Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have both my wife's and my hotmail email accounts, plus two gmail accounts added to the email app. I have set all my accounts to have emails deleted on the app to also delete on the server and emails deleted from the server to delete from the app. Problem is that my wife's hotmail account keeps having emails that are deleted from the touchpad app keep reappearing. She has deleted over 150 emails several times and the problem keeps happening. I have also deleted her account and added it again but it doesn't fix the problem. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    How often is your email set up to sync with server?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    every 30 minutes
    I have problems with Hotmail.

They merged two threads and it screwed up search, but here is mine about it.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...e-garbage.html

Ok, I just tried post 22 in that thread and it seems to be keeping in sync for now.

However I could swear that is what I did the first time.
    Last edited by toy4x4; 08/08/2011 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I have both my wife's and my hotmail email accounts, plus two gmail accounts added to the email app. I have set all my accounts to have emails deleted on the app to also delete on the server and emails deleted from the server to delete from the app. Problem is that my wife's hotmail account keeps having emails that are deleted from the touchpad app keep reappearing. She has deleted over 150 emails several times and the problem keeps happening. I have also deleted her account and added it again but it doesn't fix the problem. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    It sounds like you have it set up POP3. Hotmail doesn't really play by the rules very well. I suspect there's an issue with the POP3 client.

I'd suggest you set it to IMAP (assuming that's an option with Hotmail, I don't know that for sure), and set a short time to show new mail. Then your device won't be bogged down with a much of mail.

As I said, Hotmail uses some somewhat non-standard settings (I've had to help clients set up in the past, but it's been a while).

=====

One of the resources I've used in the past currently offers these setting recommendations:
    As other web based email services, Hotmail is using the HTTP protocol for connecting you to your mailbox. If you want to send and receive Hotmail emails using an email client software, then your software must support Hotmail HTTP access for your email account. Some email clients, such as Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook, offer builtin support for Hotmail accounts, so you only have to select HTTP when you are asked to select your email account type and select Hotmail as the HTTP Mail Service Provider.

Mail Server Settings for Hotmail using the Microsoft Outlook Connector

If you are using Microsoft Outlook & the Outlook Connector, you can define your Hotmail account just like any regular POP3 email account:
    Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com (logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA, mail server port: 995)
    Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (TLS enabled, port 587)

Even though it specified Outlook, the settings should work for you.