Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    hi, I can't decide which is best at 1.7ghz. Uberkernel, warthog or f15 eagle. Is there any real difference in performance between them?
  2.    #2  
    in response to my own thread I have so far noticed warthog to be fastest when set at 1.7 . I have set my govnah to on ondemand and upped the low freq to 374. This has made the biggest difference as apps load much faster. I tried a little experiment.

    I ran the engadget web page from cold without caching and it took 40 seconds to complete the page load. This time was exactly halved to 20 seconds with warthog set as above.
  3. #3  
    20 seconds to load the engadget home page?! seriously? wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by perrin21 View Post
    in response to my own thread I have so far noticed warthog to be fastest when set at 1.7 . I have set my govnah to on ondemand and upped the low freq to 374. This has made the biggest difference as apps load much faster. I tried a little experiment.

    I ran the engadget web page from cold without caching and it took 40 seconds to complete the page load. This time was exactly halved to 20 seconds with warthog set as above.
  4. #4  
    I would love to see a guide explaining what all these modes mean and how they differ (ondemand, screenstate, performance etc.) I have no clue which one(s) to use.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  5. #5  
    If you click on the blue button in Govnah, it will explain what they do.
  6. TimBoch's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #6  
    I originally downloaded the UberKernel and ran it in the ondemand mode and all seemed pretty good. After F15C was released in the testing feed, I switched to that and it seemt to really fly, though I did notice a faster battery drop. I updated F15C when it got the screenstate option which is how I have been running my many Pre+, but it would lock up my TouchPad requiring a hard reset, so I went back to ondemand. Seeing that the battery drain was a little too quick for my wishes. I want back to UberKernal and run it 1.512 and it still seems pretty snappy and the battery drain is better for me. Watched a 2 hour movie and it had a pretty normal drain. Think I'll stay with UberKernal for now and see how the others progress. Thanks to the kernel developers for their hard work to make the TouchPad a great tool.
    Tim Boche

    Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  7. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #7  
    Where do you get warthog and F15C from? They don't seem to be in Preware (I tried a search). I've got Unerkernel installed.

    Alan
    [Webos 3.0.2]
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Where do you get warthog and F15C from? They don't seem to be in Preware (I tried a search). I've got Unerkernel installed.

    Alan
    [Webos 3.0.2]
    You need to install the testing feeds in Preware by following the rules and instructions here.
  9. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #9  
    Thank you - I'll stick with Uberkernel for now (seems like a lot of effort for 0.2Ghz)

    Alan
  10. #10  
    Webpage loading is not an accurate indicator.

    Sunspider is.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  11. #11  
    Hi everyone. I got lucky during the firesale and picked up the 32GB yesterday (Staples pricematched Walmart - WIN!).

    I've been playing with this thing for like 30 hours straight and just got around to the overclocking. I successfully got it up to 1.5 with uberkernel BUT NOW I wanna take it a step further and install F15 or WARTHOG. ***My question is this: Do I need to uninstall uberkernel before installing a different one???

    Thanks in advanced - I look forward to being a part of the community!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    Hi everyone. I got lucky during the firesale and picked up the 32GB yesterday (Staples pricematched Walmart - WIN!).

    I've been playing with this thing for like 30 hours straight and just got around to the overclocking. I successfully got it up to 1.5 with uberkernel BUT NOW I wanna take it a step further and install F15 or WARTHOG. ***My question is this: Do I need to uninstall uberkernel before installing a different one???

    Thanks in advanced - I look forward to being a part of the community!
    yes, at least for F15, because when it installs it checks weather any of the target files have already been modified and if you have uberkernel, this check will fail and it won't install. i just tried, then uninstalled uber and f15 installed fine.

Posting Permissions