Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    Did you actually mount the share in /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/internal/<dir> , or did you modify jail_pdk.conf? Both will allow Kalemsoft to see your share, but the latter definitely wreaks havoc in unusual ways, one of which is the failure to mount the TP via USB.
    Hi thanks for the reply.
    I mounted the with the following :-

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.5/media /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/My_Media/Nas -o username=user, password=password

the fstab has the following line:-

//192.168.0.5/media /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoftksmplayer/media/internal/My_Media/Nas cifs auto,username=user,password=password,rw 0 0

As i said it all works fine, except the USB connection issue.

Is there a command line app that i can unmount from within the TP? that would be an easy workaround.
    I am sure i could fire up WOSQI and do unmount from there, but to be honest it is easier and quicker just to do a 'restart' from 'Internalz'

should add i am using UberKernel -36 at 1.5ghz
    thanks for your help.
    Last edited by cloudwarrior; 09/09/2011 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vrrr View Post
    yes you have to dismount before using usb mode
    see http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ifs-drive.html

It's not too bad though: plug in touchpad, novoterm, umount /media/internal/nas, exit, touch to enter usb mode.

Also if you use the ext3 filesystem, you wont be able to use WebOS Doctor - it complains that it can't reboot the TP. you have to format internal as vfat and then modify the fstab entry to mount the vfat partition before WEBOS Doctor will work.
    Cheers,
    I have been looking at a way to Unmount from within webOS, I thought i had read about an app called eXecute (??) that did this, but all attempts to locate it failed, probably imagined it!

I will have a look at novoterm and see how i get on.
    Last edited by cloudwarrior; 09/09/2011 at 03:07 AM.
    Oddly enough, it works now. I have rebooted a few times since then. Have you tried rebooting?
    Events are now appearing in initctl list. Not sure what fixed it, must have been the reboots. Still can not get dnsmasq event (or any event as far as I can see) to fire on toggling airoplane mode and the script does not run. Took suggestion about the xserver event from MincerRay and that has worked.

I prefer to have control over mount as I do not have my NAS running all day and will only want to mount the shares when I want. This allows me that control without having to go to the command prompt. Cheers everyone for help!!!
    I found saving the /etc/hosts file a bit of a pain using Internalz Pro due to the size of the file, the file was ~500KB due to the Ad Blocker patch.

Using the following command helped:

echo "hostIP hostName" >> /etc/hosts

e.g echo "192.168.1.101 MyNAS" >> /etc/hosts

I know this is pretty basic in comparison to all the other advice but thought it might be handy for those not Linux savvy.

P.S Thanks for all the work contributed to this, the guides work well as a temporary solution for me. Can't wait for a app to be developed to assist with network share mounting.
    Hi.
    I had it working fine in the beta of ksmplayer, shares mounted using mount.cifs or mount -t cifs.

I've since removed, bought and installed the full version. Shares mount fine, and within the cli I can see the contents with no problem.

Only thing is that no content is showing in the ksmplayer app. Not even directories.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Furiously; 09/09/2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: more specific
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudwarrior View Post
    Cheers,
    I have been looking at a way to Unmount from within webOS, I thought i had read about an app called eXecute (??) that did this, but all attempts to locate it failed, probably imagined it!

I will have a look at novoterm and see how i get on.
    To get command line access, install xecutah and xterm. You don't need the developer beta as stated in the xecutah notes. Launch xecutah first. Run the xserver. Go back to xecutah and run xterm.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiously View Post
    Hi.
    I had it working fine in the beta of ksmplayer, shares mounted using mount.cifs or mount -t cifs.

I've since removed, bought and installed the full version. Shares mount fine, and within the cli I can see the contents with no problem.

Only thing is that no content is showing in the ksmplayer app. Not even directories.

Any ideas?
    I think the beta version used com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera while the 0.3.4 version used com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer. I could be wrong but double check you are using the right directory.
    To get command line access, install xecutah and xterm. You don't need the developer beta as stated in the xecutah notes. Launch xecutah first. Run the xserver. Go back to xecutah and run xterm.
    You don't need any developer beta at all. Xecutah works with the production release 3.0.2 TouchPad firmware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You don't need any developer beta at all. Xecutah works with the production release 3.0.2 TouchPad firmware.

-- Rod
    The description still says you need the beta firmware.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The description still says you need the beta firmware.
    Update feeds and check again

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Update feeds and check again

-- Rod
    Sneaky sneaky Rod. Good thing I have a screen shot from after I updated the feeds about 30 minutes ago to prove I am not crazy Anyway, thanks for updating it. I had not installed it because didn't think it would work on the production firmware. Glad to finally have the terminal app on-device.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by tprocks View Post
    Events are now appearing in initctl list. Not sure what fixed it, must have been the reboots. Still can not get dnsmasq event (or any event as far as I can see) to fire on toggling airoplane mode and the script does not run. Took suggestion about the xserver event from MincerRay and that has worked.

I prefer to have control over mount as I do not have my NAS running all day and will only want to mount the shares when I want. This allows me that control without having to go to the command prompt. Cheers everyone for help!!!
    Here the command to see what is going on when switching airplane mode is initctl jobs. Not initctl list.

btw, after making new files in /etc/event.d a reboot could be needed because initctl reload does not exist...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    with 3.0.2 stock kernel i get the message that cfis is not supported when i try to mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    with 3.0.2 stock kernel i get the message that cfis is not supported when i try to mount.
    That is correct. The stock kernel does not support CIFS.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    yeahh but then the bold text must be deleted
    Prerequisites:

- HP Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2 or later.
    - One of the following Kernels:
    ---- Stock kernel
    btw. here is my how to for dummies:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3143686
    Here is a couple of things we may be able to utilize to tackle the USB mount issue:
    Below command can be used to toggle USB Mass Storage Mode:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.storage/diskmode/enterMSM '{"user-confirmed":true,"enterIMasq":false}'

(1) provide a system-service to umount NAS, check /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.storage.service for more information. /var/palm/system-services is also very interesting, so is xecutah.

(2) patch /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/StoragedAlerts/StoragedAlerts.jsjsjs $or$ $something$ $related$ $to$ $add$ $a$ $button$ $to$ $allow$ $us$ $to$ $umount$ $it$ $before$ $entering$ $MSM$ $mode$.
    Last edited by teng_lin; 09/09/2011 at 11:54 PM.
    ehlab likes this.
    I have done some experimenting with the file sharing and it seems when i use the ext3 method Xterm will no longer launch. When turning back to vfat, it works again. Is it me doing something terribly wrong or did I find a bug? BTW I did make sure that I did full wipe before setting all up.

error message:
    Service Error (execute):
    Unable to run command: /sbin/initctl start org.webosinternals.xterm 2>&1
    after that message about xterm terminated and some start stop messages.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodry View Post
    I have done some experimenting with the file sharing and it seems when i use the ext3 method Xterm will no longer launch. When turning back to vfat, it works again. Is it me doing something terribly wrong or did I find a bug? BTW I did make sure that I did full wipe before setting all up.

error message:
    Service Error (execute):
    Unable to run command: /sbin/initctl start org.webosinternals.xterm 2>&1
    after that message about xterm terminated and some start stop messages.
    I'm having the same issue... I'm also having other issues with file permissions now as everything in /media/internal is root and I believe certain applications can't launch or write to certain folders. As an example I can't get preader-native to install/run anymore as it needs to create folders/files but can't. I'm still trying to figure out a way around this.
    OK, I've been following this thread for a while, and I am asking myself:
    There's been a obvious interest in mounting a shared dir to TP. Is it that hard for someone software savvy person(developer) to write a simple app that will make lives of us, noobs, so much easier? Is it really that hard?
    Or at least what i'd love to have is like a windows *.bat file (sorry no idea how this is called on linux) , where I can specify the dirs I want to mount. And instead of typing every time into terminal the mount.cif command, I'll just execute this *.bat file on my TP.
    I say every time, because I need to do it every time I restart TP, and I tend to do that quite often lately.
    I know someone mentioned some sort of such file, but again I am a Linux noob and not an IT guy, and didn't get any of his directions.
    If someone can show me how to do that or compile a simple app to start the share (like a button) I'll greatly appreciate and I am sure lots of others will too.

That's my 5c xD Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by larizzo View Post
    I'm having the same issue... I'm also having other issues with file permissions now as everything in /media/internal is root and I believe certain applications can't launch or write to certain folders. As an example I can't get preader-native to install/run anymore as it needs to create folders/files but can't. I'm still trying to figure out a way around this.
    Yes, i also noticed some apps no longer working. I went back to FAT and its not that much trouble to use xterm to mount the shares to my nas. I did change the jail files in order for kalem etc to find my share.

Only thing I need now is an app that can play a VLC stream like a (HD) stream from my TV card.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast