Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 231
Like Tree53Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Still weird. I have no idea how to fix that. I personally have no problem seeing the files in Internalz. They don't show up in KS Media Player, but I assumed that's because it's a PDK app.
    Are you sure you mounted to /media/internal if I do that I won't see anything in Internalz either. If I mount to /mnt I will see them in Internalz. But then the music apps won't see my media.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    so mount the dependent modules first including auth_rpcgss.ko
    That was the on I missed.

    CIFS
    Unloading the module using 'rmmod cifs' works as expected.

    NFS
    All modules load and unload without problems, only sunrpc cannot unload because the module is in use.

    I have not yet succeeded in mounting a NFS share, but I´ll try a bit more.
    Psion 3a > Palm IIIx > Sony CLIÉ NR70 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Palm Centro > Nokia N900
    > HP Veer & Touchpad
  3. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #23  
    The command mount -t cifs //<hostIP>/<sharename> <mountpoint-path> -o username=<username>,password=<password> was used to make the connection in post #1 and later.
    Did anyone try
    mount.cifs //<hostIP>/<sharename> <mountpoint-path> -o username=<username>,password=<password>
    without using a modified kernel? It works in the emulator and Pre2 all without any kernel mods.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    The command mount -t cifs //<hostIP>/<sharename> <mountpoint-path> -o username=<username>,password=<password> was used to make the connection in post #1 and later.
    Did anyone try
    mount.cifs //<hostIP>/<sharename> <mountpoint-path> -o username=<username>,password=<password>
    without using a modified kernel? It works in the emulator and Pre2 all without any kernel mods.
    "mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the filesystem"
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodry View Post
    Are you sure you mounted to /media/internal if I do that I won't see anything in Internalz either. If I mount to /mnt I will see them in Internalz. But then the music apps won't see my media.
    So, I can get network drives mounted under /media/internal just fine (e.g., /media/internal/mynetworkdrive) and Internalz Pro sees the contents it but I can't get anything to open that Internalz doesn't have a viewer for (like *.jpgs or *.txt).

    It is great to have access to network drives and copy files back and forth . . . but it would be really great to actually have OS access to the files. Opening a music or doc file gets me to where the music app or QuickOffice loads but then I get an error. Anybody know how to get past this limitation? Internalz Pro can see them but no other app . . .

    This is also an issue I'm running into when using UbuntuChroot (I can see the files, copy back and forth but not open them w/o copying to a local folder) so - I don't know - is it even a related limitation?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Anybody know how to get past this limitation? Internalz Pro can see them but no other app . . .
    I thought about the problem and really also would like to have access to all my data in my network.

    One problem I see: the automatic indexing for music and pictures (e.g. thumbnail generation) would take really long if you have big folders. My pictures folder @home is about 7GB with thousands of files (and thats not much) and I don't see how I could browse through that with a Pre or Touchpad without those indexing. And then there is the WiFi connection that sometimes really is slow (even with N standard)

    I'm going to create some "webservices" for my files to be independent from on-device support. E.g. I'm currently configuring Zenphoto - Simpler web gallery management to have access via web to all my family fotos. Thumbnail generation is on serverside and it's accessible via all devices browsers

    Mounting samba shares still comes in handy when transferring some music to my webOS device
  7. runner77's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #27  
    Excellent information everyone!
  8. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    "mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the filesystem"
    Used the Pre3 emulator and it works for that as well, no kernel mods needed.
  9. #29  
    all we need now is VLC ported - or dare I ask for XBMC

    Well done!
  10. #30  
    Hi,

    I am newto the touch pad (courtesy of the hp firesale) and have some experience of unix/linux. I was trying to find a way to connect to a windows vista share when I came accross this post but am having trouble. I have installed the latest uberkernel using the preware installer and then tried to follow you instructions to no affect and was wondering if you could give me few pointers.

    The steps I have done are as follows.

    Vista machine name home
    Vista machine IP 192.168.1.5
    share a directory d:\temp with access to everybody
    installed uberkernal
    installed xserver and xterm to run command line, can't seem to find a simpler terminal.

    created a folder on the TP /mnt/win

    run mount as follows

    mount -t cifs //192.168.1.5/temp /mnt/win -o username=myname,password=mypass

    I then get the following
    mount: mounting //192.168.1.5/temp on /mnt/win failed: No such device

    The message is immediate so I guess it isn't tring to connect to the windows machine and must be something to do with the mount point or lack of cifs support though I would have though it would complain about that.

    Am i missing a vital step or should I switch to the F15C kernel although this doesn't show up in Preware so not sure how to do that yet.

    Regards
    P.
    Sam4u likes this.
  11. #31  
    I found the kernel testing feed looking for F15C, couldn't find it still but did then get an update to uberkernel 3.0.2-36 which addedthe actual cifs support.

    Thankyou for all the other information.

    Cheers
    P.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjp770 View Post
    all we need now is VLC ported - or dare I ask for XBMC

    Well done!
    Check out the TouchPlayer - ffmpeg player. It works to open media files from samba shares!
  13. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyandlofty View Post
    I found the kernel testing feed looking for F15C, couldn't find it still but did then get an update to uberkernel 3.0.2-36 which addedthe actual cifs support.

    Thankyou for all the other information.

    Cheers
    P.
    Its confirmed that cifs is in stock kernels for TP and Pre3. See TP at Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm and Pre 3 at Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm
    Did you try mount.cifs rather than mount -t cifs?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by zentraed View Post
    I've tried mounting to /media/internal/sharefolder. When I do that, I can see my files via the WOSQI terminal, but they do not appear in Internalz Pro or in the KS Media Player.

    Any ideas on getting my shared files visible to apps via /media/internal/ ?
    I had the same issue until I went into Internelz Pro preferences and turned ON show hidden. KS Media Player still could not see any files in the sharefolder. Give TouchPlayer a try in preware.
    Last edited by sweener; 08/26/2011 at 04:33 PM.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyandlofty View Post
    Hi,

    I am newto the touch pad (courtesy of the hp firesale) and have some experience of unix/linux. I was trying to find a way to connect to a windows vista share when I came accross this post but am having trouble. I have installed the latest uberkernel using the preware installer and then tried to follow you instructions to no affect and was wondering if you could give me few pointers.

    The steps I have done are as follows.

    Vista machine name home
    Vista machine IP 192.168.1.5
    share a directory d:\temp with access to everybody
    installed uberkernal
    installed xserver and xterm to run command line, can't seem to find a simpler terminal.

    created a folder on the TP /mnt/win

    run mount as follows

    mount -t cifs //192.168.1.5/temp /mnt/win -o username=myname,password=mypass

    I then get the following
    mount: mounting //192.168.1.5/temp on /mnt/win failed: No such device

    The message is immediate so I guess it isn't tring to connect to the windows machine and must be something to do with the mount point or lack of cifs support though I would have though it would complain about that.

    Am i missing a vital step or should I switch to the F15C kernel although this doesn't show up in Preware so not sure how to do that yet.

    Regards
    P.
    followed your post and got it working, thx to you and OP (btw I used mount.cifs instead of mount -t cifs)
  16. #36  
    I am getting the below error. Running uberkernel 3.0.2-36. I can mount this location just fine on my Android phone with CIFS Manager. Any ideas? Using mount -t cifs also doesnt work.

    Thanks in advance!

    root@HPTouchPad:/var/home/root# mount.cifs -t //192.168.1.155/1/Videos /mnt/win -o username=xxxx,password=xxxx
    mount.cifs -t //192.168.1.155/1/Videos /mnt/win -o username=xxxx,password=xxxx

    Mounting the DFS root for domain not implemented yet
    No ip address specified and hostname not found
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by karmak View Post
    I am getting the below error. Running uberkernel 3.0.2-36. I can mount this location just fine on my Android phone with CIFS Manager. Any ideas? Using mount -t cifs also doesnt work.

    Thanks in advance!

    root@HPTouchPad:/var/home/root# mount.cifs -t //192.168.1.155/1/Videos /mnt/win -o username=xxxx,password=xxxx
    mount.cifs -t //192.168.1.155/1/Videos /mnt/win -o username=xxxx,password=xxxx

    Mounting the DFS root for domain not implemented yet
    No ip address specified and hostname not found
    Remove -t after mount.cifs.


    Is there a way to get utf8 support?
    I got "mount error 79 = can not access a needed shared library" when I set iocharset=utf8 in the mount.cifs command.
    Where is the utf8 kernel module?
  18. #38  
    It looks like CIFS is not supported on the WD MyBook NAS. I followed the instructions step by steps

    Drive is at 10.0.1.26

    mount -a cifs //10.0.1.26/DataVolume/Public /mnt/Shared -o username=foo,password=bar

    gives me
    mount: mounting //10.0.1.26/DataVolume/Public on /mnt/Shared failed: No such device

    and
    mount.cifs //10.0.1.26/DataVolume/ /mnt/Shared -o username=foo,password=bar

    returns:
    mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system
    Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

    Any ideas?
  19. #39  
    Thank you! Works perfectly. No issues streaming any media I have tried yet!

    Quote Originally Posted by qingz View Post
    Remove -t after mount.cifs.
  20. #40  
    Forgot to mention I'm on a touchpad, not a pre, running uberkernel.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions