1.    #1  
    I like my Touchpad, but let us imagine the next one. This model should be discounted more and a follow-up TP II brought on quickly. There is no GPS on this thing. Mapping only works with the Goog's wi-fi location service. Pretty lame.

Next model? A solid case carved from resin like the gorgeous Nokia N8/N9. I know it is not resin,some kind of plastic. People want a camera on the back? Ok, I but want a better chat camera. Make it the absolutely best Skype device.

OS development? Takes time,yah. Let us get the rendering engine up to speed please. This is a crash program, yes?

My network stack still freezes up; this is worse than on my Pre2. Get the tcp/ip working properly. Does android lose connectivity like this? There isn't any java in there. No? Why does a linux network stack lose sync?
    next one needs to be 7" so I can type with my thumbs.
    I agree. I use my thumbs also
    Must be at least 1280x720.
    Same on phones - I may not upgrade until a 4-4.5" 1280x720 display is available. Technology is there - they can already do 960x540 on a 4" 6mos ago (Atrix), 1280x720 isn't too much of a stretch, especially adding an extra 1/2" over standard 4" displays.

MUST be able to do minimal HD, or I'm not interested.

And yes, I think 7" is the sweet spot.

So... for TouchPad 2...
    Quad-core Qualcomm Kal-el processor, 1.2gHz or higher
    Decent quality GPU integrated in, or separate PowerVR/Mali/Tegra gfx
    7" 1280x800 display
    1GB RAM
    16gb/32GB flash
    MicroSD slot
    802.11 B/G/N
    Bluetooth 3
    USB port with host mode (via miniUSB/microUSB pigtail is fine to minimize size of onboard port)
    Mini/micro HDMI port, with full 1080P and DD5.1 output via the HDMI port

Those are my minimums...

MicroSD is good for more than just storage - makes transferring back-and-forth much easier, without having to use USB. I think a full size SD-card slot, with SDXC support makes more sense. You can use a MIcroSDHC with an adapter, yet still feed the TP2 full-size 64GB+ SDXC cards...
    The touchpad 2 will have new features HP gets from customer feedback

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

They really take it seriously.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    next one needs to be 7" so I can type with my thumbs.
    I'd rather keep the one I've got and have one of those split VKBs.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I'd rather keep the one I've got and have one of those split VKBs.
    That gives you the best of both: 10" screen and thumb typing like the Thumb or SwiftKey X tablet keyboards.
    I want TouchPad7.. it will my next tablet after my iPad1.