Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By qurgh
  1.    #1  
    Is there ANY way AT ALL to change the system fonts on the HP Touchpad?

I did some searching but all I saw was this (app?) in Preware & wondered if this allows you to change fonts or is it for something else,,,,I dont want to just install random things I'm not sure about,,,but if its not what I thought it was,,,,,then is there any other way to accomplish font changing?

Here is what I was talking about:
    "webOS plqad keyboard and font installer" ( webOS pIqad keyboard and font installer | Wizage.NET ). I found it in preware but this is its webpage.

Thanx in advance
    Unless you can read Klingon, I wouldn't install that one!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Unless you can read Klingon, I wouldn't install that one!
    LoL Klingon is not really my thing.....

Seriously though,,,, if it can change to that font then why not others?
    Quote Originally Posted by xexeri View Post
    LoL Klingon is not really my thing.....

Seriously though,,,, if it can change to that font then why not others?
    I am sure that it's possible if that guy can do it. But I don't know of any other font-changing apps or patches out there. Maybe other folks will know.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I am sure that it's possible if that guy can do it. But I don't know of any other font-changing apps or patches out there. Maybe other folks will know.
    Bummer.....Thats a request that is super super high on my Touchpad wishlist. Guess I'll just have to sit tight & see if one of these super talented people here gets the urge to customize the fonts for their own TPs. I'm pretty decent with technology but not with programming or anything like that unfortunately..... So I shall wait ;-)

Thanx for responding!
    All I did was edit the font files that are on the device. I've also done this for the TouchPad , but I haven't released it yet. There is no way, that I know of, to add new font files yet.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by qurgh View Post
    All I did was edit the font files that are on the device. I've also done this for the TouchPad , but I haven't released it yet. There is no way, that I know of, to add new font files yet.
    is there any chance you'd like to show me? LoL
    bump, would love to change fonts.
    Me to, make it a little more personal :-)
    I needed the Greek Extended characters for a Greek New Testament app I'm writing and I have had success with getting the fonts to display two different ways.

First, I did what has been mentioned previously in this thread and I modified an existing font on the Touchpad to include the characters I needed. I basically just used fontforge to copy and paste the characters from Gentium Plus to Times New Roman and then put my modified Times New Roman back on the Touchpad. This worked fine except for one or two characters which still showed the empty square block.

The second way, and the way I prefer, was to copy the font I wanted (Gentium Plus) to the /usr/share/fonts directory and reboot the Touchpad. With my test app I was able to see the font and all of the characters I needed without any problems.
    there are fonts in preware but im not sure whats going on with them now ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Bump, again, someone has to be able to figure it out.
  13.    #13  
    I was going to purchase an android tablet just because you can change fonts on it but I'd rather use my touchpad. Please figure this out someone.
    Ummmm...What are the locations of those files?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by xexeri View Post
    I was going to purchase an android tablet just because you can change fonts on it
    Really??