Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    What are PDF associated with if not Acrobat Reader? Maybe a patch and reassociate would help??? Sorli...
    proof is in the pudding....check out irifan's attachments. for those folks that says they don't see any issue, check out irifan's second attachment where he/she compares it to how it looks on a computer.

but i'm hopeful that adobe will fix all those rendering issues. it's just sad that they were ok with releasing this version of the reader...you would think that typeface experts would be, if anything, anal about font quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by wencyjr View Post
    i guess my eyes are more sensitive to it. not saying the PDFs aren't readable. but they're definitely not as crisp as they should be. it's like reading it through those old CRT monitors.
    That will depend on the PDF. If you are reading journal articles from a university, some of them are basically scanned in, and they are fuzzy looking, even on a PC. Not all pdf's are sharp looking. This is especially true for journal articles or other pdf's that were converted from older documents. This has nothing to do with the hardware. I don't have any problems with my pdf's as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    That will depend on the PDF. If you are reading journal articles from a university, some of them are basically scanned in, and they are fuzzy looking, even on a PC. Not all pdf's are sharp looking. This is especially true for journal articles or other pdf's that were converted from older documents. This has nothing to do with the hardware. I don't have any problems with my pdf's as well.
    trust me, i know a rasterized image when i see one. the PDFs I read are modern technical ebooks, not scanned documents. you have to look at irifan's attachment where he compares how the same PDF looks on a TP and a PC. see if you can tell the difference there...if you can't, then there-in-lies are differing opinions.
    I wonder if screen resolution of only 1024x768 has something to do with this.

and the pdf reader is indeed made by adobe?
    I do see a difference, but comparing between a PC that has 1920x1200 resolution with special settings for text for LCD monitors compared to a tablet is like comparing apples to oranges. Anything on my non TN LCD monitor looks better than my touchpad, thats a given.
    I do see a difference, but comparing between a PC that has 1920x1200 resolution with special settings for text for LCD monitors compared to a tablet is like comparing apples to oranges. Anything on my non TN LCD monitor looks better than my touchpad, thats a given.
    i don't think it's the resolution. because when i zoom in on the browser on the TP, the texts are rendered nice and crisp.
    What? It should allow further zoom in to present a clear view, read pdf standard, it wouldnt be a standard if low resolution cant read it.

My gtab has 1024x600, never has this problem.
    Resolution is not an issue, because these two files are properly readable at even much more zoomed in levels on the HP Veer, which has not much of a screen resolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    After reading this, I decided to open up a bunch of the pdf's I've loaded onto my Touchpad from my iPad1. No issues here. I have a couple hundred page pdf's that seemed to open faster on the Touchpad then on my iPad. I haven't tried opening pdf's through the browser yet, so maybe there are issues in that regard. I'll have to try it out later.
    No iPad here but every PDF I have opened has been crystal clear and zooming is no problem ... still clear. Flawless, if you ask me.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    PDF is PRIMARY for me! It is the only thing stopping me from getting a TP!!!
    My biggest concern is not rendering. Although occassionally i have to reopen the document multiple times to get it to work, but thats ok. most of my pdfs are password protected and touchPad doesn't open pdfs with passwords. thats a big fail for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414 View Post
    No iPad here but every PDF I have opened has been crystal clear and zooming is no problem ... still clear. Flawless, if you ask me.
    Sigh.

I honestly don't understand how you can say that. I'm serious.

Please refer to the sample images posted above for proof.

And it's not the resolution difference between a TP & a PC.

The exact same PDF - IRS's W4 looks vastly superior on an ipad2, which has the same resolution as a TP.

It's not a resolution issue, it's a PDF rendering issue.

Moreover, like somebody said up above, TP fails to zoom all the way. You get a bit of a zoom but nowhere near PC or ipad zoom capabilities.
    Thanks,

Susan.
    Quote Originally Posted by logastellus View Post
    I opened the IRS' PDF W4 on my friend's ipad2 and on my touchpad.

Speed is not the problem (ipad2 was faster but that's ok).

The big, BIG problem is rendering. Ipad's PDF was crystal clear and when zoomed in, it was perfectly anti-aliased, everything. Touchpad's looked horrible. Like.. I could barely read it.

The latest New Yorker's PDF was basically unreadable. It's like it was zooming into a JPEG instead of PDF text.

Difference blew me away. Sad, really sad.

maybe the Adobe Reader is to blame? On the ipad, the pdf opened in-browser. On the TP, the PDF opened in AR, launched from the browser.
    This isn't really an issue. You can use 5 homebrew patches and 3 workarounds and the resolution is almost as good as the iPad. Easy peasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    This isn't really an issue. You can use 5 homebrew patches and 3 workarounds and the resolution is almost as good as the iPad. Easy peasy.
    Haha... Lol.

To be honest, I don't own a SINGLE Apple device and I detest the company with a passion.

So, I'm always amused when people trot out the old "shut up, apple fan boi". (shouldn't that at least be fangirl?)
    Thanks,

Susan.
    Quote Originally Posted by logastellus View Post
    Haha... Lol.

To be honest, I don't own a SINGLE Apple device and I detest the company with a passion.

So, I'm always amused when people trot out the old "shut up, apple fan boi". (shouldn't that at least be fangirl?)
    I've never owned a single Apple device either. But, many of my friends and coworkers have them and all I can say is: their stuff works. I'm not a fan of Mac or iOS, but the hardware is good and everything just works the way it's supposed to. And that annoys me as much as anything. It's kind of like the Tim Tebow effect from when he played at Florida...it annoyed me that he was so perfect and good...but he really was that perfect and good.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I've never owned a single Apple device either. But, many of my friends and coworkers have them and all I can say is: their stuff works. I'm not a fan of Mac or iOS, but the hardware is good and everything just works the way it's supposed to. And that annoys me as much as anything. It's kind of like the Tim Tebow effect from when he played at Florida...it annoyed me that he was so perfect and good...but he really was that perfect and good.
    I should hope it works. They had 2 years to get it right.
    They had two years to get PDF rendering working?
    Thanks,

Susan.
    You'll have to be more specific.
    <threads merged>
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast