Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SunRise
  • 3 Post By cawhalen
  1.    #1  
    Here it is folks. You can view the numbers however you like. Some will scoff at the 612 total TouchPads sold through Woot today. Others will say, wow a TouchPad was sold every 2 min 21 seconds.

Is the glass half empty, or half full. You decide!

Maybe everyone saw "Wow! You can get it for $300 at Staples" and forgot about Woot.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Maybe everyone saw "Wow! You can get it for $300 at Staples" and forgot about Woot.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. If Staples didn't have that $100 deal on top of HP's $100 price drop, I'm sure more people would have bought it through Woot.

I also hear Office Max has been price matching Staples' coupon as well, so there are a lot of people that went out to stores to buy them. I'm sure many more will continue to do so over the weekend.
    Yea very likely a lot of the people that would buy from Woot would also be the people that would find out about that deal as well.
    most interesting stats were the first time wooters and the joined todayers.
    compare it with the HP laptop that was on soldout.woot.com, i'm too lazy too look.
    Only 612, but maybe they're happy?

I sincerely hope they update to 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Hmmm... 612 is not even a blip on the radar. We're talking millions and millions of Ipads sold. I'm curious as to how OD, OM, BB, and Staples did.
    Friiday night Amazon bestseller list for tablets: Touchpad 16 GB is number 2 and 32 GB is number 4
    sledge007 and sorli like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Hmmm... 612 is not even a blip on the radar. We're talking millions and millions of Ipads sold. I'm curious as to how OD, OM, BB, and Staples did.
    but we are also talking about one day, on a site for bargain hunters... A site that didn't even have the days best bargain.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    People, can we stop with the Ipad envy? HP (Android at that) will never match IPad sales in any environment. I get exhausted reading about comparisons to IPad with every stat and feature. On the broader scale, I understand more HP sales equate to more market share which further equates to developer interest. But comparing any Touchpad sales figure to Ipad's is, to me, useless.
    kjb86, sorli and russraff32 like this.
    I agree. What I think would be really interesting would be if we could get the WOOT stats by the hour. Curious if the 1 touchpad per 2 mins was an average taken over the entire day? I was ready to purchase on WOOT until I saw the threads that starting popping up on fatwallet, slickdeals, etc. and then I've been sitting on the sidelines to see if Staples would continue to honor the deal through this weekend. I have a birthday coming up you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. If Staples didn't have that $100 deal on top of HP's $100 price drop, I'm sure more people would have bought it through Woot.

I also hear Office Max has been price matching Staples' coupon as well, so there are a lot of people that went out to stores to buy them. I'm sure many more will continue to do so over the weekend.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    I agree. What I think would be really interesting would be if we could get the WOOT stats by the hour. Curious if the 1 touchpad per 2 mins was an average taken over the entire day? I was ready to purchase on WOOT until I saw the threads that starting popping up on fatwallet, slickdeals, etc. and then I've been sitting on the sidelines to see if Staples would continue to honor the deal through this weekend. I have a birthday coming up you know.

The 2 min 21 sec is an average. You can check the chart above and see that they do give the stats by the hour. However it's as a percentage, so you'll have to do the math to get the numbers.

Seems like between 9am - 10am is the hour they sold the most. About 73 TouchPads in that hour.
    I live in canada and staples dose a price match so I got this deal from staples :-)