Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    A native app to support a SeaGate Satellite would be great. Or, alternatively, a similar device from HP for it.

For those not familiar:
    GoFlex Satellite Wireless | Seagate
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    I see. Honestly most of those threads don't need to be updated because much of what's there is still not available. I'm sure there are exceptions but lots of stuff people asked for a year ago still isn't there. But yeah i'd hope HP knows and already had a person or two reading such threads. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They could make this guys life a bit easier though and just give him a list though since they should already know.
    It's okay that you don't want to contribute. HP and the guy already look at PreCentral and search through threads. This is just another way of them reaching out. Remember HP didn't start the thread, I did as a way to share the wealth. This thread is specifically for the purpose of asking for what apps people want. I've already stated that I'll make a link of one of the other threads and e-mail that link also. But having been on this Forum for years, it is not the easiest forum to search through.

Having said all that, I love the community and appreciate your thoughts.

Everyone, lets stay on topic. App request, not system updates. Also see post #94 where I list a direct response from the hp guy. Thanks
    I want epocrates damn it! (indispensible drug reference for physicians)
    For me, besides netflix, xfinity and doc editing already mentioned would be:

Media player with OGG support
    VNC (at least a viewer)
    Document Editing
    an NFL Gameday App (similar concept as the MLB at Bat app)
    mint.com App
    Words With Friends App
    Flipboard
    Evernote
    Remote Desktop App
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    There's no Netflix yet but with HP's Movie Store, Crackle.com, VUDU, and Amazon movies, is it really so desperately needed?

Not to mention major games from EA, Rovio, Gameloft, and GLU mobile. Yes, HP needs to get Quick Office released, and an RDP app is needed, but there's lot of FUD in here...
    Crackle.com has an extremely limited collection, as does Amazon Prime, the rest are pay by the movie services, so they cost a LOT more if you watch even a few movies a month. But if you are already paying for a Netflix streaming account, then you would probably want to get those movies that you are already paying for. Luckily I went with Hulu Plus, and the video works fine with their web site on my overclocked TP, but if I was already paying for Netflix, then yeah, it would be needed, despite all of those services you listed.
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Crackle.com has an extremely limited collection, as does Amazon Prime, the rest are pay by the movie services, so they cost a LOT more if you watch even a few movies a month. But if you are already paying for a Netflix streaming account, then you would probably want to get those movies that you are already paying for. Luckily I went with Hulu Plus, and the video works fine with their web site on my overclocked TP, but if I was already paying for Netflix, then yeah, it would be needed, despite all of those services you listed.
    Exactly. I'm one of those that have a Netflix streaming account and I would like to see an app come to webOS. If there was a competitive alternative I would consider it but none of those the other poster listed come close imo.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flyers333 View Post

VNC (at least a viewer)
    I believe the developer of AudiophileHD Pro will be eventually supporting FLAC and OGG.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I believe the developer of AudiophileHD Pro will be eventually supporting FLAC and OGG.
    Wait, I thought it already did. Awesome, glad I am about done transcoding a bunch of music on to the device with Songbird, haha.
    Producteev is a good cloud based task/list app.
    words with friends, HBO go, netflix
    sorli likes this.
    I would love to see a WebOs 3.0+ (Touchpad) built in option to write with a stylus on a pop up ruled line and have my penmanship recognized and automatically converted into typed text with auto correcting spell checking.

and Oh...that works/paste seamlessly with/into all applications !

Also would like a dedicated app (with notepad themes) that allows me to "ink" write anywhere on the full screen and apply auto dating, and auto time stamping, multi page, and multi category organization and OCR searchable and exportable to other apps evernote, one note, google docs, pdf etc. (include easy erase options )

and DropBox integration ( or Sky Drives 25Gb free cloud space) prefer DropBox though

...not asking for much.....Moses had the 10 commandments on his tablet and those are tough !
    Audible!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Titan078 likes this.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyers333 View Post

VNC (at least a viewer)
    What about vlc remote? Does it now allow full screen viewing after login. Also Audiophile has OGG support. Do those meet your need?
    cut to clipboard, copy to clipboard, paste from clipboard, add or remove quote level in email app.

I thought I posted a thanks yesterday for pointing out the jVault patch. Thanks again since that post apparently self destructed.
    Starwalk
  17.    #117  
    I forgot to mention that I've sent the second installment. It looks like the thread has calmed down so after this week. I may send the e-mails less often.

For those of you who have phone versions of the app you want, be sure to contact the developer and check out the patch thread. The guy there is helping with full screen patch work-grounds to help us fill in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Actually, when people state Bible app, they mean a stand-a-lone Bible app. Not one that requires that you be connected to the internet. In addition, they/we mean that has multiple versions such as NIV, NLT, HCSB,KJ, MSG, etc. The current versions do not allow us to actually use our TP in church or when we're out of the country.
    I haven't checked yet, but on my pre- , I really like BibleZ -- I'm hoping , and I think I remember he replied to an email query of mine, that he is going to make a TP version...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but many of the apps mentioned here are available or work directly from the sites. It's almost like this thread was resurrected from the past??
    Two reasons.

First, marketing. Telling people how stupid they are to care about apps isn't going to cut it, and attempting to tell people they don't need apps when you're an upstart that is a distant third or fourth just looks more like you're trying to make excuses. Like it or not, at least for the near term, "Apps" are a measuring stick for mobile OS's. Even if people don't use many or any apps, it still helps marketting in promoting one OS over another. Having more apps, regardless if you think they're useful or not, is a useful thing for marketting. Especially apps that are considered somewhat defining for the device style...such as netflix for tablets.

Second, everyone uses their devices differently. You like going through the website. Wonderful for you, I'm happy for you. That doesn't make you better than someone who prefers an app, and it doesn't magically erase those people. Take for example the iPad. Apple, in their arrogance, poo pooed the notion of needing a facebook app. "You can just use the website fine" they said. And yet Friendly and Friendbook are both routinely a top 30 downloaded app. Why? Because websites, while usable on a tablet, may not be best optimized for touch. And having an app that is build, from the ground up, to work with the type of input interface and the screen size you have is...often...going to be easier to use than the flat website.

Does that mean you can't use the website? Heavens no, and its a good stand in. But for those that prefer a method that is built to be optimized for hte type of device you're on that experience doesn't one up having an app for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    I haven't checked yet, but on my pre- , I really like BibleZ -- I'm hoping , and I think I remember he replied to an email query of mine, that he is going to make a TP version...
    Yep, it's in the TP's App Catalog now.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast