saturday morning looking for the 16gb TP. None in stock and asked if I could order one and have it shipped home. Went through the process and they took off the $200 no issues and I went home with the paid receipt. Got a call this morning from Staples saying the 16gb TP was out of stock and they are cancelling my order. No options were given to wait for the TP to come back in stock. Just a refund.
    If you got all the way through the transaction as you said you did, I would take that receipt back to a physical store and plead your case with a manager.
    Ouch, that's not good. I'd do like Bigferret said.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hope not too many other will be experiencing this =/
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    What did your order status say before it got cancelled?
    i had them order one for me as well. when i checked the status earlier this morning it said available, i just checked again now and it says processing. i hope i dont encounter any problems *fingers crossed*
  7. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Can anyone provide a report on Touchpad order status from Staples that indicates it's been shipped? Has anyone received a tracking number? Mine says "Processing Order". I ordered mine from a Staples retail store on Friday evening.
  8. c4r
    My order say's the same status...hope to see it say 'shipped' soon.

Currently says 'Quantity shipped: 0'.

Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    i had them order one for me as well. when i checked the status earlier this morning it said available, i just checked again now and it says processing. i hope i dont encounter any problems *fingers crossed*
    Mine says available. But it is also saying the total price is 499.99 and it's in red? But then the total ordered says 430.99. BUT then my reciept says 323.24 =/. Still not shipped yet.
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    Mine says available. But it is also saying the total price is 499.99 and it's in red? But then the total ordered says 430.99. BUT then my reciept says 323.24 =/. Still not shipped yet.
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CTownBob View Post
    Was out of town this weekend and saw the news about the TP discounts. Went to the local Staples Saturday morning looking for the 16gb TP. None in stock and asked if I could order one and have it shipped home. Went through the process and they took off the $200 no issues and I went home with the paid receipt. Got a call this morning from Staples saying the 16gb TP was out of stock and they are cancelling my order. No options were given to wait for the TP to come back in stock. Just a refund.
    Can you apply the $200 discount to another HP purchase at Staples? The 32G, the 3G, the 7" tablet, or when the 16G comes back in stock?
    I was afraid of a situation like that, hence why I decided to pick up the 32gb that they had in stock for $399. Still a good deal and I got to start using it over the weekend instead of waiting a few days.
    "Processing Order"
    Yes, with the $200 discount it was no brainer to get the 32GB. Had to go to 2 different Staples before I got one that would honour everything but wanted to ensure that I walked out there after paying
    Where does it say processing order at? Mine says "Shipment 1 Expected Delivery: 08/10/2011 via UPS Status: Available", but then 0 shipped =/
    I wish I could know how a coupon like this came about and how it coincided with the $100 instant rebate perfectly. I bet some of the stores that price matched are ticked too. Each one bought is at a loss. (being its estimated to cost 318.15 for 32GB and $296.15 for the 16GB model)

Good luck with your orders.
    Last edited by IcerC; 08/08/2011 at 11:40 AM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    From my experience,
    it was a fraudulent coupon according to the Staples manager. So I could not order.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigferret View Post
    If you got all the way through the transaction as you said you did, I would take that receipt back to a physical store and plead your case with a manager.
    And if that didn't work, I'd continue to plead my case up the chain through district manager, regional etc.
  19. c4r

...but I didn't pay $499.

Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    Where does it say processing order at? Mine says "Shipment 1 Expected Delivery: 08/10/2011 via UPS Status: Available", but then 0 shipped =/
    Last edited by c4r; 08/08/2011 at 11:50 AM.
  20. c4r
    I pretty sure it was valid since when, in my case, the general manager scanned it, it went thru for $100 just fine. The coupon code was valid.

Sorry that your manager made it a 'no go'.

Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    From my experience,
    it was a fraudulent coupon according to the Staples manager. So I could not order.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast