Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Looking for HandBase type program for designing and storing relational databases. I've seen a couple others in the Catalog store but they haven't released an update yet for the Touchpad.
    I need a darn good tower defence game!

That and Shazam.
    sweet greggo and sorli like this.
    i find it amazing that they'd even have to ask at this stage in the game and after two years.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    RDP
    Netflix
    Banking apps (WFB, BofA, etc.)
    SSH client (no homebrew)
    Quicken
    handwriting/note taking program which syncs with various options like OneNote and evernote
    Just wondering: I'm coming from an iphone/ipad device and some developers are notorious for "double-dipping" when it comes to apps on both devices. You know charging again for apps if you wanted to get the tablet version. Will it be the same for WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    Just wondering: I'm coming from an iphone/ipad device and some developers are notorious for "double-dipping" when it comes to apps on both devices. You know charging again for apps if you wanted to get the tablet version. Will it be the same for WebOS?
    You can transfer the apps you bought for your Pre phone to the Tablet at no cost, but if you wanted the tablet version, you'd have to buy it again.

Angry Birds for example, is like this. You can play the phone version (it looks a little blocky, but still plays great), or you can spend the 2$ and buy the HD version with is the same game with better graphics.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Swype...
    frankos72 likes this.
    LogMeIn
    Olive Tree Bible Reader
    Mahjong and Friends
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Sling Player and a XMRadio/Sirius App
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    cujoq37 likes this.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    i find it amazing that they'd even have to ask at this stage in the game and after two years.
    It's a new guy who's just signed on. He's been with them for two months. I'm sure HP/Palm doesn't have to ask, but it's helpful to have a connection with an actual user. I would have just e-mailed him my preferences and then sent him a link to one of the many app wish list threads. But those threads aren't necessarily updated and some start from years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypreindc View Post
    - MLB at Bat
    MLB At Bat, definitely. Can only get the Gameday Audio currently and this is the one app that makes me think every now and then of switching over the the iPhone.
  14.    #94  
    Okay, I've gotten a response from the first e-mail installment. Thus, I've edited the first post to show the list in the initial e-mail, as well as, an ongoing prioritized list. That way you can see what the hp guy is responding to. I've taken out identifying information, but here's the response:

This is great! We’ve been chatting about some of these –but Palm is focused on: productivity, media and tools for developers. I would consider a lot of these apps to fall into those buckets. However, things like specific bank’s apps and words with friends are not really in our domain. This is going to take people like everyone who posted on Palm central to petition the words with friends developers to create an app for our platform.

I agree that I think WebOS has a lot of potential as an OS. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have accepted a job with Palm. . .

BTW – I’m forwarding this email to our Product team (they own the SW roadmap).
    I think it's a Great response from HP guy. Isn't it nice to see that they really are listening and trying to get a gauge on what the users want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieBaseball23 View Post
    MLB At Bat, definitely. Can only get the Gameday Audio currently and this is the one app that makes me think every now and then of switching over the the iPhone.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-launches.html
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Also many of the things people are asking for in these threads are already available. I'm not sure if what is there isn't fitting a specific need for something, they are not easy to find in the AppCat or people don't know that many Mojo apps (apps programmed for prev Vers of WebOS) work fine on the TP.

(ie Requests for a Bible app, I have three of them on my TP and they were all free and work great)
    My apologies to amrcc. Simple Bible Pro is now available. For those of you who are new to WebOS, Simple Bible Pro works with Laridian to make the Bibles that are available through the old (Palm OS) MyBible available. This means all of our study Bibles and translations are available. Sorry I missed that.
    amrcc thanks for making me double check. Bits of god (Simple Bible crew), thank you, thank you, thank you. Yes, yes, yes!!!!

Also for those of you who have requested jVault, there's a patch to get it to work on TP.
    I'm surprised no one has even mentioned WebEx. I wish HP would lean on some of these vendors to support WebOS... they support BB and IOS already.
    Wozza666 and OldPalmReader like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    It's a new guy who's just signed on. He's been with them for two months. I'm sure HP/Palm doesn't have to ask, but it's helpful to have a connection with an actual user. I would have just e-mailed him my preferences and then sent him a link to one of the many app wish list threads. But those threads aren't necessarily updated and some start from years back.
    I see. Honestly most of those threads don't need to be updated because much of what's there is still not available. I'm sure there are exceptions but lots of stuff people asked for a year ago still isn't there. But yeah i'd hope HP knows and already had a person or two reading such threads. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They could make this guys life a bit easier though and just give him a list though since they should already know.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but many of the apps mentioned here are available or work directly from the sites. It's almost like this thread was resurrected from the past??

I have INGDirect, Bank of America, and Federal Credit Union accounts and manage them all from my TPad. There are numerous Bible apps, newspaper apps for most major papers, news aggregators, Kindle, pReader.

There's no Netflix yet but with HP's Movie Store, Crackle.com, VUDU, and Amazon movies, is it really so desperately needed?

Not to mention major games from EA, Rovio, Gameloft, and GLU mobile. Yes, HP needs to get Quick Office released, and an RDP app is needed, but there's lot of FUD in here...
    sorli likes this.
    palm central?? lol i like that.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast