Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchmagnet View Post
    I have webos-testing-all as a feed already, but Xecutah does not show up?
    You obviously have not actually read testing.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Awesome. I got this working on a share from my Windows 7 x64 box. Played a couple videos over the wifi in touchplayer. The lower quality files play fine 480p.. 720p is close to being acceptable.

This will be most useful for copying photos/music/video directly to the touchpad!

Hopefully, maybe, we get a hardware accelerated video player eventually?

Thanks OP, webOS Internals, the touchplayer author, and this awesome community for making webos what it is !
    Ok, I got Xecutah installed, it just wasn't showing up when I would search for it, I had to browse and find it manually.

So I enter the command:

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.111/share /mnt/share -o username=user,password=1

then I get this error:

mount: mounting //192.168.1.111/share on /mnt/share/ failed: No such device

Is there something wrong with my syntax? The share is accessible from other windows PCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchmagnet View Post
    Ok, I got Xecutah installed, it just wasn't showing up when I would search for it, I had to browse and find it manually.

So I enter the command:

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.111/share /mnt/share -o username=user,password=1

then I get this error:

mount: mounting //192.168.1.111/share on /mnt/share/ failed: No such device

Is there something wrong with my syntax? The share is accessible from other windows PCs.
    I don't think anything is wrong with your syntax, your share probably isn't "wide open" enough permission wise. I gave "everyone" full control and just turned off password protection on the share folder.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I was able to get Kalemsoft to see my share as outlined on the previous pages. Most of the movies play without issue from the share. A few larger files (2GB+?), and all my HD movies, causes Kalemsoft to crash. I've tried two different storage devices - one NetApp filer, and one Seagate Satellite GoFlex hacked with Samba. Anyone else see this?
    I was able to successfully mount. After enabling show hidden files in internalz pro i can see my shared folder. Also i was able to play videos in touchplayer.
    However I am still not able to make kamelsost see my shared dir.
    I'll follow the progress of this tread

As others instructed, here is what I've done:

1. Add testing feed in your preware

<< link deleted by mod>>

2. Install kernel - i installed Uberkernel 3.0.2 36 (others are also there - your choice - read notes )
    3. Optional: you can use Govnah to OC your TP, by default Uberkernel does not OC, some other kernels might
    4. connect TP to PC , but not in USB mode, just plug the USB cable, and ignore the messae or hit cancel
    5. Run WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI) - it should find your TP
    5.1 if not - you haven't enabled your dev mode yet??? on TP search box type webos20090606 and enable it, restart WOSQI
    6. in WOSQI open tools>Linux Commandline - on my Win7x64 pops up black teminal window with
    root@SamHPTouchpad:/# _
    7. type

mount.cifs //192.168.2.11/Downloads /media/internal/downloads -o username=Sam,password=<mypass>

and press Enter, let it work - took few sec on mine(its 300GB dir on my PC)

8. to verify success - open Internalz pro (installed beforehand form preware), open downloads and YES my shared files were there (may be I should mention that I created downloads dir in Internalz on my TP, before I started the whole process; also I enabled see hidden files in Internalz preferences.)

9.Optional: In touch player you also can access the shared dir and play video files

I know All these things are being said so far in this thread, but I just wanted to summarize them in step by step. I took me ages to fint the testing kernel feed, so hopefully these steps will help someone save some time reading other threads.

Also I want to say big THANK YOU to the original poster and all who contributed to this thread and made TP much more useful device- you guys are AWESOME!!!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/04/2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    I was able to get Kalemsoft to see my share as outlined on the previous pages. Most of the movies play without issue from the share. A few larger files (2GB+?), and all my HD movies, causes Kalemsoft to crash. I've tried two different storage devices - one NetApp filer, and one Seagate Satellite GoFlex hacked with Samba. Anyone else see this?
    Nevermind. I was low on resources. A reboot fixed it.

For the previous entry, you can't mount your share to /media/internal and have Kalemsoft be able to see it. It works out of it's own jailed environment. You have to mount it to this jailed directory. Re-read page 4 of this thread.

Thanks to all you smart mofo's out there for figuring this stuff out! I've got my touchpad playing an 8GB HD Lord of the Rings movie from my wireless Seagate drive using Kalemsoft. Way cool!

For the previous entry, you can't mount your share to /media/internal and have Kalemsoft be able to see it. It works out of it's own jailed environment. You have to mount it to this jailed directory. Re-read page 4 of this thread.
    I did read it, but I am real noob to Linux and all this stuff... :S

I had it already mounted in media/internals, and now if I try to execute

mount.cifs //192.168.2.11/Downloads /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/share -o username=Sam,password=pass

I got an error:

mount error:can not change directory into mount target /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/share

I've created folder called share in /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/

i guess this has something to do with the fact that I already mounted once, and since I am not familiar with linux have no idea how to unmount and remount this. Probably its something simple, but I won't mess with something that I don't understand
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    You can unmount your previous mounted share by typing:

umount /media/internal/downloads

make sure the share directory you created as a mount point is created in /media/internal and not in the jail cell.

for eg. mkdir /media/internal/share

It will show up in Kalemsoft's jailed area.

