Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I've got a launch day Pre on Sprint and was just about to move to Verizon and get a Pre2. Had no plans on getting a TouchPad. But thanks to the $100 off from HP and the Staples $100 coupon it was an offer I just couldn't resist. Now I've got a 16GB Pad being delivered on Tuesday and I ordered 2 replacement batteries so that I can stick with my Pre- on Sprint for a while longer. Now I can wait until the Pre3 comes out (eventually) and wait for the price to drop and any bugs to get worked out before I make the plunge. The TouchPad at that price changes everything for me. I'm even dumping my 7" Galaxy Tab since its no longer necessary. Thanks HP!
    I just bought three TouchPads from Staples. Used the in store $100 off and the printed Coupon. The Manager here in Utah said that HP has a contest for the Staple stores. I could not pass up the great deal. I paid $580 for mine a few weeks back.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I just bought three TouchPads from Staples. Used the in store $100 off and the printed Coupon. The Manager here in Utah said that HP has a contest for the Staple stores. I could not pass up the great deal. I paid $580 for mine a few weeks back.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Did you buy them to resell or for folks you know? Either way, good prices. I think they should have started at the 399 price point and set their profit margins at such points.
    I wonder how much they're losing at these discounted prices.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I got them for family members. Though I did think about selling them
    Verno329, turn that Pre- into a Pre2 by using the frankenpre process. It's not that hard and if you really think it's all that bad, I can do it for you if you trust me enough (I wouldn't blame you though lol). The only proof I have is my post count/thanks, and my new Pre2 I have on Sprint.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Verno329, turn that Pre- into a Pre2 by using the frankenpre process. It's not that hard and if you really think it's all that bad, I can do it for you if you trust me enough (I wouldn't blame you though lol). The only proof I have is my post count/thanks, and my new Pre2 I have on Sprint.
    How much does it cost to get a Pre 2 to do it?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    How much does it cost to get a Pre 2 to do it?
    That's been my biggest hesitation. I have never been able to find an unlocked Pre2 for cheaper than maybe $250. I think if I'm going to spend that much I want to get a Pre3. For now I can continue using my Pre- as long as I have a fresh battery. I'm even kicking around the idea of a free on contract Veer to use in tandem with my TouchPad.
    I was planning on a Samsung Galaxy S2 when released on sprint without ever getting a tablet because the only tab I wanted was this one. The 299 price changed that to waiting till the new webos phones come out, even if its next summer.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Right there with you millworkman. The tablet should minimize the amount of time I'm relying on my phone so I can deal with my Pre- longer or switch to a Veer. The price drop was the motivation I needed.