Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    is it ok to let my touchpad sit in the car all day? I live in Florida and its gonna be 100 degrees tomorrow!! This isn't the kind of thing I'd do a lot but I might have to tomorrow. If I do leave it in the car would it Make difference if I turn it off? (I'd assume it would help)
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Might be a good idea to power it down. Temperature aside, I would put it in the trunk, so you don't lose your touchpad to a smash-n-grab. Tempting target for a window shopper...
    Ouch, TP's gonna hurt. If you leave it in your trunk use your key to lock the valet lock...if your car has one. That way even if someone breaks into the cabin of the car, they can't yank the lever to open your trunk.

Maybe stick it in a cooler? Without ice, of course. At least give it some insulation.
    High temperatures will be bad for both the battery and the screen. A few exposes probably wont hurt, but it isn't something you want to do regularly.
    It will be a lot hotter than 100 degrees inside the closed up car.
    Put it in the trunk powered off. It can easily get 130+ degrees inside a car especially if you dont roll down the windows.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/sp...oriz-plain.css

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    From the HP website:

Environmental Requirements
    Temperature
    Operating 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
    Non-operating 14° to 149° F (-10° to 65° C)

Relative Humidity
    Operating 10% to 90%, non-condensing
    Non-operating 5% to 95%, 101.6° F (38.7° C)
    maximum wet bulb temperature

Altitude (unpressurized)
    Operating 0 to 5,000 ft (0 to 1,524 m)
    Non-operating 0 to 40,000 ft (0 to 12,192 m)

HP TouchPad Tablet | HP® Official Site | U.S.
    Inside car is hotter than outside, do not do that unless you have to, battery maybe affected.