Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    From my experience,
    it was a fraudulent coupon according to the Staples manager. So I could not order.
    i would have pushed for him to look into it more. its definitely a legit coupon. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by c4r View Post

...but I didn't pay $499.
    Lol mine just changed to say the exact same thing yours says
    I had the same thought. Plus th extra storage is useful
    Mine says processing order too. But I called in to make sure of what that meant...

It means it is available in the warehouse for the order. I.e. Its good to go. I even got my UPS tracking number from the agent .

Yay still supposed to be here tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by c4r View Post

...but I didn't pay $499.
    hope they don'T cancel my order...
    From my experience,
    it was a fraudulent coupon according to the Staples manager. So I could not order.
    People do try to present fraudulent coupons. That is why there is a bar code on the coupon so that they can scan the coupon and verify it in the system.

That sales manager just did not want to sell to you and hurt his margin. As everyone said, the way to do this was to present the coupon at checkout when they asked for payment.

This was a valid coupon. A clever GM just tricked you.

As to the coupon, I bet it was a simple as this. Staples did a $100 coupon on Android tablets a week ago and sold out almost every model in every store.

Staples probably had this coupon set up for last week from a month ago. HP announced they were doing the $399 sale and Staples tried to pull the coupons but somehow missed this copy.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Ordered sat! Picked up in store this am! South jersey staples!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    my 16 GB bought at Staples Fri just arrived at my door. Yay, a new toy!
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Staples website will no longer show my order status. Just the message: "We're sorry, there was a problem with your last request."

I called the customer service line and they gave me my UPS tracking number, but no status available on UPS site yet.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    People do try to present fraudulent coupons. That is why there is a bar code on the coupon so that they can scan the coupon and verify it in the system.

That sales manager just did not want to sell to you and hurt his margin. As everyone said, the way to do this was to present the coupon at checkout when they asked for payment.

This was a valid coupon. A clever GM just tricked you.

As to the coupon, I bet it was a simple as this. Staples did a $100 coupon on Android tablets a week ago and sold out almost every model in every store.

Staples probably had this coupon set up for last week from a month ago. HP announced they were doing the $399 sale and Staples tried to pull the coupons but somehow missed this copy.
    Yup,
    The moment I asked for a Touchpad he asked for my coupon .

The two staples near where I live don't have it in stock. This was the third one and the guy refused to sell it with the coupon. It was close to 5:00 P.M and I just couldn't pull myself to drive to the fourth one.
    From my experience,
    it was a very valid coupon...I got a Staples email friday morning that included the coupon.
    Coupon was valid, I rec'd an email with the coupon from Staples, and another email about the sales showing the TP had a $100 discount sale price this wknd. My local store honored both without question. Coupon scanned & was accepted on top of the sale price. Sorry, but that store manager just wanted to keep his margins high & gave you a load of BS. They should have honored it.
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Staples website will no longer show my order status. Just the message: "We're sorry, there was a problem with your last request."

I called the customer service line and they gave me my UPS tracking number, but no status available on UPS site yet.
    My tracking number is now active in the UPS system. Stoked.
    Valid or not, someone made a mistake, stacking two $100-off coupons together. Frankly I'm surprised anyone was able to get both coupons together.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    My order still says "processing order". Fearing now that it won't ship.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I ordered my 16gb TP from Staples on Friday, Aug 5, early in the morning and picked it up today. I only purchased it as I thought it was a good deal with the extra $100 off coupon.
    I ordered it friday evening (the store didnt have in stock but put it through for me with the coupon and it worked!). I'm seeing the same message, processing order, but expected delivery is tomorrow... I have a feeling I will be dissapointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post
    I ordered it friday evening (the store didnt have in stock but put it through for me with the coupon and it worked!). I'm seeing the same message, processing order, but expected delivery is tomorrow... I have a feeling I will be dissapointed.
    I'm in the same boat. But I called the customer service, and was told it should be ready for pick up tomorrow as scheduled. I even got a UPS tracking number from them, but UPS says not found on its website. There will a lot of upset customers if they start cancelling these at this point.
    I'm in the same boat. I have a tracking number and yet I'm still 'processing'. I'm going to be ****ed if they mess this up.

Quote Originally Posted by knoll View Post
    I'm in the same boat. But I called the customer service, and was told it should be ready for pick up tomorrow as scheduled. I even got a UPS tracking number from them, but UPS says not found on its website. There will a lot of upset customers if they start cancelling these at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTownBob View Post
    Was out of town this weekend and saw the news about the TP discounts. Went to the local Staples Saturday morning looking for the 16gb TP. None in stock and asked if I could order one and have it shipped home. Went through the process and they took off the $200 no issues and I went home with the paid receipt. Got a call this morning from Staples saying the 16gb TP was out of stock and they are cancelling my order. No options were given to wait for the TP to come back in stock. Just a refund.
    What was the area code they called from? I'm having VM issues and received two calls today from numbers that I'm not familiar with. Wondering if one was Staples...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast