Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jikhanjung View Post
    I have the same problem as in 1. iocharset=utf8 does not work for me. After some googling, my guess is that's related with the kernel. I'm using UberKernel and the tutorial is referring to Eagle F15C. UberKernel does not have utf8 support builtin or something? Which kernel are you using?
    I've added UTF8 support to UberKernel -52 in the testing feed.

Please test and let me know if it works.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/06/2011 at 12:55 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    with Kalem 0.3.7 beta, it should be .../com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/...

"ksmplayera" instead of "ksmplayer". That should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've added UTF8 support to UberKernel -52 in the testing feed.

Please test and let me know if it works.

-- Rod
    It works! Thanks so much for such a quick update!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jikhanjung View Post
    It works! Thanks so much for such a quick update!!
    OK, I'll push it to the public feed later today.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ehlab likes this.
    Are these instructions only compatible with F15C or will it work with F4 kernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam4u View Post
    I was able to successfully mount. After enabling show hidden files in internalz pro i can see my shared folder. Also i was able to play videos in touchplayer.
    However I am still not able to make kamelsost see my shared dir.
    I'll follow the progress of this tread

As others instructed, here is what I've done:

1. Add testing feed in your preware

<< link deleted by mod>>

2. Install kernel - i installed Uberkernel 3.0.2 36 (others are also there - your choice - read notes )
    3. Optional: you can use Govnah to OC your TP, by default Uberkernel does not OC, some other kernels might
    4. connect TP to PC , but not in USB mode, just plug the USB cable, and ignore the messae or hit cancel
    5. Run WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI) - it should find your TP
    5.1 if not - you haven't enabled your dev mode yet??? on TP search box type webos20090606 and enable it, restart WOSQI
    6. in WOSQI open tools>Linux Commandline - on my Win7x64 pops up black teminal window with
    root@SamHPTouchpad:/# _
    7. type

mount.cifs //192.168.2.11/Downloads /media/internal/downloads -o username=Sam,password=<mypass>

and press Enter, let it work - took few sec on mine(its 300GB dir on my PC)

8. to verify success - open Internalz pro (installed beforehand form preware), open downloads and YES my shared files were there (may be I should mention that I created downloads dir in Internalz on my TP, before I started the whole process; also I enabled see hidden files in Internalz preferences.)

9.Optional: In touch player you also can access the shared dir and play video files

I know All these things are being said so far in this thread, but I just wanted to summarize them in step by step. I took me ages to fint the testing kernel feed, so hopefully these steps will help someone save some time reading other threads.

Also I want to say big THANK YOU to the original poster and all who contributed to this thread and made TP much more useful device- you guys are AWESOME!!!
    I followed these steps and got it to work! thanks for putting it into an easy to follow list!

1 problem - when i restart the TP I cant see the share anymore.. do I need to do this everytime i restart?
    Note that the testing feed is no longer required for the subject of this thread. Could the OP please correct the first post?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    its so funny to see how people try to add a 20 years old function to a 2011 computer
    Quote Originally Posted by boognish43 View Post
    I followed these steps and got it to work! thanks for putting it into an easy to follow list!

1 problem - when i restart the TP I cant see the share anymore.. do I need to do this everytime i restart?
    You'll have to add one line to /etc/fstab file. For example:

//192.168.1.2/share /media/internal/share cifs user=userid,pass=passwd,rw 0 0
    Working with Kalem, at least before the program expired. However, has anyone had any luck on getting the stock applications, such as the music player, to see the files in the mounted directory?
    Is there anyway to use hostnames and not IP address to do this? Does the TP have a way to statically input hostnames like Windows does with the hosts file?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by golemanbb22 View Post
    Is there anyway to use hostnames and not IP address to do this? Does the TP have a way to statically input hostnames like Windows does with the hosts file?
    Like any unix/Linux system, you can put your own entries in the /etc/hosts file. You can edit this file using Internalz Pro.
    In regards to the shares not automatically mounting on reboot. Is there not a way to write a simple script in /etc/init.d that will mount any additional drives that are needed? There is already a mountall.sh script in there, so perhaps there is an issue with that script that stops it from mounting the additional shares?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    so where is an always updated step by step manual for a fresh unboxed touchpad for people who never used linux, etc ?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Yeah, sorry guys, didn't have the time to update first post. I hope to do this tonight!

Just before I go searching through the thread:

Are there stable solutions for by now, or still experimenting:
    - Seeing the shares in apps like KSMmediaplayer & Gemini File Manager
    - Automounting during (re)boot
    - What kernels do support this now (stock supports mount.cifs command, F15C, Uberkernel support mount method, others?)
    Last edited by spud101; 09/07/2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    In regards to the shares not automatically mounting on reboot. Is there not a way to write a simple script in /etc/init.d that will mount any additional drives that are needed? There is already a mountall.sh script in there, so perhaps there is an issue with that script that stops it from mounting the additional shares?
    Any entry in /etc/fstab will try to be mounted upon boot. No need to do anything else. As long as the server is accessible at this time, the share will be mounted.

The problem some of us face is that you need to mount your share into the jailed directory of the app you want to be able to see it, eg Kalemsoft. This directory doesn't exist until you run the app, so attempting to mount it upon boot will fail. The suggestion on page 4 of using the dnsmasq event to trigger your own event to mount the directory is a good one. I also notice that firing up the Xserver (via Xecutah) also trigger a webos.internals.org event. I made another event to key off this one. This way I don't have to put the TP in airplane mode and disconnect from the network if I want. Kludgy, I know.

It would be nice to figure out some other way. Adding 'mount rw /media/internal/share' to the /etc/jail_pdk.conf file is close, but causes other havoc.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ok fresh touchpad in devmode and preware installed.
    xserver and xterm installed and running

so what must i do to use my win shares in kalemsoft media player ?

can anybody post a step by step manual ?

anybody said here that it also works with stock kernel ?
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    so where is an always updated step by step manual for a fresh unboxed touchpad for people who never used linux, etc ?
    +1 for this guide.

If well written it could very well become a sticky. Very useful and I guess many people are looking for it. Maybe the OP can do this. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    ok fresh touchpad in devmode and preware installed.
    xserver and xterm installed and running

so what must i do to use my win shares in kalemsoft media player ?

can anybody post a step by step manual ?

anybody said here that it also works with stock kernel ?
    It's not for the faint of heart, but re-read page 4 of this thread. All the info is in there.

This post is the key:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3128665

Oh, and I found Xterm useless without a bluetooth keyboard. Even with that, SSH'ing into the TP is easier to use to mess around with things. For instance, I couldn't get the escape key to work in vi with my apple BT keyboard, so editing files has to be done some other way. If I SSH into the TP, vi works fine.
    Were the NFS and CIFS filesystems left out of UberKernel 3.0.2-52? I'm not seeing them in /proc/filesystems. I was able to build NFS as a module, but the CIFS module keeps complaining that uberkernel is missing the 'slow_work_register_user' and 'slow_work_enqueue' symbols.

Is UberKernel built from palm's linuxkernel-2.6.35.tgz and patch with different options?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast