Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Are any of you using a portable access point while traveling that worked with your touchpad? What I am interested in specifically is one that will let you connect to the cable in a hotel room and share that connection out over wifi. If so what make/model are you using?

Thanks.
    There are many "Travel" or "Pocket" routers on the market.

If it is hotel room only that give you the most options. I'm using a trend travel router for a wired cable in the hotel room.

Cradlepoint also has an interseting devices that will also work with a 3g/4g usb stick. IF it was battery powered it would also work as a mobile hotspot.
    My Mifi (VF branded Version of Novatels 2352) is now in love with the TP. It has allready served my iPod, Laptop and a WLAN ePrinter - up to 5 devices concurrently.

-sb
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett0 View Post
    I'm using a trend travel router for a wired cable in the hotel room.
    Awesome, thanks! Mifi is out of the question. This is for international travel and I've already received a whopper of a bill for international data roaming.
    ATT MiFi working great with my Touchpad.
    Veer Hotspot!
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    freeTether works like a charm
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Sorry, looking to avoid the cell networks...
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I have a linksys travel router that I've used for years and it works flawlessly. Very nice in hotels that charge by MAC address so I can pay once for all my devices. Let me know if you need the model number. It has a wired connection too and built in plug with blades that slide in and out.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I use the DLink travel routers, and the TrendNET travel routers.

Awesome solution - I think the DLink unit is now into it's 3rd generation.
    I have 2-3 DWL-G730APs, and they still work perfect.