Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes
    I really appreciate HP's appreciation of early adopters, and especially since it is in addition to the $50.00 TouchPad Touch Inspiration rebate. Thanks so much! I LOVE webOS!!!
    I'm getting really sick of this mindset that locales other then the U.S. Should not be given the same treatment with these rebates especially when they (as I have) should just as much be treated in the same manner for the same reasons. Canadians and Europeans HAVE been early adopters (I own a pre minus still to this day and am still ****ed off that it can't run flash as promised. Canadians and Europeans have been early adopters of the touchpad (bought on launch day, convinced another guy at the best buy to buy it as well and educated about 4 others in line for other tablets) and the price drop isn't appealing either. I would throw the lack of kindle on there if it wasn't for homebrew.

come on now....you have faithful in every area code.
    kjb86 likes this.
    i have to agree with you on this one. in fact, i cannot see the relevant of snail mail the forms. this is supposedly the internet age. surely with the user_ID logged with HP, the credit could have been given directly to the tablet owner who purchased within the period automatically with a mail notification c/w no conditions, no questions asked.

i am also with you on the geo-locking. it's crap. it hurts developers trying to sell their wares.
    but my rebate request is still not posted on the website. I just thought about registering the TP with HP. How are they deciding who to send the notice to: registration, rebate submission or profile?
    This is exactly what I hoped they'd do.

I bought the TP on launch day, and today I called Best Buy and asked if they'd match the sale price in store credit (I thought cash would be too much to ask for over a month later). They said OK, and gave me a hundred-dollar credit.

So between the legacy rebate (50) today's price match (100) and the software credit (50), I'm a pretty happy WebOS camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putt View Post
    but my rebate request is still not posted on the website. I just thought about registering the TP with HP. How are they deciding who to send the notice to: registration, rebate submission or profile?
    This link is on the first page of precentral

The Official HP Palm Blog: 100 more reasons to love the HP TouchPad

I think that link is a typo it should read " 100 more reasons for Americans to love the touchpad
    scarberian likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    This is exactly what I hoped they'd do.

I bought the TP on launch day, and today I called Best Buy and asked if they'd match the sale price in store credit (I thought cash would be too much to ask for over a month later). They said OK, and gave me a hundred-dollar credit.

So between the legacy rebate (50) today's price match (100) and the software credit (50), I'm a pretty happy WebOS camper.
    Good to know, I'll have to try the same tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Good to know, I'll have to try the same tomorrow.
    just to be clear, I called the local store I bought the TP at, made an agreement with somebody on the phone, then went to the store to get the credit. Not sure they'd do the whole thing by phone.
    I would love to spend $30 of that $50 on logmein ignition or less of course ;-) or picsel Office editing suite or ... sling .... where's the beef?
    I just got mine. first buy was preware doc. Oops, used my CC. then I got Gemini FM. did it right.

Any suggestions on what else to buy?
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123