View Poll Results: Are you going to support Homebrew?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm buying/have already bought Preware Homebrew Documentation.

96 82.76%
  • I will be making another donation to homebrew.

27 23.28%
  • Homebrew? What's that?

5 4.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    But since HP is giving us $50 to spend anyway, we might as well toss a few coins your direction.
    Thank you.

The point of having the Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the app catalog is four-fold:

1) It is a good reference for new users, and saves me spending valuable spare time answering new user questions.

2) By being a 5 star rated app, it is noticed by people who have never heard of homebrew before and gets them interested and involved.

3) Since it is in the official app catalog, it makes people feel less scared about homebrew in general.

4) It benefits me personally in a financial sense (to the tune of around $100 a month - not much but it helps incentivise). See http://bit.ly/webos-phd for more details about that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I will buy!!! Great work!
    i've purchased in on several profiles. It's the least I can do.
    Rod,

Please let the Homebrew developer network know that we would like to support any new apps they have in the pipeline. If they want to post here about any apps they are working on so we'll know what to hold our funds for that would be helpful. Thanks.
    All for One and One for All!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Rod,

Please let the Homebrew developer network know that we would like to support any new apps they have in the pipeline. If they want to post here about any apps they are working on so we'll know what to hold our funds for that would be helpful. Thanks.
    One of the things you can do is click on "Developer Apps" in the Marketplace. That will give you a list of all apps by that person.
    I was referring more to apps they were in the middle of developing and were coming out between now and Dec. The thought was if we knew what was coming we could set aside some of the credit and wait until it comes out. I would rather some of this money go to the Homebrew community than to non-Homebrew developers. Furthermore, I don't know who all the Homebrew developers are. Hence the request.
    All for One and One for All!
    I like this idea, but it would be nice if:
    1. We donated the money that we wouldve spent on our first purchase when we get the $50 credit
    2. The app had in-app purchasing to continue to donate to you guys, even though HP takes 30%

But I do like the fact that buying an app supports the developer, but also supports HP and hopefully will encourage them to bolster supporting homebrew.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  8.    #28  
    Done.
    Homebrew donation sent via HP Catalogue!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Preware Homebrew Documentation just purchased with $50 credit for early adopters.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Just bought the homebrew documentation!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentr View Post
    Preware Homebrew Documentation just purchased with $50 credit for early adopters.
    How do I get the credit? I purchased at Costco 7-8
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    How do I get the credit? I purchased at Costco 7-8
    Go to https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface and log in to your webos account.

Look for your promocode at the bottom. Not everyone is seeing them yet, so don't be discouraged if it isn't there yet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12