Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    this is pretty awesome! Makes it right with early adopters in a way that will expand their experience while also rewarding early adopter developers. Not sure what my first app will be.
    This is totally unfair to those of us that have already spent more than $50 in the App Catalog. What if we early adopters that were also early app purchasers have already got what we want, do we get our money back? I doubt it!!!

/SarcasmOfCourse
    as I have never purchased an app because I don't have a CC tied to my account, the first app that I will buy will be..

PREWARE HOMEBREW DOCUMENTATION!!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Wow! There are some apps I've been wanting. Thanks, HP!
    Hope some cool apps come out before Dec 31....
    Thanks HP for supporting early adopters!

If you do some math, you can see that they will get $15 back to their kitty for every $50 they give to early adopters. Rest $35 will go to various developers' pocket..

In turn its a win-win for early adopters and developers and HP!! Nice..
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This is totally unfair to those of us that have already spent more than $50 in the App Catalog. What if we early adopters that were also early app purchasers have already got what we want, do we get our money back? I doubt it!!!

/SarcasmOfCourse
    Understood already, geez man give it a rest.
    WOW! hp rocks. I got my touchpad today but this really makes you realize hp is doing great things for customers.
    50 bucks is a lot of apps. I guess I will be getting some games. Sweet.
    tapnote
    kalem video player

not sure what after those
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

/SarcasmOfCourse
    Hey, HParsons

I can understand the frustration/sarcasm.. I have a tendency to get wrapped around the axle a bit, myself.
    BUT, on the positive side:
    A lot of folks who would probably never has spent $50 on S/ware will be doing so now.

The dev's portion (70 percent, I think...?) will encourage a lot more folk (and fund existing developers) to invest in toolkits, libraries, etc. which I think will expedite the development of a bunch of apps we're all hankering after.

So, Dev community, PLEASE... (y'know, the usual suspects... RDP/VNC clients, document editing, ...)

russ

p.s. in the interest of full disclosure, I have NOT yet purchased a TP. I am holding out on Opal (/name of the day for the 7" tablet), and verizon Pre3/Veer.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Your all welcome...

LOL, I'm kidding, BUt on Friday I did Tweet both S. DeWitt and R. Kerris the Following Tweet:

@swdathp Wow, so those of us who purchased early get screwed? How about something like a $100 gift card to the HP App Catalog or something?
    5 Aug

I'm happy, at least they are doing something for us early adopters...

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by WANDO RED View Post
    so what should we spend the $50 on? What will be your first purchase?
    Preware Homebrew Documentation. Let HP donate to them for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Preware Homebrew Documentation. Let HP donate to them for me.
    Don't forget Virtual Boy Advanced, they said the funds for that go straight to internals too right?

Maybe we should start up a list of which paid apps go to homebrew support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This is great news. Hopefully all the whining threads will fade away with this news.
    Well in the US maybe. Here in Canada looks like nothing. I still think getting one for 450 is still a fairly good deal though so i'm not complaining. Would be nice to have the app catalog credit though.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I guess we are not part of the Americas continent so Canada got a BIG ** well i guess this is expected still i Love my HP TP but $50 would be nice to try out the KalemSoft Media Player.
    redmist likes this.
    ya would be nice for HP to think outside America. The world is much larger.

but it is what it is
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Very cool! Seeing all the discounts was a bit of a bummer, but clearly the cost of being an early adopter and my choice.

What a great way for HP to say thanks AND to get more apps into the hands of users.

Can't want to spend a few bucks....making my list.
    HP credit only good for USA? Sure hope you re-think that and just make it a global credit. There's appsolutely......(oh no I didn't).....no reason to cut us out. I've spent about $40 in apps already TouchPad specific, and pretty sure I could find another $50 worth to download.

HOOK A BROTHER UP!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    HP credit only good for USA? Sure hope you re-think that and just make it a global credit. There's appsolutely......(oh no I didn't).....no reason to cut us out. I've spent about $40 in apps already TouchPad specific, and pretty sure I could find another $50 worth to download.

HOOK A BROTHER UP!!!!!
    I agree with you nice the Americans can be all happy I to am an early adapter but Canadian. This just is about enough to make me return it. Makes me feel as if I am not as good as Americans. Funny last time I checked I thought we both were human.

I to have spent more than a few bucks on apps for it. This last insult along with not having to use hp printer and palm/hp phone to get full integration has just about done it for me.

Having bought it at Costco I believe I can still return it.

Guess you other guys are wrong some of us are still crying!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast