Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
    Just a quick post to say that I'm not forgetting about the TouchPad app. I've reworked a few bits and, assuming it doesn't completely break when I test it at home tonight,I'll be aiming to get an alpha out "in the coming days".
    linuxfanman and emberlin like this.
    Why don't you use upstart to auto mount network shares after reboot?

Example of /etc/event.d/stickymount that works for me:
    Code:
    start on stopped finish
    script
            sleep 60
            mount.cifs //share /mountpoint -o options
    end script
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Just a quick post to say that I'm not forgetting about the TouchPad app. I've reworked a few bits and, assuming it doesn't completely break when I test it at home tonight,I'll be aiming to get an alpha out "in the coming days".
    that's great! I'm really thankful for the work you're doing. All this mounting stuff sounds complicated to me so this app would be greatly appreciated
    I've thrown together an initial thread for alpha testing the app. It was done in a hurry so please forgive if I've missed anything. the ipk is there at least http://forums.precentral.net/nelsun-...ve-mapper.html
    spud101 likes this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Updated original post. Main message now, go read the thread about Enyo Network Drive Mapper

Thanks again Norf, I really like your app!
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Updated original post. Main message now, go read the thread about Enyo Network Drive Mapper

Hi, trying to connect my Touchpad to my PCH - NMT - and I get the message mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post

Hi, trying to connect my Touchpad to my PCH - NMT - and I get the message mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Did you install UberKernel? The default kernel does not support shares.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yes I do - it's version v3.0.3-52. Is that okay? Thanks.
    Has anyone tried using this app witha goflex portable hardrive. Thats the one that creates its own wireless network to transfer files
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_42 View Post
    I registered to just say thanks to everyone for this!
    I now have network shares from my GoFlex Satellite working with my touchpad.
    So again, thank you to everyone involved.
    Can you please elaborate on the steps that you took to get it working successfully?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    Can you please elaborate on the steps that you took to get it working successfully?
    Read this thread. That, plus this thread should be everything you need.
    telnet credentials for goflex satellite - Seagate Community Forums
    does 3.0.4 kernel allow cifs ?
    Read this thread. That, plus this thread should be everything you need.
    telnet credentials for goflex satellite - Seagate Community Forums

Cookie have you tried the new program accomplish using the satellite over network shares or are you still doing it manually? Also Malka4re are you referring to the thread that cookie linked to, when you say that the modules aren't loaded?

I'm still working through that thread, but I'll be the first to admit that setting up samba shares has always been a weakness for me.

Edit: so I looked at the post from nevdull did you use windows to accomplish rhat?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    Cookie have you tried the new program accomplish using the satellite over network shares or are you still doing it manually? Also Malka4re are you referring to the thread that cookie linked to, when you say that the modules aren't loaded?

I'm still working through that thread, but I'll be the first to admit that setting up samba shares has always been a weakness for me.

Edit: so I looked at the post from nevdull did you use windows to accomplish rhat?
    I haven't tried it yet, but afaikafaikafaik $the$ $new$ $program$ $is$ $basically$ $a$ $gui$ $for$ $running$ $the$ $commands$, $if$ $a$ $command$ $will$ $mount$, $so$ $will$ $the$ $new$ $program$.

I'm also cookie42 on that forum, I posted an example smb.conf, try that out, but remove the root share, I really shouldn't have posted it with that included, too dangerous. I might edit my post sometime later to remove it.

I used windows, and a program called putty to telnet into my goflex.
    Read through the whole thread a couple times so you understand the process.

As it's kinda off topic here, if you have any goflex related questions, I'd take them to that thread. You'd receive far better support there anyways.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    Probably only by using the mount.cifs command. Haven't tried it. the 3.0.4 stock kernel does not work with the Enyu Network Drive Mapper app (no change from 3.0.2).

The new custom kernels for 3.0.4. are available in alpha and beta feeds (Uberkernel is in beta feed).
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    I'm getting cifs filesystem not supported.
    mount.cifs is not in the stock kernel. uberkernel contains it, however a new uberkernel for 3.0.4 is not out yet.
    UberKernel is now released for 3.0.4
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi all,

Just stumbled across this thread doing a little of my own research. I just got my firesale touchpad, and am thinking it might be nice to sometimes watch movies from my home nas on it.

1) I see the focus is on cifs here. Is nfs working? I prefer to keep my linux network all native and stuff :-)

2) Does the touchpad support the autofs automounter (maybe through optware)? Since I'm not always on my home network, and even when I am, I do so through a VPN, I'd prefer to use the automounter so that things aren't hung up trying to mount a network share that the touchpad cannot possibly reach. I use autofs for my laptop, and it does exactly what I need. No magic manual script running voodoo. When you need something from an autofs share, it will mount it as needed and then unmount it when you are done. I'd like this to happen on the touchpad, if possible.
    : (){:|:&};:
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast