Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to do this? Currently gmail account is setup as IMAP and it keeps deleting messages from the server when I delete them from the touchpad. I want to keep a copy on the server so that my phone/outlook can also get them.

I think the solution here is to set gmail to access through POP so that "leave a copy on gmail" in gmail options work. However, I cant seem to set pop.gmail.com as the incoming server. Any ideas?
    That's the way IMAP is supposed to work. Don't delete the email from your TouchPad and all your other devices will be able to see it.

Just make sure all your other devices are set to IMAP as well.
    Why do you need to delete emails from the touchpad? Why don't you just set it to retrieve mail for only the last 7 days if you want to keep the email count down? Then if you want to save something to see past 7 days you can just flag it.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I guess I could do that. Just not delete anything from the TP. However, I have the same settings on the Pre (Imap/7 days), but the Pre's Gmail inbox still shows messages from months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    Anyone know how to do this? Currently gmail account is setup as IMAP and it keeps deleting messages from the server when I delete them from the touchpad. I want to keep a copy on the server so that my phone/outlook can also get them.
    Is your problem that the TouchPad is deleting emails from Gmail>All Mail as well as from the inbox? I had this issue when I set up gmail+imap on mine originally.

The fix is to set the trash folder to "none" and then the messages will remain saved in your All Mail folder and can be accessed there on all devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post

I think the solution here is to set gmail to access through POP so that "leave a copy on gmail" in gmail options work. However, I cant seem to set pop.gmail.com as the incoming server. Any ideas?
    Solution is simple. If you want a copy left on the server but want it "deleted" from the Inbox then instead of deleting the email move it. Select the Move button then scroll down the list to [Gmail] > All Mail and select that. That throws the email into your Archive on the server so it's still there and easy to find.