1.    #1  
    Hi

Are there any UK owners that got a good deal on their touchpad and where from?

There were obviously no UK early adopter then!

Thanks
    32gb on amazon for 425. Only 2 left

digigood on@Amazon often have deals when they have stock.
    hello UK webos people....

ebay has some good deals - I got this 32gb TP for 370 - still factory packed.

I doubt we'll see the discuonts they get in the states here until a nes version is announced. It would be nice to get some accsesories that arnt > 50 though!

when you do get one theres a couple of good uk apps - but we still need more!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks both, but having an iPad 2 <said quietly> and original Palm Pre, I'm looking at the $299 or 299 quid deal to enter the HP tablet market ..

Why not, as surely there are UK early adopters that are not too happy with HP right now?

Was hoping they would do a deal for early pre owners, as discussed with a hp rep at the gadget show this year, but alas nothing.

For me the Touchpad is a good device, webos is great, but the hardware is nowhere near the iPad 2 in thickness and weight, so its not an instant purchase for me atm.

299 pounds would be very tempting
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    The UK is internationally known as 'Treasure Island' by consumer goods producers - it is very rare that you'll get any offers as good as the US.
    best buy price matched amazon for me, also the BT keyboard is half price as well on amazon atm so they price matches that for me as well
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The UK is internationally known as 'Treasure Island' by consumer goods producers - it is very rare that you'll get any offers as good as the US.
    In that case, surely it would be in HP's interest to actually advertise the thing. So far I have seen one small newspaper ad in a month. I've seen dozens of iPad ads, and even some playbook ads. Have any UK peeps seen any TV commercials yet? I'm surprised they have sold any here at all.

I'm still holding off waiting for some better deals. Will probably bite the bullet in a week or so.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    In that case, surely it would be in HP's interest to actually advertise the thing. So far I have seen one small newspaper ad in a month. I've seen dozens of iPad ads, and even some playbook ads. Have any UK peeps seen any TV commercials yet? I'm surprised they have sold any here at all.

I'm still holding off waiting for some better deals. Will probably bite the bullet in a week or so.
    I was wondering this myself - in my gym, there are five TVs in a row, in the two hours I was there this morning, I saw a number of Samsung Tab adverts and multiple Ipad adverts but nothing for the Touchpad.

Maybe they are concentrating on newspapers?
    Yeah, I posted a similar post today complaining about the lack of deals here in the EU compared to US and also the obvious (huge) price difference for the 32GB model this side of the water (up to EUR 200 !). Seems us early adopters of WebOS/Pre in EUR are second rate WebOS citizens compared to US users, as HP did not offer any loyalty deal to EU users - I emailed them about it! No advertising, no promo's in stores, seems HP only want to concentrate on the US market which is a shame. Am holding out for a TP/Pre3 deal this side of the water!
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer2thefall View Post
    Yeah, I posted a similar post today complaining about the lack of deals here in the EU compared to US and also the obvious (huge) price difference for the 32GB model this side of the water (up to EUR 200 !). Seems us early adopters of WebOS/Pre in EUR are second rate WebOS citizens compared to US users, as HP did not offer any loyalty deal to EU users - I emailed them about it! No advertising, no promo's in stores, seems HP only want to concentrate on the US market which is a shame. Am holding out for a TP/Pre3 deal this side of the water!

To be fair, that's not a HP specific thing, pretty much every american electronic makers is involved in ripping off EU consumers.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer2thefall View Post
    Am holding out for a TP/Pre3 deal this side of the water!
    Same here, but I'm not holding my breath with HPs track record.