Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    So, I've been trying to get my share to automount upon the dnsmasq event. The problem is I don't seem to get that event when I put the TP in airplane mode! I am running initctl events in an xterm window while toggling airplane mode and I see no events. My automount event that keys off dnsmasq does execute either. I wonder why my TP has different behavior? I am running 3.0.2.
    Having exactly the same issue. Has anyone found why?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Sorry guys, update of original post postponed. i just screwed my TP with that faulty latest muffle log patch. Charging first, then doctoring. That has first prio now.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tprocks View Post
    Having exactly the same issue. Has anyone found why?
    Oddly enough, it works now. I have rebooted a few times since then. Have you tried rebooting?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Partly updated the thread. No time to do it fully.

Wouldn't it be great if someone build a mount help wizard, that took all the diting and configuring out of your hands (including all the jail and automount stuff).

Anyone willing to do that?
    So, what is the best way to get these shares to auto mount?

I tried the following but that doesn't appear to be working:

CIFS mount seems to work fine for wired network but not wireless. There is one quick hack to work around this. Create a file named /etc/event.d/samba add below lines:

########################

description “Samba Client”

start on started LunaReady

# This is for SW update

stop on started start_update

exec mount -a

########################
    Quote Originally Posted by jikhanjung View Post
    You'll have to add one line to /etc/fstab file. For example:

//192.168.1.2/share /media/internal/share cifs user=userid,pass=passwd,rw 0 0
    Ok im an *****(new to webos), how do i edit files on the touchpad? I tried internalz but it wouldnt let me edit the file
    thanks for the help!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I think Internalz sees the root filesystem as read only. I installed SSH, and log in as root. I edit files using the built in editor, vi, which isn't very intuitive, but I've been a unix user for a long time. Maybe someone else has an easier method?

You can also get terminal access using the webOS quick installer over USB.
    Quote Originally Posted by boognish43 View Post
    Ok im an *****(new to webos), how do i edit files on the touchpad? I tried internalz but it wouldnt let me edit the file
    thanks for the help!
    Check Internalz's settings
    Hello
    I have got my NAS mounted as per the instructions in this thread and managed to get the share within the Kalem jail. It all works perfectly, I can stream music and videos

but i get a strange related error.

When I connect via USB to transfer files across it fails to initialise, if i reboot the TP ( and therefore the share is not mounted) the USB connection works fine. I have tried this a few times and each time the error is replicated.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did you find a solution?
    Or can any one suggest a solution?

I am at work at the moment, so i cannot quote the syntax used in the fstab and mount command, but it is pretty standard to what was shown in the thread.

thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Did you actually mount the share in /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/internal/<dir> , or did you modify jail_pdk.conf? Both will allow Kalemsoft to see your share, but the latter definitely wreaks havoc in unusual ways, one of which is the failure to mount the TP via USB.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    do i really have to format to ext3 to use share in kalemsoft
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    do i really have to format to ext3 to use share in kalemsoft
    Nope. What gave you that idea?

All you have to do is mount your share in Kalemsoft's jailed directory as I've shown in my previous post. You can only do this after Kalemsoft has been fired up as this directory doesn't exist before then.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Road to Success - How to allow NAS to show up under /media/internal on Touchpad Apps?

this says it !

otherwise

//192.168.1.1/media/ worked once

after tp reboot

//192.168.1.1/media/

says: mount error 6 = no such device or adress.

hey my windows notebook can perfectly connect to \\192.168.1.1\media
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    Did you actually mount the share in /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/internal/<dir> , or did you modify jail_pdk.conf? Both will allow Kalemsoft to see your share, but the latter definitely wreaks havoc in unusual ways, one of which is the failure to mount the TP via USB.
    One way to solve this is to umount NAS when it is switched to USB mode. There should be ways to do it, probably use udev or something like that. Will post something if I can figure out a way to do that. Eventually, I think we should develop a wizard in preware to do that.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    from the manual:

Example: mount.cifs //10.0.1.26/DataVolume/
    whats wrong here/ ?

without slash it works and in my 1st try i forgot the slash
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudwarrior View Post
    Hello
    I have got my NAS mounted as per the instructions in this thread and managed to get the share within the Kalem jail. It all works perfectly, I can stream music and videos

but i get a strange related error.

When I connect via USB to transfer files across it fails to initialise, if i reboot the TP ( and therefore the share is not mounted) the USB connection works fine. I have tried this a few times and each time the error is replicated.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did you find a solution?
    Or can any one suggest a solution?
    yes you have to dismount before using usb mode
    see http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ifs-drive.html

It's not too bad though: plug in touchpad, novoterm, umount /media/internal/nas, exit, touch to enter usb mode.

Also if you use the ext3 filesystem, you wont be able to use WebOS Doctor - it complains that it can't reboot the TP. you have to format internal as vfat and then modify the fstab entry to mount the vfat partition before WEBOS Doctor will work.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    uberkernel installed on touchpad

Road to Success - Mounting SAMBA/CIFS Permanently on Touchpad
    doesnt work. folder media/internal/nas is empty after rebooting the device.

must do "mount.cifs //192.168.1.1/media /media/internal/nas -o username=CENSORED,password=CENSORED" again to see files in "/media/internal/nas"

mount rw /media/internal/nas
    into /etc/jail_pdk.conf underneath the existing mount rw /media/internal line
    kmsplayer doesnt start anymore after i did this.

Last edited by thomaz; 09/08/2011 at 09:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    i reverted everything and kalemplayer still doesnt load.
    when i click on the link under downloads the icon animation happens and that was it.

removed line from "/etc/fstab"
    deleted "/etc/event.d/samba"
    removed line from "/etc/jail_pdk.conf"

ITALKEDCRAPHERESORRYAGAIN!!!

webdoctor i'm coming.
    Last edited by thomaz; 09/08/2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    As I have stated before, this stuff isn't for the faint of heart. It's still a work in progress. I found that editing the jail_pdk.conf made things unstable, so would not recommend that approach. I had a number of apps fail to load, regardless if I had my share mounted. The only way I've been able to get this to work is to mount my share in the Kalemsoft jailed directory. I've also made my own events to automount my share upon either a network change (airplane or turn off/on wifi), or upon firing up the Xserver.

Again, page 4 has the info. Hopefully someone smarter than I can come up with a homebrew app to automate this.

EDIT: OK - this isn't a manual. It's a thread of discovery. It isn't to give you a solution on a silver platter. No one is getting paid to do this. I would not recommend anyone screw around with the system files unless they have had unix/linux experience. Know that you may have to Doctor your system at any time. Maybe someday someone smarter than me will come up with a homebrew app to automate this. Until then, hack at your own risk.
    Last edited by MincerRay; 09/08/2011 at 07:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    sorry when i was crazy again.

i ran webosdoc again and then:

systemupdate to latest version
    developer mode
    install preware
    add testing feeds to preware
    install internalz pro (enable master mode and hidden files)
    install xecutah
    install uberkernel
    install kalem media player 0.3.7

that is what ive done now on my webosdoctored and new hp accounted touchpad.

so what must i do step by step to get kalem with shares and automount working ?