Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
  1.    #61  
    Okay, it's been requested that I summarize the request in the first post. I will starting tomorrow when i get back from work, but it will mainly be a summary of app requests that have been received and kind of a prioritization based on the ones people seem to request the most (this thread or others).
    Catching the train to come back from SF to where? Sorry I know it's OT, but I had to ask.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Google Body/WebGL plz
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neruda6000 View Post
    If there was some sort of note-taking app with handwriting recognition that would save as text in a MS Word compatible file, similar to the functionality already available on HP's tablet PCs, I would be taking my TP to every meeting 5 days a week. Would save me the chore of typing up meeting minutes/action items while putting the TP in front of everyone I interact with throughout the week. Seems like a win/win to me.

Sure, a built-in stylus like with other HP tablet PCs would be nice, but I can get by with a 3rd party stylus no problem.
    Yes, yes, yes!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I want to be able to connect to my HP MediaVault through my home windows network.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notme23 View Post
    RDP client, netflix and dlna media player.
    Completely agree with RDP Client and Netflix. Also need the ability to set web proxy.

DLNA Media Player is already in the app catalog, check out BHome (free trial).
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Remote Desktop
    Doc Editing (to be redundant)
    Money mgmt
    Pandora
    Cozi
    Hulu+
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Many of you have already said what I have been thinking. What I personally would like to see is
    - ING Direct banking app
    - More games (RPGs)
    - Official apps from theme parks (Universal, Disney, etc.)
    SketchBook Pro
    Garage Band -type (music creation)
    Photo editor with advance functions including layers
    Mind-Mapping app
    Scrabble (with webOS phones as tile holders)
    Words With Friends
    Fruit Ninja
    Flipboard
    A Better Weather App
    Google Earth
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Would love an Evernote app for the TP. Also Netflix (this should be a gimme). There's definitely room for improvement in existing apps: QVC - needs to add wishlist functionality (this would be an edge up over ipad). Google Sky with use of the gyroscope and location servcies. And then please give us And you're right, a Bank App would be great
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Also, really need a Notes app that's linked to Microsoft Office Notes
    RDP and of course already stated MS office editing.. not just docs but excel and the whole slew of those. Logmein and Teamviewer.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Slingbox! (It's available on iphone, blackberry, android and yes even on palmOS, but NOT webOS?) Sirius, Pandora and Netflix and I'd be happy.
    Netflix
    for me
    Sonos Controller - for Pre and TP
    Evernote - for TP
    Skype - pre
    Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    Some Work Whirl/Text Twist clone would be nice! I'll second the other votes for full Office editing. LexiComp for TP would also be nice.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    It seems like everybody already mentioned everything, so can I just ask for a Google+ app?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Some Work Whirl/Text Twist clone would be nice!
    THIS! My wife loves those types of games, and I usually "help" her with some.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The ability to password protect indiviual contact entries like you could on the treo 755. You could even mask them so they could be dialed but not seen.
    TeamViewer omfg TeamViewer.
    If there is only one more app coming to webOS, let it be TeamViewer.

Also, WhatsApp integration into Synergy = WIN

A cool astronomy app that lets me point the TouchPad at the sky to see the names of all the stars I'm pointing it at (worked on the iPad without a camera so it should work on the TouchPad with no camera as well).
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast