Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    I use my TouchPad so much now, my Sprint Pre just camps out on its Touchstone now a days. I've Had my TouchPad now since July 5th and have had no freeze ups or random boots just like many other people in here. I have been using the HP case with my TouchPad since day one and it makes handling my TouchPad nice, do not notice the so called claimed heft of the device and I highly recommend it to other users. As far as the complaint by some that the TouchPad is not thin enough, sitting my TouchPad down on the Touchstone to charge it instead of dealing with that silly wire (so 2008) is well worth the trade off IMO.

All of the pluses of webOS over the other os's is why one should keep the TouchPad and one thing is for sure, it's not hard to tell who the REAL TouchPad users are in here.
    Yup no way could you be a real touchpad user. Not a single reboot or freeze? Hah!

No one here has said it doesn't have pro's. We named many such as cards, synergy, touchstone, flash. But you surely can't fault people for buying a touchpad to see what it can do. What I see is that it's just not competive yet for apple and android users.

But really what do you mean not real? Like not owning a tp?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    preware
    muffle system logging and drop packet logging patches
    increase system volume patch
    uberkernel

smooth as silk - ipad fast. two new apps I found: Multi touch piano HD - this is something I saw when I had an ipad. Another good use = flash sites. Try ESPN3 (free). Good games; Angry birds HD and rio HD and NFS Hot Pursuit HD. Watched live shuttle coverage at CNN live streaming (tinyurl.com/cnnstream2)
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 08/07/2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Yup no way could you be a real touchpad user. Not a single reboot or freeze? Hah!

No one here has said it doesn't have pro's. We named many such as cards, synergy, touchstone, flash. But you surely can't fault people for buying a touchpad to see what it can do. What I see is that it's just not competive yet for apple and android users.

But really what do you mean not real? Like not owning a tp?
    What I don't get is people buying a TP and complaining about the weight and thickness. Did they not actually see one before they bought it? Imean, it's not like you are buying a box of kraft dinner at a supermarket, you think you would actually check out the product first before buying it. Bugs are to be expected on a launch product. Hopefully the apps will come soon enough. Nice thing is with Flash, it eliminated the need for a lot of specific apps, and the OS includes a lot of features which other platforms achieve through apps. Whats a real gem though is the ability to overclock for free and with a team that supports exploring those options without HP excommunicating them..
  5.    #25  
    I didn't realize there was an increase volume patch. If I keep this, that's definitely going on. A few times the volume was a bit too soft for my taste.

I had hefted the TP in the stores, so it's not the weight that surprised me, but the toll it took on my wrists (already weak from a medical condition). I've got a movie loaded up, so I'm going to test it tonight and see how it is holding onto it for that long (or if there's a good way to prop it in my lap). Perhaps a case/stand would be helpful for that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Laptops these days are lighter and lighter and around 8hrs battery. They can do so much more better.

After the commercial on hulu. Fixed by getting out and in to fullscreen again. Pain.

Also who knows how long till hulu blocks it.
    This is funny. You've spent several posts now trying to convince a newcomer that a service doesn't work, the he subsequently tried himself only to find out it does, and you still persist.

And now your final negative is that Hulu may block it. You're right. They may. The world could also end tomorrow, maybe you should sell all of your tech toys, just in case they fail you soon.

Sad, and funny at the same time.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Here's my 2 cents.

I got the TP this weekend for $300. A good price and I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it cost more.

I find myself using it much more than my netbook. It weighs much less, the battery life is about 4 times longer and browsing is much faster than the netbook with the slow Atom processor. I also like answering my phone with it. If HP ever gets the pre 3 released having texts on it will be great.

I'm planning to sell my netbook on ebay. Looking at other netbooks of the same type I think I can get about $150 for it. That will put the cost at about $150 for the TP. Well worth it to me for the great portability and for using on the couch.
    I shouldn't have derailed. But saying it's perfect for hulu videos is just not true, at least for me as you can see from the picture.

Keep it for the best multitasking experience and a lot of potential in the future.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    hparsons likes this.
    not perfect, but useable because it is free. To do it on iOS requires a monthly hulu subscription.
    hparsons likes this.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Unless you want to keep it as a toy I'd return it and either get an iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, or keep your cash.
    Unless you just want a good browser and facebook machine with the best multitasking. Then you can't beat the price.

It's more capable than a chrome book lol

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Return it.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Replace your netbook with it. I played with my dad's netbook (Toshiba NB505 one of the better rated ones) and it was painful. The Touchpad outperformed it in every way.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    preware
    muffle system logging and drop packet logging patches
    increase system volume patch
    uberkernel

smooth as silk - ipad fast. two new apps I found: Multi touch piano HD - this is something I saw when I had an ipad. Another good use = flash sites. Try ESPN3 (free). Good games; Angry birds HD and rio HD and NFS Hot Pursuit HD. Watched live shuttle coverage at CNN live streaming (tinyurl.com/cnnstream2)
    Does preware make that big of a difference? I'm running mine stock on 3.0.2 right now and I can't imagine it running as smoothly as my iPad. Scrolling, clicking, typing, and opening apps are all laggy for me right now
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebolamonkey3 View Post
    Does preware make that big of a difference? I'm running mine stock on 3.0.2 right now and I can't imagine it running as smoothly as my iPad. Scrolling, clicking, typing, and opening apps are all laggy for me right now
    How long have you had it? The TP is slow in the initial few days due to synergy set up and other background tasks. My TP runs very smoothly on 3.02, I added the logging patch but didn't notice much difference.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Why would anybody want to convince somebody else whether to keep their purchase or not?
    Why would somebody not know if they want something they bought in the first place?
    NNJ
    hparsons likes this.
    I can't help but notice that most negative comments are coming from people you'd expect negative comments from and from other people who only registered days ago, with nothing but a handful of negative comments in their profile. Hmmm.

It's weird how a tablet that went from 0 to #2 on Amazon, with a 4.5 star rating at that, is called a useless toy on an internet community meant to be a support forum for its users... but the only people who are calling it that are the same people who have been calling webOS useless for years and by people who apparently only registered to call it a useless toy.

Just something I noticed.

To the OP: if you have reviewed your TouchPad and found it lacking, go ahead and return it and find something that's more to your liking. Simple as that. Electronics are meant to make your life easier, not more difficult. I'm sure there's something out there you'd like better.

Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Why would anybody want to convince somebody else whether to keep their purchase or not?
    Why would somebody not know if they want something they bought in the first place?
    Internet. Also, webOS.
    I remember the first few weeks of the iPad. It wasn't good for anything, but people thought it was marvelous and the apps would come. There was no use for it and nothing to use it with, and people absolutely loved it. It wasn't too heavy or too thick either.
    hparsons and falconrap like this.
    I shouldn't have derailed. But saying it's perfect for hulu videos is just not true, at least for me as you can see from the picture.

Keep it for the best multitasking experience and a lot of potential in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    not perfect, but useable because it is free. To do it on iOS requires a monthly hulu subscription.
    Very good points both of you.
    IcerC, my experience in the IT world is that no technology is ever perfect. Useable is a worthy goal, and often achieved. I think the TouchPad hit that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebolamonkey3 View Post
    My response would be "yes", but "that big of a difference" is very subjective. Best bet is to give it a try.

That said, I doubt it will every be as smooth (appearing) as your iPad. There are tradeoffs in the IT world. The webOS user interface is nice, but it does come at a cost.

As far as being useable, I think it is without the patches, but the patches definitely speed things up.
    Herk_FE likes this.
    I know what you mean. I feel like I have no use for it.

My phone can do much more and do it quicker. Only benefit here is screen size.
    I have $200+ in apps I bought for my pre and 3 translate over well (flight predictor, Auction Mate Pro, Crosswords) I thought I was invested in the ecosystem but I guess not anymore. Many of the apps I had don't show up at all on the touchpad.

It still freezes and skips taps sometimes even since the update. (like looking through the app catalog)

I love notifications and things like how music controls are always at reach.
    I love the great speakers.
    I love swipe up for drawer.
    I love cards!(but want widgets)

Maybe since using android since Oct of last year has spoiled me in certain ways but I miss the speed, selection and customizability. The touchpad just feels like a toy in form, capability, and function.

50GB free box is a nice perk whether you keep it or not
    I agree, the speakers are really really good..
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast