Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigwood212
  1.    #1  
    I want to take advantage of the $200 savings this weekend and get a touchpad. I plan on using the touchpad mostly for school, so I will be storing books (probably use an app), watch youtube videos (MIT opencourseware yay!!). I will be taking full advantage of the box.net app to store documents... I have drpoder for podcasts and spodify for music so those files are not going to take any space.

With my needs, do I realy need the 32gb touchpad? or should I save the $100 (I am a broke college student so the $100 matters)

thanks in advance
    cause you cant get the 16gb anymore it sold out completly at staples. Even the warehouse is empty and you can no longer order it. I just got back from staples lol. I got the 32gb though. Its great!

also you may watch movies and may be away from wifi somtimes.
    Agreed. That box only works when you're online. Movies you want to watch while you' re in a plane, for example, you need stored on the device. Books you should also store on the device....i can't imagine wifi is available over the entire campus.
    yea in reality box.net should be more of your backup location.

Still the 32gb is the only one you can get $200 off now so your choice is made.
  5.    #5  
    The bestbuy near me will honor the discount and they still have the touchpad in stock.
    You do have a point about the video and file support... urg im sooo conflicted. on the one hand I am a fan of webos and I am dying to get the touchpad, on the other I have no money; it would make more sense to get a laptop.. but webos!!!!!!
    You could get the $150 off one from ebay today: HP Touchpad 16GB WiFi 1.2GHz Tablet with WebOs | eBay
    my bestbuy told me they dont price match laptops and tablets. Also I thought it had to be in stock in the other store to price match it. When they check it shows it on the website.

you can try thought
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    You could get the $150 off one from ebay today: HP Touchpad 16GB WiFi 1.2GHz Tablet with WebOs | eBay
    True but for $50 bucks you get twice the memory. Its a ruff decision. Just make sure you get one cause its sick and I am lovin it.
    MobileBill23 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    True but for $50 bucks you get twice the memory. Its a ruff decision. Just make sure you get one cause its sick and I am lovin it.
    That's assuming you can find a Staples or a local competitor that will honor the extra coupon and still has stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    That's assuming you can find a Staples or a local competitor that will honor the extra coupon and still has stock.
    hes right. U better make your mind up fast lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by LvPepper View Post
    The bestbuy near me will honor the discount and they still have the touchpad in stock.
    You do have a point about the video and file support... urg im sooo conflicted. on the one hand I am a fan of webos and I am dying to get the touchpad, on the other I have no money; it would make more sense to get a laptop.. but webos!!!!!!
    I wouldn't agonize over it too much, go with what you can afford now. I know that my use would be similar to yours, in that I don't need a lot of on-device storage, so a long-time ago decided the 16G would be enough for me. Well, that went out the window when HP announced the 32G $50 rebate for early Pre users, then QVC went and bundled the case and touchstone for a discount, all told I paid about $10 more than the 32G Touchpad alone would have cost (not including taxes/shipping).

FYI, I uploaded a few movies to box.net. They're typically about 1GB, and take less than 10 minutes to pull down to the TP, so it's not like you need a lot of time on WiFi to get to a file, if you're concerned about being places without coverage. Also, I've been using mine in the car (ok, I haven't been using it, my daughter has while I'm driving) tethered to my Pre and it runs just fine.

Bottom line, I'm sure you won't regret going with 16GB if that helps your wallet.
    yea I wouldve got the 16gb but couldnt find it. I doubt I will fill up 32gb but now I am gonna try! I already had a free box.net account. I really like the touchpad app for it. It works well and downloads a good speed. I will be useing it as a backup for everything now. EVERYTHING.
    Because you will not always have WiFi.

Because you may want to watch movies on an airplane.

Because each movie is about 1.5GB. Your photos take up about 10GB and so does your music.

Can you name anyone who ever got a computer and wished it had less memory?

Get the $200 off Staples deal while you still can. Here are very good detailed instructions:

$200 off TouchPad at Staples?!

Here is the coupon and background.

Buy your TouchPad by the 7th. Regrets start on the 8th. $399 for the 32GB won't be back until Black Friday. Last chance.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/06/2011 at 09:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    most importantly, 50 gigs is nice, but there is no synergy. So its not really automatic =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Yea I missd out on the 16gb but now that I think about it with the 32gb I will never ever have to worry about moving stuff around or running out of space. hmmm. Eitherway go buy your touchpad and get on it.