Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By savagerodent
  1.    #1  
    So I got my new touchpad today and I haven't even made it to the home screen yet
    Two things: first of all (not sure if this is an issue or not) the wifi network selector before the tos pops up and I can select my network/it connects(blue check mark) but the screen never goes away or lets me agree to the tos

I can get around this problem by rebooting the touchpad, and it lets me agree to tos and create/sign into an account

This is where the real problem is. Once I sign in the re is a turning circle loading image that appears and just stays there. No error message or anything. It does know if I put in a wrong password and will let me reset my password so I'm not sure if its a network issue. Also i can see online that the touchpad is registered to my account.

I have already spent a good amount of time on the phone with hp and that went as far as running doctor for it. Has anyone else had this problem/ knows how to help? This has not been as fun as a first experience with webos as I would have hoped
    start by disabling security on your WiFi router to make sure nothing is hindering access to the internet.
    Maybe use your computer to go online and change the password on your webOS Account? Then try to sign in again on the TouchPad.
    We have not done four Touchpads (not many, but this is an interesting 'quirk') and it has been reported to HP:

We have tried to do the initial registration on two wireless systems that were using MAC address authentication only - no go. I have not verified that a completely open wifi access point is the same or not. But on a MAC authenticated one (where the MAC address of the Wifi card in the Touchpad) was pre-authenticated (no no password was required) it WOULD NOT authenticate on the network. We had to remove the MAC authentication and change to something like WPA to make it work.

If this turns out to be your problem, please report back.

Note: this was just for the initial webos account authentication/creation. MAC authentication works fine once this is completed on the Touchpad.
    Last edited by Prdamrican; 08/06/2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: additional thoughts added.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Unfortunately nothing has worked so far. I tried it with changing my password online(which my touchpad could tell it was changed) and with an open(no filtering/security code or anything else) and also with a wpa2 passcode.
    Quote Originally Posted by savagerodent View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Unfortunately nothing has worked so far. I tried it with changing my password online(which my touchpad could tell it was changed) and with an open(no filtering/security code or anything else) and also with a wpa2 passcode.
    Geez. What a mess. Would you consider Doctoring your TP?
    instead of doctoring, go to someone else's house and try their wifi connection.
  8.    #8  
    cantaffordit- this is exactly what I did and it fixed the problem. There must have been something blocking it in my connection. Thanks for the help everyone :-)
    speedtouch likes this.
    Hooray!! Now, it's time to troubleshoot your wifi setup.