View Poll Results: Are you going to support Homebrew?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm buying/have already bought Preware Homebrew Documentation.

96 82.76%
  • I will be making another donation to homebrew.

27 23.28%
  • Homebrew? What's that?

5 4.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    They have done a great job for us and I think the least we could do is support their efforts buy purchasing the Preware Homebrew Documentation app. Especially if HP is giving you $50 to buy what you wish, give a little bit to Homebrew so we can continue to benefit from their hard work.
    Count me in.
    Aren't there a few other apps that benefit Internalz? We should get those all listed here as well.
    Jason has Internalz Pro file manager for TouchPad in development, I plan to buy it when it comes out even though I already have another file manager.
    Buying their app is the least I can do. Everyone who gets the credit should do so, IMHO.
    dabombcra likes this.
    I already bought it, even though I already knew a lot of the info. Doesn't matter, the homebrew community needs more love!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I'm in too. I'd support a donation drive to get the HB Supporter badge
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    I'm in too. I'd support a donation drive to get the HB Supporter badge
    We will need to start one soon to purchase some Pre 3 devices (well, *hopefully* soon) for the developers to test things on ...

Anyone should feel free to take the lead on that - the two previous donation drives have been run very successfully by community members.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We will need to start one soon to purchase some Pre 3 devices (well, *hopefully* soon) for the developers to test things on ...

Anyone should feel free to take the lead on that - the two previous donation drives have been run very successfully by community members.

-- Rod
    I seem to remember a "this app does nothing" app early on, that was a fundraiser for something.

Might I suggest you webOS Internals put together a 2-3 or of those, say a $1 version, a $5, and a $10?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I seem to remember a "this app does nothing" app early on, that was a fundraiser for something.
    It seems that app (which was not associated with homebrew at all) was almost universally despised.

I personally thought it was a great app in the Self-Education category. It taught people to read the description before purchasing ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    speedtouch and sledge007 like this.
  11.    #11  
    I'll be buying it the moment my $50 credit goes live. Be sure to add other homebrew apps that I can download as well in order to support their efforts.
    Is someone getting an app list together? I'm all for putting my $50 towards any and all apps in the catalog developed by internals/preware developers. So far all I know about is the documentation app, which I already bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by fprimex View Post
    Is someone getting an app list together? I'm all for putting my $50 towards any and all apps in the catalog developed by internals/preware developers. So far all I know about is the documentation app, which I already bought.
    You can support Jason Robitaille by purchasing Canuck Coding apps. I am sure there are other homebrew coders who have apps on the App Catalog, but I just don't know them.
    they should raise the price so its a bigger donation. I mean it is free money were getting.
    it's not a donation. You are buying that app from a developer.

donations go through the paypal link
    I would love to get the vga emulator but sadly its not available for the touchpad.
    what 50 bucks are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it's not a donation. You are buying that app from a developer.

donations go through the paypal link
    Indeed, PayPal only takes 1% of the donations. HP takes 30% of the app purchase price. Apps are not a good way to receive donations.

http://donate.webos-internals.org/ is the direct link.

-- Rod
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Indeed, PayPal only takes 1% of the donations. HP takes 30% of the app purchase price. Apps are not a good way to receive donations.

WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals is the direct link.

-- Rod
    But since HP is giving us $50 to spend anyway, we might as well toss a few coins your direction.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast