Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Its confirmed that cifs is in stock kernels for TP and Pre3. See TP at Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm and Pre 3 at Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm
    Did you try mount.cifs rather than mount -t cifs?
    If this is true, then OP need to update his original post with the part that stock doesn't support CIFS.

OP also need to mention the need to mkdir before mount or mount.cifs (stock)

For Stock Kernel, following is the easiest procedure to access nas/network shares
    To invoke a terminal, in WebOS Quick Install v4.2.3, go to Tools -> Terminal

Type:

mkdir /mnt/nas
    mount.cifs //192.168.x.x/pub /mnt/nas
    ln -s /mnt/nas /media/internal/nas

I am at work now, so I can't test the above, especially the ln part...
    billyboob likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by teng_lin View Post
    I think I find a way to mount SAMBA/CIFS permanently ( Road to Success - Mounting SAMBA/CIFS Permanently on Touchpad ) and allow it to show up under /media/internal for webos apps ( Road to Success - How to allow NAS to show up under /media/internal on Touchpad Apps? ).
    Thx for this!

Do you think stock kernel or UberKernel will work with your method?

With utf8, are you able to see unicode chars under internals and other apps?

Could you explain what is LunaReady?
    [QUOTE=guano30;3127085]Well hey cool somebody thought also about this mess with the TP.

Is there no other way to "manipulate" Kalem to show hidden Folders / Files?
    Internalz is able to do this...........why Kalem isnt?

If we were able to let Kalem search in for example /mnt/mp3 we will win........
    Is it more difficult as your way ? @teng_lin

The problem is that Kalem is running under chroot. Your NAS has to be mounted by the jailer one way or another. Unless, one just turn off the jailer for Kalem, which is probably doable. I am not sure about the consequence. I guess I can shed some lights and wait for some brave souls to try that.
    Another possibility is to turn off jail for Kalem. Create a file named
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/jail_app.conf, and add below line to it:
    set nojail = true

And then just mount Samba to /medina/internal/nas. I do not try it yet, not sure if it will work or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf3000 View Post
    Thx for this!

Do you think stock kernel or UberKernel will work with your method?

With utf8, are you able to see unicode chars under internals and other apps?

Could you explain what is LunaReady?
    Unfortunately, even with utf8, internals still can not show unicode chars. Kalem Media Player can display the item but the encoding is still screwed up.
    You can consider LunaReady is some kind of event. I pick it because I believe at that time the wireless is already up. It seems to work for me.

Since I only use Eagle F15C, I can not tell you if they are working on now. As long as you can mount Samba/CIFS, you should be fine. Based on the discussion, I think UberKernel should be fine. Not sure about the vanilla one.
    before I mess with this, what happens if the remote share is inaccessible on boot? Does it hang the touchpad? Am I best aiming for mount on boot, or is it possible to launch a shortcut or similar when you want it mapping?
    ramit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by landwomble View Post
    before I mess with this, what happens if the remote share is inaccessible on boot? Does it hang the touchpad? Am I best aiming for mount on boot, or is it possible to launch a shortcut or similar when you want it mapping?
    It should be fine. If it is not accessible, it will be ignored.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/jail_app.conf, and add below line to it:
    set nojail = true

And then just mount Samba to /medina/internal/nas. I do not try it yet, not sure if it will work or not.
    This doesn't seem to work.
    [QUOTE=teng_lin;3127689]
    Quote Originally Posted by guano30 View Post
    Well hey cool somebody thought also about this mess with the TP.

Is there no other way to "manipulate" Kalem to show hidden Folders / Files?
    Internalz is able to do this...........why Kalem isnt?

If we were able to let Kalem search in for example /mnt/mp3 we will win........
    Is it more difficult as your way ? @teng_lin

The problem is that Kalem is running under chroot. Your NAS has to be mounted by the jailer one way or another. Unless, one just turn off the jailer for Kalem, which is probably doable. I am not sure about the consequence. I guess I can shed some lights and wait for some brave souls to try that.
    set nojail = true

jail_app.conf needs to be cryptographically signed by HP to have any effect.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    [QUOTE=rwhitby;3128411]

jail_app.conf needs to be cryptographically signed by HP to have any effect.

-- Rod
    Rod, do you have any other ideas to solve this issue?
    I was able to get it working by duplicating the fstab line for my samba share to mount inside the jail for KSMPlayer:

//host/share /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/share cifs auto,username=user,password=pass,ro
    Quote Originally Posted by srichter View Post
    I was able to get it working by duplicating the fstab line for my samba share to mount inside the jail for KSMPlayer:

//host/share /var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/share cifs auto,username=user,password=pass,ro
    Interesting! Doesn't the app have to have been opened in order for the app's jail directory to be created, though? This worked here but only after opening KSMPlayer.
    yes, mounting to jail did the trick. Nice work.

Is there a trick to automount the directories when ksmplayer is loaded? Like the automount at boot (Road to Success - Mounting SAMBA/CIFS Permanently on Touchpad
    Shouldn't it possible to make a mount -a when switching off airplane mode?
    So you have to start the player, cycle airplanemode and you are ready to go?
    Played a little with this initctl stuff and found that dnsmasq is getting stopped/started when switching airplanemode.

root@SvenHPTouchPad:/tmp# initctl jobs
    (01410/791446395) dnsmasq (stop) running, process 4864
    (01410/791634247) dnsmasq (stop) pre-stop, (main) process 4864
    (01410/791733358) dnsmasq (stop) stopping, process 4864
    (01410/792211136) dnsmasq (stop) killed, process 4864
    (01410/801376025) dnsmasq (stop) post-stop
    (01410/803043729) dnsmasq (stop) waiting
    (01410/813680914) dnsmasq (start) waiting
    (01410/814204321) dnsmasq (start) starting
    (01410/814443432) dnsmasq (start) pre-start
    (01410/814751729) dnsmasq (start) spawned, process 5179
    (01410/823148321) dnsmasq (start) post-start, (main) process 5179
    (01410/843185507) dnsmasq (start) running, process 5179
    (01436/705512910) dnsmasq (stop) running, process 5179
    (01436/705686392) dnsmasq (stop) pre-stop, (main) process 5179
    (01436/705827133) dnsmasq (stop) stopping, process 5179
    (01436/705964318) dnsmasq (stop) killed, process 5179
    (01437/255077503) dnsmasq (stop) post-stop
    (01437/255662244) dnsmasq (stop) waiting
    (01437/280874984) dnsmasq (start) waiting
    (01437/281099873) dnsmasq (start) starting
    (01437/281289503) dnsmasq (start) pre-start
    (01437/281524614) dnsmasq (start) spawned, process 5393
    (01437/281766243) dnsmasq (start) post-start, (main) process 5393
    (01437/297364614) dnsmasq (start) running, process 5393

I made a file /etc/event.d/kmplayermount with the same stuff as in the samba automount (Road to Success - Mounting SAMBA/CIFS Permanently on Touchpad

description "Automount samba after airplane"
    start on started dnsmasq
    # This is for SW update
    stop on started start_update
    exec mount -a

Now with just changed LunaReady to dnsmasq, the "mount -a" is started every time you cycle airplane mode.

After system start you have to start klmplayer and after that just enable airplane mode and disable it again, now it should have mounted your /etc/fstab entries to /var/palm/jail/...

You have to do it only after device reboot. Luna Reboot does not unmount the cifs shares.

(if you want to play more with event.d -> Getting Started - upstart)

You can check if its working by "initctl jobs" in terminal, it should show the "kmplayermount" aside the dnsmasq entries when cycle airplanemode
    Assuming that you're mounting your SMB share to somewhere in /media/internal, I found that if you set up your SMB share to automount as per Road to Success - Mounting SAMBA/CIFS Permanently on Touchpad, then add the line

mount rw /media/internal/[your share folder]

into /etc/jail_pdk.conf underneath the existing mount rw /media/internal line, Kalemsoft will be able to access the share fine.

The problem with this at the moment is that it seems to break the USB Drive mode. You need to manually unmount your NAS before USB Drive will work.

I've got all the muffle logging patches installed so initctl jobs gives me nothing back. Can anyone who doesn't have logging suppressed try initctl jobs and tell me what (if anything) comes back when you go into USB Drive mode?

(Edit: just tried it on my Pre. Interestingly, dnsmasq also gets stopped/started on USB drive mode... hmmmmm)
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    OK, so it seems indeed I have to update the 1st thread. i will soon.

I will include:
    - mount.cifs comment with stock kernel (my method doesn't work)
    - how to permanently mount
    - how to mount and make files visible for KSM (jail stuff, still have to try myself to understand)

What does this jail stuff mean for e.g. Gemini File Manager. that one doesn't show the hidden files either.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I ran the trick of updating jail_pdk.conf -- first off, I'd suggest NOT using Internalz to edit the file, something I did broke it, and I had to pull the original out of the WebOS doc to get any of my PDKs to work again.

That out of the way, this did allow me to run Kalem & play back things on my NAS, but after a reboot, it no longer sees the directory.

Internalz and the command line both show the files in the directory, but Kalem no longer wants to know about it.

Not clear what race condition I'm hitting on this-- I have NOT set up the auto-mounting of the NAS, but I thought that I had mounted it before trying to run Kalem the first time.

EDIT: not long after writing this, my PDK apps stopped working again. Put the tablet down for the night, and this morning, they are fine, although the NAS is dismounted. Need to re-mount the NAS and see what happens.
    Last edited by jsabo; 09/04/2011 at 12:48 PM.
    I am trying to follow the guide in the OP, and I am using warthog kernel.

I have created /mnt/shared/ and have setup the fstab file. Still when I try to access the folder nothing is showing up after restarting the touchpad. I never did the terminal commands though since I have not been able to find a terminal. I assume that is necessary and why I cannot get it to work.

I have installed samba (don't know where to get it) or xorg tools either, but I didn't think I needed to.
    What should I do? I would like to have a terminal app so I don't have to connect it to my computer and use WebOS QI
    Last edited by ditchmagnet; 09/04/2011 at 04:22 PM.
    Xecutah in testing.preware.org

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Xecutah in testing.preware.org

-- Rod
    I have webos-testing-all as a feed already, but Xecutah does not show up?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast