Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
  1.    #1  
    Okay, when I grabbed the train to come back from SF, I ran into a work colleague who introduced the people she was with. Long story long, one was an HP/Palm guy. I said your kidding and told him I have the launch Pre and launch TP. I asked for his card and he asked me to tell him what sort of apps I want, because he's with development.

In the back of my mind, I thought I'd keep this treasure trove to myself; but even though I'm selfish, I decided to start this thread and let him know what everyone is asking for. Off the bat I said doc editing and banking. He said doc editing is coming and he hadn't thought of a banking app. I have my own laundry list of what I'll be sending, but I'm posting this as I'm on the train. Let me know I'll pass it along in my e-mails to him. I'll also send him a link to this thread.

See post #94 pg 5 to see hp guy's response
    1st installment e-mail List:
    Netflix
    Audible
    xfinity app
    A Bible app (MyBible or Bible Reader Plus)
    Cloud Music app
    Xmarks
    words with friends and the time warner cable app
    LogMeIn
    Ventrilo
    ZumoDrive/ZumoCast
    Encrypted on-device storage (like TrueCrypt)
    NDrive or another top-notch navigation app that can work with the GPS signal from a Novatel MiFi wifi hotspot I carry in my car

Ongoing List with prioritization:
    1)Doc Editing
    2)Netflix
    3)Audible
    4)Banking app/ Mint.com
    5)xfinity app/HBO go/ Time warner Cable/Comcast
    6)ebook/e-pub reader (like Adobe Digital editions)
    7)Something to synch with Quicken (Banking app that syncs with QuickenWhatsapp for *
    8)A password management app that sync w/ TP, phone, and desktop (such as SplashID,jVault or passwords plus able to sync by most recent individual record update to all three and compatible with pre (1.4.5)[or as , touchpad, and desktop.
    9)further integration with box or something that makes it seem like I have a extended environment
    10)Finance program for my business.
    *Photo management program (justdraw/photo effects for editing pics handles this)
    11)Nook book app
    12)Sling Player and a XMRadio/Sirius App
    13)WMA SUPPORT
    14)HandBase type program for designing and storing relational databases
    15)Powerful pdf editor that includes features such as extracting highlighted text
    *Watch ESPN and ESPN Scorecenter
    *NFL Gameday App
    *Realtor.com app/Redbox app/Google+ app (all avail thru website)
    *Ability to password protect individual contact entries
    *Get Polarbit to bring Raging Thunder 1 & 2 to TouchPad.
    *Something like Google Sky Maps. Also something like Torque or Rev.....BT link to OBDII for engine diagnostics/trouble shooting/code error removal etc.
    *Universal/ Unified Remote
    *SSH client
    *The New Yorker
    *Good tower defense game and Shazam.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 08/14/2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Updating Photo editing is available
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Microsoft Office
    There's a gyroscope inside this thing, so how about some apps that use it? Something like Google Sky Maps would be awesome. Also something like Torque or Rev.....BT link to OBDII for engine diagnostics/trouble shooting/code error removal etc.
    TheDewWorm and sorli like this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Microsoft Office
    I'm counting that as doc editing. That was the first one I said that he said is coming, but I'll be specific that we want editing for the MS Office Suite of docs, not just WORD.
    HBO go, PayPal, netflix
    sorli, ebolamonkey3 and Cronk like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay, when I grabbed the train to come back from SF, I ran into a work colleague who introduced the people she was with. Long story long, one was an HP/Palm guy. I said your kidding and told him I have the launch Pre and launch TP. I asked for his card and he asked me to tell him what sort of apps I want, because he's with development.

In the back of my mind, I thought I'd keep this treasure trove to myself; but even though I'm selfish, I decided to start this thread and let him know what everyone is asking for. Off the bat I said doc editing and banking. He said doc editing is coming and he hadn't thought of a banking app. I have my own laundry list of what I'll be sending, but I'm posting this as I'm on the train. Let me know I'll pass it along in my e-mails to him. I'll also send him a link to this thread.
    What has everyone clamored for? Netflix, doc editting, cloud music players, stuff like that. What can't we do on our touchpads that people can do on iPads? Let's take away advantages.
    remote desktop client
    The New Yorker (it supposedly looks gorgeous on the iPad and picked up thousands of subs)
    noseph likes this.
    google nav or any nav that uses the compass. Netflix, audible, cut the rope, plants vs zombies, and that is all I really liked from my android affair.
    TheDewWorm and johnsonbx like this.
    I am still on 1.4.5 but pdf viewing is an issue as well. Talk to those adobe folks.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    What has everyone clamored for? Netflix, doc editting, cloud music players, stuff like that. What can't we do on our touchpads that people can do on iPads? Let's take away advantages.
    Good point on Netflix and all the other mentions. When you state what can be done on iPads, I have no idea. I'll be looking at app wish lists that are on PreCentral and steering him to those also. Just trying to share the wealth and not just ask for stuff that I want. I also want an audible, iGoogle books, Bible, . . . trust me, I can keep going.

I've started a draft e-mail for the things that you guys have mentioned so far.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    whatsapp, netflix, fling, oovoo, tango, live profiles, bankofamerica app, chase app, evernote, pandora, spotify, shazaam, springpad, twitter (official), hulu plus, open table, google earth, paypal, mint, Camera, imbd, Bump, Barcode scanner, words with friends, mapquest, stanza, ebay, youtube.....

Just to name a few....
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Can't believe I forgot to say BIBLE, thats a big one for me, the ones I have seen so far are less than Ideal. Bible Reader Plus would be awesome ON the TouchPad, Thats my all time favorite bible app, I like it even better than You Vision on the Iphone.
    Shazam is definitely the app I miss the most with my Pre 2.
    words with friends and the time warner cable app,
    TheDewWorm and noodlex5 like this.
    RDP client, netflix and dlna media player.
    johnsonbx and noseph like this.
    Mint.com
    Xmarks
    LogMeIn
    Ventrilo
    Ebook reading app (not friggin' Amazon, something compatible with pdb and epub)
    Prey app (Open source anti-theft solution for Mac, PCs & Phones Prey)
    ZumoDrive/ZumoCast
    Encrypted on-device storage (like TrueCrypt)
    twbrooklyn and johnsonbx like this.
    I really want NDrive or another top-notch navigation app that can work with the GPS signal from a Novatel MiFi wifi hotspot I carry in my car (or any other wifi hotspot folks have - like their 4G cell phones).

I don't want or need an app that only works with a GPS in the TouchPad. NDrive 11 for webOS would be great to have for the TouchPad; their website says it is in the webOS app cat, but I have not found it in the TouchPad app cat.

The other navigation apps have not been optimized for the TouchPad, so it is like looking at the Pre on my wonderful, huge TouchPad landscape.

Definitely want Words with Friends also.
    Last edited by TheDewWorm; 08/07/2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Forgot an app
    I would urge him to court the developers of the top 50 iPad apps to port their app to the Touchpad. Especially Netflix. I don't use the service myself, but one of the associates at my local Staples was telling me they had a few returns due to "no Netflix". So, HP really needs to dangle the carrot in front of Netflix for them to develop an app for the Touchpad.. as this alone is causing them to lose sales.
    Last edited by jetsetter883; 08/07/2011 at 05:16 PM.
    johnsonbx and rustymutt like this.
    PNC Bank, words with friends, Netflix
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    words with friends and xfinity app netflix
    krisnicaj likes this.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast