Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay, when I grabbed the train to come back from SF, I ran into a work colleague who introduced the people she was with. Long story long, one was an HP/Palm guy. I said your kidding and told him I have the launch Pre and launch TP. I asked for his card and he asked me to tell him what sort of apps I want, because he's with development.

In the back of my mind, I thought I'd keep this treasure trove to myself; but even though I'm selfish, I decided to start this thread and let him know what everyone is asking for. Off the bat I said doc editing and banking. He said doc editing is coming and he hadn't thought of a banking app. I have my own laundry list of what I'll be sending, but I'm posting this as I'm on the train. Let me know I'll pass it along in my e-mails to him. I'll also send him a link to this thread.

See post #94 to see hp guy's response
    1st installment e-mail List:
    Netflix
    Audible
    xfinity app
    A Bible app (MyBible or Bible Reader Plus)
    Cloud Music app
    Xmarks
    words with friends and the time warner cable app
    LogMeIn
    Ventrilo
    ZumoDrive/ZumoCast
    Encrypted on-device storage (like TrueCrypt)
    NDrive or another top-notch navigation app that can work with the GPS signal from a Novatel MiFi wifi hotspot I carry in my car

Ongoing List with prioritization:
    1)Doc Editing
    2)Netflix
    3)Audible
    4)Banking app/ Mint.com
    5)BIBLE (stand alone version with NIV, NLT, etc)Simple Bible Pro
    6)ebook/e-pub reader (like Adobe Digital editions)
    7)Something to synch with Quicken (Banking app that syncs with QuickenWhatsapp for *
    8)A password management app that sync w/ TP, phone, and desktop (such as SplashID,jVault or passwords plus able to sync by most recent individual record update to all three and compatible with pre (1.4.5)[or as , touchpad, and desktop.
    9)Finance program for my business.
    10)Photo management program (not just filing, but photo editing too)
    11)Nook book app
    12)Sling Player and a XMRadio/Sirius App
    In post #66 I had requested an RDP client, as had I believe 6 others, yet I do not see it listed in either of the lists. I, and I believe most business/enterprise users, have a desperate need for a true RDP client to connect to modern Windows OS Remote Desktop Services.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    In post #66 I had requested an RDP client, as had I believe 6 others, yet I do not see it listed in either of the lists. I, and I believe most business/enterprise users, have a desperate need for a true RDP client to connect to modern Windows OS Remote Desktop Services.
    It's in the 2nd installment e-mail request. When I get home tonight, I'll update the first post to show the prioritization list and I'll also copy an edited version of the e-mail that I sent.

Prior to the Friday e-mail. I may ask some of you direct questions about your requests either in the thread or through PM. I think some of the stuff was repeated in the request, because people asked for the same things, but with different terminology. For instance, I think the handwriting recognition and two of the other requests were the same, but some people were more explicit about it's use with synergy.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by niegowsj View Post
    I would like to see the ability to access the files on my network without having to use the USB cord. If I could save them onto the touchpad that would be great.

Other than that I would like an app for:
    the popbox
    Netflix
    Comcast
    HBOGO
    Words with Friends

not really an app but the ability to have multiple accounts so my wife can use the facebook app etc.

Thanks
    Access files on your network w/o usb cord. Are you meaning via Bluetooth or wifi sync? We have Wifi Media Sync. It allows you to move files and data to and from your PC to your phone and TouchPad or vice versa.
    viper151 likes this.
    I would like to suggest first of all the above that bdhu2001 suggested and then something like the following android app

Unified Remote

FEATURES

* Custom Remotes
    * WiFi (TCP/UDP)
    * Bluetooth
    * Easy server and app setup
    * Comprehensive server manager
    * Automatic server detection
    * Clear connection troubleshooting
    * Custom/Android keyboard support
    * Single/Multi touch mouse
    * Hardware volume control
    * Quick Switch using swipe gestures
    * Quickly change servers
    * Auto-pause media for phone calls
    * Homescreen shortcuts to remotes
    * Wake On Lan
    * Server password protection
    * 256-bit AES encryption
  5.    #125  
    Again these are the top to satisfy the greatest # of customers:
    *Doc Editing (this is needed yesterday or at least a tablet version of Notes by inglorious.
    *Netflix
    *Audible!!!
    Mint.com/ Banking app/Quicken synchronization would be huge/WFB BofA
    *EXTEND SYNERGY

Now I'll add the new ones:

• epocrates
    • ebook/e-pub reader (like Adobe Digital editions or Nook that allowed side loading We can do it with mobi books)
    • Something to synch with Quicken
    • Sattelite tracking program
    • RDP client
    • Remote desktop for TP
    • Handwriting recognition software (like on other tablets)
    • jVault or passwords plus able to sync by most recent individual record update to all three and compatible with pre (1.4.5)[or as , touchpad, and desktop. Look at the Patches thread. The guy has made patches for SplashID, Lastpass and jVault. If those get released by developers everyone will be satisfied with this issue (I'm fine, because I'm using the SplashID version)
    • Finance program for my business.
    • Photo management program (not just filing, but photo editing too)
    • Nook book app (won't need if you and pReader guy work B&N)
    • Handwriting/note taking program which syncs with various options like OneNote and evernote
    • I would love to see a WebOs 3.0+ (Touchpad) built in option to write with a stylus on a pop up ruled line and have my penmanship recognized and automatically converted into typed text with auto correcting spell checking.
    • and Oh...that works/paste seamlessly with/into all applications !
    • A native app to support a SeaGate Satellite would be great. Or, alternatively, a similar device from HP for it.
    • Also would like a dedicated app (with notepad themes) that allows me to "ink" write anywhere on the full screen and apply auto dating, and auto time stamping, multi page, and multi category organization and OCR searchable and exportable to other apps evernote, one note, google docs, pdf etc. (include easy erase options )
    • TeamViewer omfg TeamViewer. If there is only one more app coming to webOS, let it be TeamViewer.
    • Also, WhatsApp integration into Synergy = WIN
    • A cool astronomy app that lets me point the TouchPad at the sky to see the names of all the stars I'm pointing it at (worked on the iPad without a camera so it should work on the TouchPad with no camera as well).

On the e-mail there are indents inside the bullets. I just realized that somehow I left off Sling Player and a XMRadio/Sirius App. On the plus side, they are on the priority list on the first post and there is a link to this thread. I'm trying to prioritize the front post now that we know some of the apps are available and to not list stuff that have apps available. I'll keep working at it.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by JD.Plourde.II View Post
    Text message to and from a phone number on a WiFi only connection
    Wouldn't Google Voice do this? And since you're on a Tablet over WiFi. Through MobiOS app or GoogyOS app you get all of the mobile Google sites (MobiOS gives you Yahoo, Google, Windows Live and AOL).
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    I haven't checked yet, but on my pre- , I really like BibleZ -- I'm hoping , and I think I remember he replied to an email query of mine, that he is going to make a TP version...
    BibleZ is available.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    not sure if its been said already, but windows live messenger app/intergration
    and i think havine a rts (real time stratergy) game on the touchpad would be awesome something like command and conquer

i havent got my touchpad yet, still awaiting delivery so these suggestions are based on what ive seen online
  9.    #129  
    I've sent the third installment. Next I'll do a post of what's already available and what's already working. I'll edit the first post so that it will lead people to correct post w/o scrolling through everything.

Edited 3rd installment:
    Okay, hopefully you're looking at the thread work with Playon on a WebOS version. . . Playon allows the user to use all or most of their media through one app instead of launching several icons (synergy with media already packaged- Netflix, Amazon Prime, Pandora, Hulu, CBS, cable stations and etc.

Now on to the list

• Doc editing
    • note-taking app with handwriting recognition that would save as text in a MS Word compatible file
    • Banking or Mint.com app (Banking that syncs with quicken is best- no one else has it)
    • Netflix ( A Playon app would take care of request for Pandora, netflix, hulu, ESPN, view avi files etc)
    • Audible
    • RDP
    • xfinity/ comcast/ HBO go app (a way to view their on-line premium channels)
    • XMRadio/Sirius App
    • Further integration with box or something that makes it seem like I have a extended environment
    • Password management (there's a few on WebOS and some patches now. I'll advise the thread).

Now to the new ones:

• XMRadio/Sirius App (It was on the thread, but I didn't add it last list. ***This ones huge from posts in other threads).
    • Sling player app (***mentioned in other threads)
    • customizable categories for contacts and the quadrant format for tasks.
    • Garage Band -type (music creation)**** (I've seen this mentioned quite a few time in other threads)
    • Official apps from theme parks (Universal, Disney, etc.)
    • connect to my HP MediaVault through my home windows network
    • note-taking app with handwriting recognition that would save as text in a MS Word compatible file (have to re-mention. it's big for me. Even if it's a stylus app that used graffiti so that you don't have to worry about handwriting recognition and diff styles of writing, it would work ).
    • windows live messenger app/integration
    Superbrothers sword and sworcery ep!!!!!!! Pleasseeee!!!!
    I wanted to chime in on a few points:

Its true that since the launch of the Pre, there have been threads asking for certain apps (SlingPlayer comes to mind). It still saddens me that most of the apps requested (or equivalents) are not out even when some of the limitations of the SDK have been removed (such as access to mic API). With that said, I'm not losing hope yet... so here are my additions that would make the webOS experience complete (for me):

1 - SlingPlayer (SlingMedia, really? No webOS client but there is a WP7 one? C'mon guys, we've asked you for as long as we can remember... what do we have to do to convince you guys? And to prove my point, sales of WP7 devices have not been as stellar - so what's the excuse?)

2- Mint.com

3- Netflix - While folks mentioned Vudu, Amzon, etc, its all about mindshare and in the market Netflix is simply a household name. Android just started receiving Netflix love, but what about us?

4- Shazam - Either Shazam, Soundhound or a clone would fill this void just fine.

5- LogMeIn (same boat as SlingPlayer)

6- Starbucks (nuff said!)
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarquez View Post
    I wanted to chime in on a few points:

Its true that since the launch of the Pre, there have been threads asking for certain apps (SlingPlayer comes to mind). It still saddens me that most of the apps requested (or equivalents) are not out even when some of the limitations of the SDK have been removed (such as access to mic API). With that said, I'm not losing hope yet... so here are my additions that would make the webOS experience complete (for me):

1 - SlingPlayer (SlingMedia, really? No webOS client but there is a WP7 one? C'mon guys, we've asked you for as long as we can remember... what do we have to do to convince you guys? And to prove my point, sales of WP7 devices have not been as stellar - so what's the excuse?)

2- Mint.com

3- Netflix - While folks mentioned Vudu, Amzon, etc, its all about mindshare and in the market Netflix is simply a household name. Android just started receiving Netflix love, but what about us?

4- Shazam - Either Shazam, Soundhound or a clone would fill this void just fine.

5- LogMeIn (same boat as SlingPlayer)

6- Starbucks (nuff said!)
    Thank you. The only one you've mentioned that hasn't been turned in, is Starbucks. We know that HP reviews PreCentral so I'm hopeful that even people who aren't our guy have come across the thread and others with app requests. Thus, I'm sure they are aware of how much everyone wants Netflix, SlingPlayer and LogMeIn.

Here's a few things to get you buy until the apps appear: post 39 pg 2 is a developer's response who's working on Shazam or a Shazam type app; Playon (on line) has a two week free trial and will give you access to Netflix, and most of your other media apps; Also see post 94 pg 5 for the hp guy's response to the initial e-mail. It's promising towards the request that you've made.

There's also a bored developer who's started a thread "What apps do you want?" You may want to post a request on his thread and see what his response is. The first post on this thread will be updated advising people as apps come out and what posts they can find the information in.
    Roboform for password management.
    That Google app that lets you speak commands to your tablet (an Android staple).
    Movie*Slate (ported from iOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    for me
    Sonos Controller - for Pre and TP
    Evernote - for TP
    Skype - pre
    +1 for Sonos Controller !!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Does your HP contact have any comment on the discontinuation of webOS? Will they still release the updates that are currently in the works?

If we still get a Netflix viewing app and document editing, then it may be worth keeping.
    Past: Treo 300 > 650 > 700w > 750
    Present: HP iPAQ Glisten (WM) + TouchPad
    Future: Pre3 + Veer + TouchPad

Just waiting for webOS 3 on the phones. Please hurry, HP!
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by ag95keri View Post
    Does your HP contact have any comment on the discontinuation of webOS? Will they still release the updates that are currently in the works?

If we still get a Netflix viewing app and document editing, then it may be worth keeping.
    Based on what I saw yesterday, no-one knows what HP is up to. Even the higher ups in the company appeared to be dumbfounded. But if I get any hints I'll let you know. I'm a big supporter of WebOS and the OS is awesome, but I have to say if I had an option, I would not keep the device right now. Without doc editing and no way to use audible and not having a banking app. It's a pretty device with awesome potential that may never be realized.
    1. Document Editing abilities.
    2. Evernote
    3. Some kind of remote display to a projector to computer (VNC server for the touchpad? But something faster than that...), maybe something like the iphone does for projecting content onto a TV. I forget what that is called.
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    1. Document Editing abilities.
    2. Evernote
    3. Some kind of remote display to a projector to computer (VNC server for the touchpad? But something faster than that...), maybe something like the iphone does for projecting content onto a TV. I forget what that is called.
    We have Evernote.

I want a Last.fm app, esp. radio.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Without doc editing and no way to use audible and not having a banking app. It's a pretty device with awesome potential that may never be realized.
    Ahh, yes, I forgot audible. I also forgot RoboForm ... I'm so addicted that I find it almost impossible to use a web browser without it.

I've seen requests for other password apps, and there are a few available in the app catalog, but IMHO, RoboForm is the absolute BEST password app out there. I use it with IE & Firefox on all my laptops, and I also use it on my Windows Mobile device. Not only does it store identies and credit cards to autofill web forms, but it syncs all my devices so that if I create/change a password/identity on one device, that password/identity is accessible to all my devices.

I've been using RoboForm for 5+ years and have found that browsing without it (like on the TouchPad) really sux. Having to jump over to a separate password database app every time I need to log into a website really diminishes the user experience when you're used to just clicking a toolbar button to login or fill web forms.

I guess I'll never see it for WebOS now.
    Past: Treo 300 > 650 > 700w > 750
    Present: HP iPAQ Glisten (WM) + TouchPad
    Future: Pre3 + Veer + TouchPad

Just waiting for webOS 3 on the phones. Please hurry, HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    We have Evernote.

I want a Last.fm app, esp. radio.

For running inside the webOS emulator, yes. No Evernote HD specifically for the TouchPad.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast