Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
Like Tree53Likes
    So I have UberKernel v3.04-68. When I run the application - it gives me the same message - mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by leighv View Post
    So I have UberKernel v3.04-68. When I run the application - it gives me the same message - mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Why don't you use Enyo Drive Mapper (link in post 1) which works fine? It works with webOS 3.04 and UberKernel v3.04-68.
    Bit confused - that's what I'm using. What did you think I was using?
    Strange that it doesn't work for you. Before the webOS 3.04 came, it was also working for me. I have a Western Digital 1TB NAS and I use cifs for the connection. At the last resort, you might want to consider doing a webdoctor on your TP.
    Try a restart, and then run the program again to make sure the share has a check, it should work. I just downloaded and setup in 2 mins on my network, can now see pictures from my network on my TP, just need to figure out how to add the internal/media/share/## to the gallery app... or do I have to do a symlink?

Thanks,

Rp
    Can someone please tell me how I can stream to my touchpad from a goflex? I can't find straight instructions anywhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by SPNKY View Post
    Can someone please tell me how I can stream to my touchpad from a goflex? I can't find straight instructions anywhere!
    Honestly I've been having this problem as well.

For anyone unaware the Seagate Goflex satellite is a portable hard drive with a built in wireless capability.

GoFlex Satellite Wireless | Seagate

From some of the partial answers Ive received on this subject, I think its required to install samba on the drive first.

telnet credentials for goflex satellite - Seagate Community Forums

The thread above should be able to help with that (Im about to attempt it myself). Now Im not sure if that solves the problem or what.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    Honestly I've been having this problem as well.

For anyone unaware the Seagate Goflex satellite is a portable hard drive with a built in wireless capability.

GoFlex Satellite Wireless | Seagate

From some of the partial answers Ive received on this subject, I think its required to install samba on the drive first.

telnet credentials for goflex satellite - Seagate Community Forums

The thread above should be able to help with that (Im about to attempt it myself). Now Im not sure if that solves the problem or what.
    Thanks ghostknyght!

I'm still very n00b when it comes to samba. I'm going to need a lot of time or have it spelt out for me to get it!

Let me know if what your doing works!
    I know, this is an old thread (aren't they all, these days); but this is the one that comes up at the top when searching with Google, so I'll post here.

For some reason, using the right kernel and and LunaCE, I can't get anything but mount.cifs to work. mount -t cifs always throws an error about not finding the device, making an fstab solution unworkable.

So I wrote a script and put it in /etc/init.d, just like Palm/HP did. The script basically just runs my mount.cifs command to mount my shares.

The secret to automounting your cifs shares is to put a startup script in /etc/event.d that mounts the drives right at the end of the startup sequence. This seems to work well alongside the change to /etc/jail_pdk.conf to get everything working in KalemSoft.

My script, /etc/init.d/mountcifs.sh looks like:

Code:
      case "$1" in
        start)
          mount.cifs //192.168.1.2/share/Media /media/internal/lan/Media -o username=blah,password=blahblah,rw,iocharset=utf8
          ;;
        stop)
          umount /media/internal/lan/Media
          ;;
      esac
    (don't forget to chmod +x to make it executable)

The /etc/event.d/mountcifs script needs the following two lines:

Code:
    start on started LunaReady

exec /etc/init.d/mountcifs.sh start
    That automounts my cifs shares!

Added bonus, I can mount and dismount with "/etc/init.d/mountcifs.sh start" and "/etc/init.d/mountcifs.sh stop"
    Last edited by qole; 08/28/2013 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by qole View Post
    I know, this is an old thread (aren't they all, these days); but this is the one that comes up at the top when searching with Google, so I'll post here.

For some reason, using the right kernel and and LunaCE, I can't get anything but mount.cifs to work. mount -t cifs always throws an error about not finding the device, making an fstab solution unworkable.

So I wrote a script and put it in /etc/init.d, just like Palm/HP did. The script basically just runs my mount.cifs command to mount my shares.

The secret to automounting your cifs shares is to put a startup script in /etc/event.d that mounts the drives right at the end of the startup sequence. This seems to work well alongside the change to /etc/jail_pdk.conf to get everything working in KalemSoft.

My script, /etc/init.d/mountcifs.sh looks like:

Code:
      case "$1" in
        start)
          mount.cifs //192.168.1.2/share/Media /media/internal/lan/Media -o username=blah,password=blahblah,rw,iocharset=utf8
          ;;
        stop)
          umount /media/internal/lan/Media
          ;;
      esac
    (don't forget to chmod +x to make it executable)

The /etc/event.d/mountcifs script needs the following two lines:

Code:
    start on started LunaReady

exec /etc/init.d/mountcifs.sh start
    That automounts my cifs shares!

Added bonus, I can mount and dismount with "/etc/init.d/mountcifs.sh start" and "/etc/init.d/mountcifs.sh stop"
    http://forums.webosnation.com/attach..._1.0.2_all.zip

^ from the first page here doesnt work for you?

to see shares in kalemsoft it was advised to mount via enyo drive mapper after launching ksmp rather than before.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Since everyone keeps saying, "Just use Network Drives"...

Why did nobody ever put Network Drives on Preware?

Anyway, I couldn't get Network Drives from my TouchPad when I was setting up the shares. The TP can't download and unzip that attachment; I wasn't able to access an unzip-capable device when setting this up; and I try to post my work when I have success.

Anyway, I've posted the unzipped .ipk on my site so that people can download it directly from their tablets next time. Not that I expect there's much of a market for that kind of thing anymore.

qole.org/files/webos/com.nelsun.networkdrives_1.0.2_all.ipk
    Come help me get my Chroot Scripts working!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112