I've had past experience with Linux, but I'm always amazed at the level of cleverness people have come up with over the years, especially as it relates to filesystems on embedded devices.
    Sam4u likes this.
    Hmmm... didn't exactly happened what I expected...
    It unmounted successfully with:

umount /media/internal/downloads

Problem is, I am still getting the:

mount error:can not change directory into mount target... when i try mounting

any1 else encountered that?

also can you some who did it, share his whole string.. like:

mount.cifs //192.168.2.11/Downloads /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/downloads -o username=Sam,password=pass

wondering what is wrong with my syntax...

TY

PS
    Forgot to mention - i am still able to mount the old way:
    mount.cifs //192.168.2.11/Downloads /media/internal/downloads -o username=Sam,password=pass
    works just fine - i can unmount and re mount as much as I wish, so it seems it doesn't allow me to mount this part /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer....
    is there any special permissions i need to set somewhere?
    Last edited by Sam4u; 09/04/2011 at 11:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    You do have Kalemsoft running, right? This directory only exists when Kalemsoft is running.
    You do have Kalemsoft running, right? This directory only exists when Kalemsoft is running.
    yes, i do, i can see the dir in the Internalz Pro

PS. Ok, all my bad, so sorry, i backtracked it a little and I had little spieling mistake:
    the dir on my TP is not
    com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer as per previous post on page 4 of this forum

my kalemsoft created dir:

com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera

there was this 'a' that was giving me problems.

Thank you so much for your input though. At least i know how to unmount now
    Last edited by Sam4u; 09/05/2011 at 12:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teng_lin View Post
    I think I find a way to mount SAMBA/CIFS permanently ( Road to Success - Mounting SAMBA/CIFS Permanently on Touchpad ) and allow it to show up under /media/internal for webos apps ( Road to Success - How to allow NAS to show up under /media/internal on Touchpad Apps? ).
    These instructions are AWESOME! I followed these instructions and everything works except for 2 things:

1. In the fstab entry, iocharset=utf8 doesnt work for me. I get an error when trying to mount using this option. It does mount if i take it out though.

2. The inbuilt native photo/video and music apps STILL dont see the shared files though!!! This is the last problem to be solved. I dont want to use kalemsoft b/c its not using the gpu.
    Are there any fixes for this? (MOST IMPORTANT)

Ive modified the various jail entries to mount my share as per the instructions and setup an ext3 partition teng_lin can i donate $10 to you to show my appreciation (if you are the original author for your notes)? I dont see instructions for the ext3 part and jail files part anywhere on the web so i presume you are the original author?
    OK, how do I create a mount point? I can create a folder using Internalz Pro just fine, but not sure how to create an actual mount point...!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    So, I've been trying to get my share to automount upon the dnsmasq event. The problem is I don't seem to get that event when I put the TP in airplane mode! I am running initctl events in an xterm window while toggling airplane mode and I see no events. My automount event that keys off dnsmasq does execute either. I wonder why my TP has different behavior? I am running 3.0.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Awesome. I got this working on a share from my Windows 7 x64 box. Played a couple videos over the wifi in touchplayer. The lower quality files play fine 480p.. 720p is close to being acceptable.

This will be most useful for copying photos/music/video directly to the touchpad!

Hopefully, maybe, we get a hardware accelerated video player eventually?

Thanks OP, webOS Internals, the touchplayer author, and this awesome community for making webos what it is !
    I was able to mount my share which is hosted by Seagate pogo plug, and I see the files in touchplayer and inernalz file manager, but touchplayer won't play anything.

Is there any trick to get the touchplayer going?
    Quote Originally Posted by landwomble View Post
    OK, how do I create a mount point? I can create a folder using Internalz Pro just fine, but not sure how to create an actual mount point...!
    YOu have to create a directory where you want your mount point to be, and then give full permission like chmod 777 using xterminal by starting xserver.

After that, mount using any of those techniques from previous pages. I can't get to mount by modifying fstab, but I can get mount to work using command line.
    Just looking to confirm whether or not the Warthog kernel has CIFS or not? Have just tried my setup with Warthog and did not get my CIFS share on startup - whereas with Uber and F15 it's fine. Before expending any effort on it I wanted to confirm that Warthog does actually have CIFS. I'm sure I saw a tweet saying it did - but maybe I was mistaken.
    HI Folks!

Thanx for the tip with mounting in /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/xxx

But could it be that this "trick" wont work with Kalem 0.3.7 beta?
    Cant see the Folders again anymore...........
    Quote Originally Posted by vrrr View Post
    These instructions are AWESOME! I followed these instructions and everything works except for 2 things:

1. In the fstab entry, iocharset=utf8 doesnt work for me. I get an error when trying to mount using this option. It does mount if i take it out though.

2. The inbuilt native photo/video and music apps STILL dont see the shared files though!!! This is the last problem to be solved. I dont want to use kalemsoft b/c its not using the gpu.
    Are there any fixes for this? (MOST IMPORTANT)

Ive modified the various jail entries to mount my share as per the instructions and setup an ext3 partition teng_lin can i donate $10 to you to show my appreciation (if you are the original author for your notes)? I dont see instructions for the ext3 part and jail files part anywhere on the web so i presume you are the original author?
    I have the same problem as in 1. iocharset=utf8 does not work for me. After some googling, my guess is that's related with the kernel. I'm using UberKernel and the tutorial is referring to Eagle F15C. UberKernel does not have utf8 support builtin or something? Which kernel are you using?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast