Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spade
  1.    #1  
    I was in Costco today. I saw the touchpad and wanted to see if it had the new update. Well, the touchpad wasn't on and it was under a full plate of glass. Is this not the dumbest thing you've ever seen? How do they expect people to buy one if they can't try it?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sorli likes this.
    Yeah, that is a fail. They need to get a better display set up.
    Wow. That's a unique way to display a touch-only tablet.

But it looks like that's the way HP intended to have it displayed. It's an official HP display, right?
    maybe its because members just buy it and since Costco has a great return policy they just can return it :-)
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Wow. That's a unique way to display a touch-only tablet.

But it looks like that's the way HP intended to have it displayed. It's an official HP display, right?
    They did the same thing when they had the Xoom in store. They left the Iconia tablet out while they had that one in store though. Must be there policy based on the tablet price.
    its on but runs demo app under glass at my costco
    My local Sam's Club has a demo unit out, but it's sitting on the activation screen waiting to be connected to WiFi! How lame are some of the employees who do this stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    maybe its because members just buy it and since Costco has a great return policy they just can return it :-)
    I might agree except Costco has the demo model of the Acer tablet accessible for customers to try out.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    It was on and under glass at my Costco. I thought it was funny, especially since the demo app says in big letters "try me."
    Heheee....that is hilarious! Thanks and what were they thinking? Actually, may be a bad part of town and many Walmarts no longer display prime-time items like iPads and TouchPads because people break the security cables and steal them. So much for Walmart Security. Sorli...
    Did you ask to try it?
    NEW! The HP Don'tTouchPad!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The costco where I bought mine was the same display, hidden under a glass case, but right next to it was the acer iconia, and it was not in case! So you could touch and play, while with the TP, all you could do was look at it and say hmm... next.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Heheee....that is hilarious! Thanks and what were they thinking? Actually, may be a bad part of town and many Walmarts no longer display prime-time items like iPads and TouchPads because people break the security cables and steal them. So much for Walmart Security. Sorli...
    prior to TP launch the Wal-Mart near my work removed all display tablets, they still have the spot for them and even the price tags, but everything is below where the displays would be behind locked glass. Did have a tag in front of the tps showing as advertised thr other day.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...