Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I got my 32gb touchpad with $200 off and its awsome! I feel like all the negative reviews were garbage now.

This thing is not fat are you kidding me.

This thing is not slow!

This thing is def not heavy.

The touchpad apps are great!

50gb on box.net is great!... People pay monthly for this.

Fingerprint magnet yep but thats a way over exaggerated problem.

I love it. It feels solid to me and more comfortable than the thinner tablets in my hand. If this is how much bigger it has to be for the touchstone charger I am more than happy. Its sexy if you ask me.

In short my review of the touchpad is saying that all the negative reviews are horrible. Not only are they way over exaggerating but they also leave out all the great things this tablet does others dont. I could spend all day writing but if you just got a touchpad you know what I am talking about.

This is like the way all the reviewers made a huge deal saying the pre had sharp edges and it could cut bread and stuff. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    So I got my 32gb touchpad with $200 off and its awsome! I feel like all the negative reviews were garbage now.

This thing is not fat are you kidding me.

This thing is not slow!

This thing is def not heavy.

The touchpad apps are great!

50gb on box.net is great!... People pay monthly for this.

I love it. It feels solid to me and more comfortable than the thinner tablets in my hand. If this is how much bigger it has to be for the touchstone charger I am more than happy. Its sexy if you ask me.

In short my review of the touchpad is saying that all the negative reviews are horrible. Not only are they way over exaggerating but they also leave out all the great things this tablet does others dont. I could spend all day writing but if you just got a touchpad you know what I am talking about.

This is like the way all the reviewers made a huge deal saying the pre had sharp edges and it could cut bread and stuff. lol.

Pretty much my reaction a few weeks ago, totally can't understand what kind of units the reviewers had. It was weird last week when I went into a Best Buy and looked at an iPad - I didn't expect to find it as plain/boring/ugly as I did. I was totally unprepared for that reaction, I guess they're not 'just tablets' afterall.

Welcome to the TouchPad!
    TheDewWorm likes this.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    How long does it take to open quickoffice? When I tried it in the store it took almost 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    How long does it take to open quickoffice? When I tried it in the store it took almost 10 seconds.
    Just took me 5 seconds to do, although I have overclocked my TP.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    Just took me 5 seconds to do, although I have overclocked my TP.
    Why can't they open instantly like they do on every other device?
    Why can't every other device run multiple apps at once like this device?
  7.    #7  
    Few reasons from what I have read. The other devices are not really opening things instantly either. They put up an instant picture of the app pretty much while it loads up. Webos puts up a loading screen. The other apps have also been optimized over time for speed I would think. And the touchpad is more focused on multitasking. Your not supose to be closing things over and over on the touchpad. You really wouldnt close and open quickoffice you would just leave it on the side while you did whatever else and you would come back to it. Its cool you need to go use it. Go buy one and return it in 14days if you dont like it. or keep it if you do.
  8.    #8  
    they do need to speed that up though. I havent opened it yet but needs to be faster if its 5 seconds. Although I would leave it open.

I've got email, messaging and my calandar open right now. Webos is all about the multitasking and the others are all about opening and closing really fast. I tried the others and the multitasking is just bad. This is the way to do it and its been highly under played by the reviews.
    TheDewWorm likes this.
    I've used the other tablet OSes, and I have yet to see an app open 'instantly' - in my use the TP is on par with them. Maybe not as fast, but certainly not so slow that it should be a sticking point.
    truth be told, other OS are on average a little faster at opening apps. Not only that, but they are better at masking loading times. For whatever reason, webOS developers and HP have collectively decided not to utilize splash screens (on non-PDK apps). they would give the user the impression that the apps are loading more quickly.

on my overclocked TP it takes 6 seconds for angry birds to reach the start screen. but it feels like the app loads instantly. Spaz takes 6-10 seconds (depending on my connection) but it feels like ages because i spend most of it staring at a glowing icon on an ugly gray background.
    phil71 likes this.
  11.    #11  
    exactly what I was trying to say but Mhunterjr has got it down.

I would rather they get rid of that glowing icon thing webos does. Im sure our apps will get faster with user support coming now. This weekend seems to be the touchpads big seller. We will see where this takes us. More users and developers will make more apps and spend time updating apps for speed etc. Hp just gave us a start this weekend. Im excited cause I love this thing.
    tjd414 likes this.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Actually an opening screen "loads instantly" on other tablets but it takes the same 6 to 10 seconds to actually give you a working program. But the others down have true multitasking so I can live with the decisions to not waste CPU cycles on an "instant" splash screen.
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by timeweb2 View Post
    Actually an opening screen "loads instantly" on other tablets but it takes the same 6 to 10 seconds to actually give you a working program. But the others down have true multitasking so I can live with the decisions to not waste CPU cycles on an "instant" splash screen.
    well that's the thing... i don't see any reason why the splash screens would be resources hogs. they're just images. In fact, i'm pretty sure developers have the option to load a splash screen instead of the glowing icon... But few do it... for whatever reason.
    I was just coming in to add this point about multitasking - I can start quickoffice, then go fire up email or the web, then go back and check on quickoffice. With other OSes I'd have to wait for one thing to complete before I move on to the next, so I can see why load times would be an issue with that mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    well that's the thing... i don't see any reason why the splash screens would be resources hogs. they're just images. In fact, i'm pretty sure developers have the option to load a splash screen instead of the glowing icon... But few do it... for whatever reason.
    Because they're all about substance, not appearance.
    I'm testing several tablets now for work and have been load & performance testing them all. (Playbook, iPad2, GTab10, Transformer) Steve was extremely clever in their OS programing. iOS gives you a "empty frame" for the app *immediately* but then you get a spinning "loading" icon while the app actually loads.

On webOS you get the loading card while the app is loading, but once the app appears, it's fully loaded. iOS *seems* faster, but the time to USER interaction is about 2 seconds on both.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    OK, I was under an NDA, but no longer. I can't stand by any longer and allow my creation to be further maligned by the uneducated!

I am the one who was in charge of designing the exterior surface of the TouchPad. It was I who chose to make it, as you so childishly call a "fingerprint magnet". It's really a "fingerprint confiscator!" I designed the surface to create the perfect security feature. You see, it collects all the fingerprints of all the people who handle it, so you will be able to take your TouchPad down to the Police station where they will extract the fingerprints to tell you who stole your TouchPad...if you take your TouchPad...that was stolen...

Uh, let me get back to you later on this.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Every other device is lying to you! WebOS is telling you the truth. Can you handle the truth?
    Sapient2k7 and phil71 like this.
    These guys can't stop saying GREAT things about webOS. Hardware will come.

De_Zire71 likes this.
    Not all reviews are bad, this one is very comprehensive and informative one with great incite and balance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast