Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone spotted another touchpad out in public?

I have a couple of times, but it was co-workers. I'm still waiting to see one being used by a stranger.
    I had someone to stop me at a market saying I was the 1st person he ever saw with one. He was thrilled about seeing it but couldn't afford one but wish that he could.
  3.    #3  
    I went into an AT&T store to get a new sim for my wifes Iphone.

I was carrying the Touchpad and my Pre2, expecting I would be waiting around like it was the DMV.

The AT&T guy walked up to me and said, "Do you work for HP?"

He did end up playing with my touchpad for a while.
    Too bad everyone thinks that I am carrying around an iPad instead of something special like my TouchPad! I had a waitress comment about it, but only because she didnt want to spill anything on my iPad.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Too bad everyone thinks that I am carrying around an iPad instead of something special like my TouchPad! I had a waitress comment about it, but only because she didnt want to spill anything on my iPad.
    Exact problem I've had...is that an iPad! Nope! It's an HP TouchPad...conversations continue.

Actually, I carry my TP in a iPad 1 Sena ZipBook case that I modded and now works perfectly, so that may be part of the confusion or people just think everyone loves Apple...more then likely.

My favorite part is showing people what the TP can do that the iPad can't..."you mean the iPad doesn't multitask?" Not really and show them what true multitasking is. I love my TP! Sorli...
    I haven't seen any other TouchPads in the wild, but did see 2 Pre(-) phones in the wild over the weekend. It was at an anime convention, San Japan, in San Antonio Tx.

I too have had the problem of people seeing my TouchPad and announcing, "Oh, you have an iPad?" To which I have to correct them.
    in nearly 2 years I have never seen a Pre, Pixi or Veer in the wild. Maybe i'm not getting out enough???
    "iPad eh?" #shudder

yet to see another out and about, however the touchpad has been getting some interest from friends.

I understand people sometimes think tablet- then think apple, but really, have they succumbed to apples marketing thaaaaat much?
    Flew out of San Francisco Friday evening; I made an effort to make note of every tablet I saw and tried to keep count. I stopped after 50 iPads, and that was all that I saw (mainly iPad 1s, but a few iPad 2s).

At first I thought I saw a few Transformers, but it was actually this pretty neat case that includes a physical keyboard for the iPad.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett0 View Post
    . . . I was carrying the Touchpad and my Pre2, expecting I would be waiting around like it was the DMV.

The AT&T guy walked up to me and said, "Do you work for HP?"

. . .
    'Fess up, now! Did you say "yes" and start some humongous rumors?!?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I haven't seen a Touchpad in the wild, but if I had I prolly couldn't tell it apart frm a Ipad.

Now I have seen a pixie and pre + near work several weeks back. I saw someone with a Pre + in Paris and London 3 weeks ago. I saw a woman on Friday with a Sprint Pre. That's more than I've seen since early 2010.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I have seen many people with a Palm Pre...mainly because I steered a half-dozen to buy them! I guess that's my benefit when I am the tech guru that they go to! Now they are all on Android...including my wife!

I see a lot of business execs with iPads, and none of them have anything other than the iPad.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I have yet to see anyone with one. I try to take mine out as much as possible and let the kids play on it or read something with it (like when I had to go to jury duty, the docs office, the DMV) I also like to use the internet and hot spot from my phone with it and you can tell people are watching.

I also like to make a point at stopping and playing with the demos at stores I go to so I can show people features that they may not have seen with it otherwise. I think it draws people in when you are using it, they want to see it too or see what you are doing with it. I have done this on many occasions.

Love helping build the webos community!
    Nope, no I haven't seen any TouchPad's or Veer's in the wild.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Saw the hottest girl ever with a touchpad at target, scored the digits, and now we're getting married and expecting our first child.... Lulz

For real I have only seen a coworkers who bought it after using mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Nope, no I haven't seen any TouchPad's or Veer's in the wild.
    I've seen many people with Pre- and Pre+ phones though!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    In all the time I've had my Pre Plus, I think I've seen 3 Pre's and one Pixi Plus but that was my daughter's Pixi. She got herself an iPhone now.

My buddy has a Pre 2 but he works for HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I've seen many people with Pre- and Pre+ phones though!
    I have too. I've seen the Pre- the most followed by the Pixi. Those are really the only webOS devices I see in the wild.
    Zero, Nada! The only time I hear people talking about is during the TouchPad ad before the movies.

At the airport, I have got a lady mistaken mine as iPad (like another person thought my Samsung Galaxy S II is "BlackBerry"!) :silly:
    No I have not seen a touchpad outside of a store. Other then my Pre minus I haven't seen any webos device in public in more then a year.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast