Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    how about an app for pc/mac that will easily convert most if not all parts of iOS apps to webOS. That platform file structure and app type is known very well, so that should be a small feat. for HP development.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    OldPalmReader likes this.
    Netflix
    Mint.com
    Doc Editing
    EXTEND SYNERGY

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    Sounds like you may be interested in the app I've been working on. it will be out this month.
    Oh this just keeps getting better. Now we have developers looking to note the apps they're already working on that people are requesting and we have an in with an HP person that's interested.

Originally posted by knucklehead
    jVault or passwords plus able to sync by most recent individual record update to all three and compatible with pre (1.4.5)[or as , touchpad, and desktop.
    My password software of choice was SplashID. They didn't keep WebOS updates and you can't get it in the app catalog, but I'm trying out SecuStore. So far it shows a lot of promise. It has a desktop app, but doesn't sync to that in the TP version. However, it does allow web password logins, etc. I'll keep you posted on that.

My husband uses jVault so I'll be sure to put that request in my second e-mail installment. I'm trying to not flood this guy with e-mails, but all of your ideas certainly makes it tempting to send a second e-mail today.

BTW, I'm glad to see that everyone is taking to the thread. I hope he uses the link and monitors the thread, because some of the stuff you guys are requesting aren't apps they're system updates, enhancements or changes.
    Anyway, I'll give him all the app ideas and let him know that other ideas are also on the thread. As I said, I'll also give him links to the app request thread and one or two others.

HP guy(I know I have your card and name, but you get to use anything for a user name so have fun), if you start monitoring the thread, let us know. that way you won't be bombarded with e-mails from me about stuff you're already reading.
    I need a finance program for my business.
    All for One and One for All!
    FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY WMA SUPPORT SO I CAN LISTEN TO THE 1310 THE TICKET IN DALLAS!!!!!

It's been over TWO years. There is no reason not to pay the license and add WMA support. We are missing out on HUNDREDS of online radio stations because of this.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Whatsapp for phone, remote desktop for TP
    sledge007 likes this.
    How about Nook book app, My AT&T app, Realtor.com app, Around me app, Redbox app, Big Brother, Pandora, Fragger, Office Jerk, Paypal, Us weekly, TMZ, Foxnews
    The big one for me is an app/accessory combo.

An equivalent app & accessory to the Blackberry presenter. NOT screen sharing with another PC, but rather the ability to drive ANY other external display from my TP...like that 10 year old VGA projector in the conference room the company's too cheap to replace.

And make sure I can do it wirelessly...cause it's kind of pointless for me to have a tablet only to have to put it down when I present rather than carry it with me so I can follow along instead of constantly turning back to the screen to make sure the slides are keeping up.

A legit drawing app...like Penultimate

A Visio viewer...at least
    Bluetooth capable of transferring files.
    Doc editing of course for MS word, Powerpoint, EXCEL etc! MAybe HP can rattle Data Viz' cage?
    Photo management program (not just filing, but photo editing too).
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Something to synch with Quicken, Sattelite tracking program.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  11.    #51  
    Okay, I've started the draft on the 2nd installment. I'm going to try to wait until Wednesday to send it, but I might succumb to the impulse and send tomorrow after work. My idea is to shoot for Mon, Wed, Fri and count the e-mail that I sent tonight as the first Monday installment. Yes it's not Monday, but I don't think any of us could have gotten that question and that card w/o sending something the first day (ha, ha).
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    What I want is just anouncments... I know it takes time to get this stuff done, but we have already proved we can wait as long as it takes (well most of us anyways)... We need announcements from the big app devs. If we know what we are waiting for we can be a much more constructive group.

ps. OP, it might be a good Idea to periodically summarize the requests with numbers of requests for each app in a section on the first post. That has helped a ton in these type of threads in the past.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Something to synch with Quicken, Sattelite tracking program.
    I would love something to sync with Quicken, it's why I didn't bother with the iPad2. If neither Tablet could give me Quicken then I was going to at least stick with the OS that I enjoy.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Also many of the things people are asking for in these threads are already available. I'm not sure if what is there isn't fitting a specific need for something, they are not easy to find in the AppCat or people don't know that many Mojo apps (apps programmed for prev Vers of WebOS) work fine on the TP.

(ie Requests for a Bible app, I have three of them on my TP and they were all free and work great)
    sorli and cobrakon like this.
    A good rpg/games, a Native Camera app. Native supports for more video formats. Better way to access skype/more video chat apps. Google maps/gps. Expanded wifi support. all i could think at top of my head.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Also many of the things people are asking for in these threads are already available. I'm not sure if what is there isn't fitting a specific need for something, they are not easy to find in the AppCat or people don't know that many Mojo apps (apps programmed for prev Vers of WebOS) work fine on the TP.

(ie Requests for a Bible app, I have three of them on my TP and they were all free and work great)
    Actually, when people state Bible app, they mean a stand-a-lone Bible app. Not one that requires that you be connected to the internet. In addition, they/we mean that has multiple versions such as NIV, NLT, HCSB,KJ, MSG, etc. The current versions do not allow us to actually use our TP in church or when we're out of the country.

I agree that some of what people are asking for is available, but not most. Can you give me some other examples? I thought there was already a remote desktop app, but I see plenty of people asking for that app.
    The apps listed are nice, but I want further integration with box or something that makes it seem like I have a extended environment. I feel "boxed" in.
    If there was some sort of note-taking app with handwriting recognition that would save as text in a MS Word compatible file, similar to the functionality already available on HP's tablet PCs, I would be taking my TP to every meeting 5 days a week. Would save me the chore of typing up meeting minutes/action items while putting the TP in front of everyone I interact with throughout the week. Seems like a win/win to me.

Sure, a built-in stylus like with other HP tablet PCs would be nice, but I can get by with a 3rd party stylus no problem.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Doc Editing & more syncing for practical stuff. Add Read Later or something similar so I can just download or synch all my newspapers/magazines to read at my leisure & don't have to be online to do it. Also a good Bible App.

For fun: SlingBox, Netflix, Shazaam,. etc

Oh yeah, PUT BACK THE GESTURES!!!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Both easybible and biblez offer multiple versions and some offline modules. Also the kindle app offers many free versions.

other examples are:
    Hulu doesn't need an app it works in the browser
    Pandora while not having an updated app yet works in the browser
    justdraw/photo effects for editing pics
    box.net works great for media sync
    cribbage, backgammon

Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Actually, when people state Bible app, they mean a stand-a-lone Bible app. Not one that requires that you be connected to the internet. In addition, they/we mean that has multiple versions such as NIV, NLT, HCSB,KJ, MSG, etc. The current versions do not allow us to actually use our TP in church or when we're out of the country.

I agree that some of what people are asking for is available, but not most. Can you give me some other examples? I thought there was already a remote desktop app, but I see plenty of people asking for that app.
    cobrakon likes this.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast