Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I haven't read the whole thread, but how about mounting an NFS share? I have Hanewin NFS Server on my PC sharing my video directories. I access it with a WDTV player on the same network. Is there any way of accessing NFS shares from my Touchpad?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodry View Post
    Yes, i also noticed some apps no longer working. I went back to FAT and its not that much trouble to use xterm to mount the shares to my nas. I did change the jail files in order for kalem etc to find my share.

Only thing I need now is an app that can play a VLC stream like a (HD) stream from my TV card.
    Yea I ended up doing the same thing... but just wondering what you did when you say you changed the jail files? I'm guessing you just did "mount rw /media/internal/nas" just like the ext3 guide?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I registered to just say thanks to everyone for this!
    I now have network shares from my GoFlex Satellite working with my touchpad.
    So again, thank you to everyone involved.
    Last edited by cookie_42; 09/16/2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Hey all,

First of all, thanks for all the tips, now I can finally mount my nas on my TP.

I tried to go one step further and I created a script which will iterate every directory in '/var/palm/jail' and mount my nas inside each and every application found there.

Here is the script to mount the nas (I called it 'mnt.sh')
    Code:
    #!/bin/ash

server=//<server-ip>/<folder>
    password=<mysecret>
    folder=<the-directory-name-to-be-created-inside-/media/internal>
    user=<username>

if [ ! -e "/media/internal/$folder" ]
    then
        mkdir "/media/internal/$folder"
    fi

cd /var/palm/jail || exit "error 1"

for dir in `find . -maxdepth 3 -mindepth 3 -type d -name "internal"`
    do
        cd $dir
        fullmount=`pwd`/$folder
        if grep -qs "$fullmount" /proc/mounts
        then
            echo "Skipping $fullmount because mount exists"
        else
            echo "Adding mount in $fullmount"
            mount -t cifs $server -o "username=${user},password=${password}" "$fullmount"
        fi
        cd - > /tmp/NULL
    done
    And this script will unmount then (I called this 'umnt.sh')
    Code:
    #!/bin/ash

server=//<server-ip>/<folder>
    password=<mysecret>
    folder=<the-directory-name-to-be-created-inside-/media/internal>
    user=<username>

cd /var/palm/jail || exit "error 1"

for dir in `find . -maxdepth 3 -mindepth 3 -type d -name "internal"`
    do
        cd $dir
        fullmount=`pwd`/$folder
        if grep -qs "$fullmount" /proc/mounts
        then
            echo "Unmounting $fullmount"
            umount "$fullmount"
        fi
        cd - > /tmp/NULL
    done
    Of course you will have to replace the username, password, url and mount point (lines 3 to 7) with the correct values.

I'd advise you put these scripts inside '/bin', that way you can use them from everywhere in xterm.

Warning
    To be able to execute these scripts in xterm they need to be saved with Linux line-endings, and Internalz Pro defaults to Windows line-endings. Luckily you can configure this (Tnx @rwhitby for pointing this out). Just look for 'newline format' in Internalz Pro's settings and change it to 'Linux'.

For the webOS developers out there
    I'd love it if you created a simple app with 2 buttons ('mount' and 'unmount') which would then basically execute the logic from these scripts. Of course also throw in a way to enter the username/password and stuff. I'd really love it if such a program appeared in my preware :-)
    Last edited by jeroend; 09/18/2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: I didn't know Internalz Pro could use Linux line-endings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroend View Post
    Hey
    Windows and Linux both use a different way to store 'enters' inside a file. In order for a script to be executable on the TouchPad it needs the Linux line-endings. However Internalz Pro will save your scripts using Windows line-endings.
    hey too
    would it work via Xterm or SSH to the Touchpad and just vi, copy paste ?

I guess it should, might try once
    cheers and thanks for this script!
    @jeroend: you know you can change Internalz line ending style, right?

In my opinion, it should default to Linux line endings, since it is running on a Linux device.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    @jeroend: you know you can change Internalz line ending style, right?

In my opinion, it should default to Linux line endings, since it is running on a Linux device.

-- Rod
    I did not know, so tnx for the tip. That could have saved me so much trouble if I'd known :-)

Anyway I updated my previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    i reverted everything and kalemplayer still doesnt load.
    when i click on the link under downloads the icon animation happens and that was it.

removed line from "/etc/fstab"
    deleted "/etc/event.d/samba"
    removed line from "/etc/jail_pdk.conf"

ITALKEDCRAPHERESORRYAGAIN!!!

webdoctor i'm coming.
    Maybe you have edited these files with windows-VI. So you have an "^M" char at each end of lines. Linux doesn't understand that and couldn't execute the files on kalemsoft-MM starting.
    You will also get "^M"-chars, if you edit files with "internalz pro"
    Remove these chars with a linux-VI.
    Peter
    I second the app wish. Quite frankly, it would probably be a solid selling app for a couple of bucks. It would be really great if we got to the point where we had a simple collection of apps, or a single one, that allowed us to basically hook-up then fully explore (Windows Explorer like) all of our network shares and be able to easily pass files back and forth. It would make the TouchPad a completely wireless capable device and eliminate the limited USB mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I second the app wish. Quite frankly, it would probably be a solid selling app for a couple of bucks. It would be really great if we got to the point where we had a simple collection of apps, or a single one, that allowed us to basically hook-up then fully explore (Windows Explorer like) all of our network shares and be able to easily pass files back and forth. It would make the TouchPad a completely wireless capable device and eliminate the limited USB mode.
    Such an app does not meet the security requirements of the HP App Catalog (it needs to run stuff as root), so would not be accepted there.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Such an app does not meet the security requirements of the HP App Catalog (it needs to run stuff as root), so would not be accepted there.

-- Rod

Luckily we still have preware
    Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the buffer that is used when reading files from a SMB mount? Ideally I'd be able to increase the buffer inside Kalemsoft, but is there a way to set it within the OS (either on the touchpad or on my sharing host) to buffer the file?
    I get a "Quickoffice has encountered an error with this file" message everytime I try to open a .pdf or .txt or .doc files from the network share .. The only thing I'm able to open are picture files .. If I copy a .pdf file from the network share to the Touchpad, then I'm able to open it .. I've removed and updated Quickoffice and Adobe Reader, but it still gives me that error message .. Is there a way to fix that error?
    Last edited by laoduckie; 09/19/2011 at 09:05 AM.

-- Rod
    Didn't think about that one. Of course, there is that donation thing for a nice homebrew solution. I'd pay a few bucks for it. I'm sure many others would too.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroend View Post
    ...scripts...
    I have these working but is there any way to modify this script to support more than one share? My media is located on separate shares like //server/music, //server/movies, //server/tv, etc etc. I'd like to stay away from the fstab solution and this seems like it would be perfect if the script could just mount/unmount more than one share.

Also, is it possible to combine both mounting and unmounting into one script file with a "-option" (what is the technical term for this?) to choose between the two operations?

Sorry for all the questions >.<
    Can somebody please explain to me why I wouldn't be able to open a text file from a network shared folder on the Touchpad? I have a folder full of texts and .pdf's files shared on the network from a Windows 7 computer and successfully mounted the shared folder on the HP Touchpad. I'm able to see the text files on the network shared folder on Internalz, but I would get a Quickoffice error everytime I try to open it .. I get the same error opening a .pdf file .. The only way for me to view the text file would be to copy the file from the network shared folder to the HP Touchpad.

I mounted a shared folder for videos to /var/palm/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/downloads and was able to play a video file from the network shared folder on the Kalemsoft Media Player .. I thought the same concept would work when I mounted a shared folder for texts files to /var/palm/jail/com.quickoffice.ar/media/internal/sharefolder and /var/palm/jail/com.quickoffice.webos/media/internal/sharefolder , but I'm unable to view the network shared text files from within Adobe Reader or Quickoffice apps .. When I try to open the text files from within Internalz, I get the Quickoffice error.
    Has anyone come up with a solution to view the mounts in the stock apps like photos and music?
    Also, thanks for the guides.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1218 View Post
    Has anyone come up with a solution to view the mounts in the stock apps like photos and music?
    Also, thanks for the guides.
    I am also wondering this. Acrobat can't seem to open any PDFs on my shares. I am mounted in /media/internal/share.

MP3s don't seem to play either. All the apps give a could not open file error message.

Anyone figure this one out?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoduckie View Post
    Can somebody please explain to me why I wouldn't be able to open a text file from a network shared folder on the Touchpad? I have a folder full of texts and .pdf's files shared on the network from a Windows 7 computer and successfully mounted the shared folder on the HP Touchpad. I'm able to see the text files on the network shared folder on Internalz, but I would get a Quickoffice error everytime I try to open it .. I get the same error opening a .pdf file .. The only way for me to view the text file would be to copy the file from the network shared folder to the HP Touchpad.

I mounted a shared folder for videos to /var/palm/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/downloads and was able to play a video file from the network shared folder on the Kalemsoft Media Player .. I thought the same concept would work when I mounted a shared folder for texts files to /var/palm/jail/com.quickoffice.ar/media/internal/sharefolder and /var/palm/jail/com.quickoffice.webos/media/internal/sharefolder , but I'm unable to view the network shared text files from within Adobe Reader or Quickoffice apps .. When I try to open the text files from within Internalz, I get the Quickoffice error.
    I would love to see a solution to this as well.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have a touchpad and my end goal for browsing network files is to:

1. Stream video, audio, pics, documents, PDFs

So far following the instructions in the OP, I'm able to do the following:

1. mount network drive to /media/internal/share
    2. Run TouchPlayer and view Video and Play MP3s
    3. Copy any other file to /media/internal to open it with Quickoffice

What I am unable to do so far that I am still scouring and experimenting to fix:

1. Open Docs/mp3s/PDFs directly from Internalz (which seems to be the only file viewer I've found that can browse the network share mount folders).
    2. Browse the /media/internal/share folder with any of the built in TP apps

Hopefully this feedback helps someone. I am thus far happy with what I can do so far. Very cool!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast