Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    ... IMO, and with more OTAs coming down the pipe and more developers coming aboard the future looks promising for the TouchPad!
    So HP will send out more updates to the software? Is that confirmed? Hoping it's a big update like 3.0.2 was.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I understand why people are negative about the TouchPad...its because they compare it to the competition and weigh things like app count and thinness as advantages for other tablets. But like you, I like the TouchPad even after a month and even after extensive hands on with friends' iPads. I am not delusional in thinking that the TouchPad is the best product for everyone, as I still want DNLA sharing, a great sketching app, and faster calendar performance. But I do agree that it isnt bottom-of-the-barrel either.
    Every time someone calls the thinness of the Ipad or Galaxy Tab an advantage against the Touchpad, I just counter with "does your tablet charge inductively? And if so, once you put that ugly as hell backing on it, how thick is it then?" Lol.
    GodShapedHole,

You are my hero. Well said. I truly don't understand some tech enthusiasts. What possesses a person to log into a forum about a specific platform just to bad mouth everyone's choice in selecting that platform? You don't see Honda owners hanging outside of a Toyota dealership taunting Toyota owners as they bring in their cars in for periodic services. So why keep having this silly debate with iPad enthusiast?

Dee, you are not delusional. You made a choice and you are happy with it. You love your Touchpad and you are not alone. The only folks that are delusional are the ones questioning your freedom of choice.
    kjb86 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Every time someone calls the thinness of the Ipad or Galaxy Tab an advantage against the Touchpad, I just counter with "does your tablet charge inductively? And if so, once you put that ugly as hell backing on it, how thick is it then?" Lol.
    What's worse are the ones that complain about how other devices are thick compared to their's, then they go out and buy a super thick case that turns their super thin device into heavy construction equipment.
    ive used an ipad and ipad2 extensively. my gf got me the touchpad as a gift this weekend and i can say that with preware, uberkernel and some patches, it is by far a better purchase.

the only thing i think its missing is netflix, which i have no doubt will come in time. in general, i dont go out and buy a ton of games or crazy apps i dont need so im not too worried about apps, i know theyll come in time.

the thickness, glossiness of the screen, hardware, etc do not bother me. at 1.5ghz oc'd, it runs everything i need easily, and promptly. i love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I would gladly take my touchpad thinner and lighter and give up the inductive charging. It's a matter of personal preference. My last two phones haven't had inductive charging, but they have still had cradles that work beautifully any way. But it's hard to argue that being thin and light isn't a feature.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12