Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MobileBill23
  1.    #1  
    Is that no matter how long I play with my HP Touchpad, it NEVER EVER gets hot,,,,,or even too warm. It literally stays cool & sometimes I'm on it for hours & hours!

my android tablet AND my iPhone 4 both get super hot within a short period of time & I hate that.

just thought I'd share.....lol
    I noticed that, too. I have never felt any heat from my TP, other than when I lift it off the Touchstone.
  3.    #3  
    I dont understand why all these lap type devices arent like that. Ive had lots of laptops, tablets...etc....& this is literally the only one with this benefit....I wonder why.

oh & since you mentioned it....I love the touchstone too! I really hope this device catches on.
    ya I would rather not have my tablet slowly cook my lap tissue if you known what I mean. Males in general ;-(
    Really? Mine feels warm.. .not hot..but warm, and that's just on the first day... Now Im worried...
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    I though thats a common feature of all tablets, they all use similar parts, don't they?
    You know what? I just thought about why I never feel my TP getting hot or warm. I have the HP case on it. Duh.....no wonder I never feel any heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    You know what? I just thought about why I never feel my TP getting hot or warm. I have the HP case on it. Duh.....no wonder I never feel any heat.
    Other than pulling it off the TS, I get a mild warmth for a minute... can't complain as the warmth is power going thru a case and the back of a device to charge the battery... That alone gives the TP a leg up on the other tablet devices.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have the 1.728GHz kernel and even at that speed and heavy usage its sill doesn't get warm.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  10.    #10  
    I don't have a case & it still doesn't get warm for me...even after hours & hours of use. One of my fav features (along with having numbers right above keyboard like a regular keyboard,,,, I hate having to switch kb screen just to type a number).
    It's probably because of all that FAT extra space HP put into this thing. To think, I'm being denied lap-heat because this thing is .2 inches thicker than the others.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    It's probably because of all that FAT extra space HP put into this thing. To think, I'm being denied lap-heat because this thing is .2 inches thicker than the others.
    Well, so you have the thinner ones and got heat?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Well, so you have the thinner ones and got heat?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Do you have a point hiding in there somewhere?
    I'm confused, I've used a couple of different tablets for extended periods and I've never had any of them "get hot."

Which tablets in particular have you expereinced getting hot in normal usage?

-Suntan
    Do you have a point hiding in there somewhere?
    My point? You seems to suggest that touchpad's thickness is directly related to less heat, I wonder if you reached that conclusion based on some comparison you performed with thinner tablets.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    My point? You seems to suggest that touchpad's thickness is directly related to less heat, I wonder if you reached that conclusion based on some comparison you performed with thinner tablets.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I'm not suggesting anything, you drew parallels to other devices. I merely, and rather tongue-in-cheek I might add, stated that it could be the OP didn't feel heat because of the extra thickness that's been harped on by TouchPad naysayers - which by most accounts is due to empty space (given the threads on the back flexing that I've seen).

Of course, any real analysis is moot as I was merely poking fun at the fat tablet and its detractors.
    Of course, any real analysis is moot as I was merely poking fun at the fat tablet and its detractors.
    Aha, thanks for clarify this, sorry didn't get that.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    With the exception of Tablet PCs, I've never used a tablet (iPad, iPad2, Xoom, 10.1, Galaxy Tab, Transformer, Viewsonic G-Tablet) for an extended period of time that even got close to feeling warm after four hours of playing video. Now, I don't have much experience with tablets with 3G/LTE/WiMAX radios. Even my Pre- didn't get hot if I was only using WIFI.