Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58
Like Tree48Likes
  1. #21  
    Anyone know if these deals apply to Canada? I haven't had the chance to look it up myself. If I can get in on the $200 off, I'd consider buying a second one for the gf

    nevermind, saw in another thread USA only.
    Last edited by sledge007; 08/06/2011 at 05:10 AM.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    For all the naysayers that are convinced TouchPads are not selling...

    Before you respond with "they are only sold out because of the coupon" - think a little about what that means about the demand curve. If $400 = sold out within hours, then the price point should be higher because there is demand far outstripping supply.
    right, its like you want to call both heads and tails for ya.

    Why don't we just wait for the sale numbers before making cheerful analysis about the price?
  3. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    update: There is no evernote app for the touchpad and scrolling on the evernote site with the touchpad does not work This is a big business minus and reason to return for me.
    Evernote for TP in the works. Pre version works on TP too.
    TouchPad Apps - Evernote

    I also noticed copy/paste does not work well. I copied a url from an email, I couldn't paste it into the web browser. The option was not there.
    Strange claim. Tapping a URL in Mail opens the URL automatically. Why would you copy and paste?

    There is no SSH application. This is also important for me for work.
    Alas, this is correct and one reason my iPad2 trumps my TP. You can run ssh from xterm, but the key bindings for esc/control/arrows aren't there.

    I went to digitalblasphamy.com because i was looking for a new background. tapped and held on the photo, no option to save the image.
    Now you're being absurd. There are two options in this situation that fit your "need": "Copy to Photos" which saves it to your photos directory and "Set as Wallpaper" which copies it and sets it as your background. I just did it and it works.

    I really want to like this tablet, but it's just not complying with what I want to do
    Other than ssh, what is there then?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    ArloBigwater likes this.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    If Staples had just 20 per store, it would still be 80,000 units sold through JUST Staples. HP is in a lot more retailers than just Staples. Right now, the TouchPad occupies the number 2 and number 5 position on Amazon's top tablet sales list. I wouldn't be shocked if HP would have moved half a million TouchPads or more by the time this weekend is over. Not iPad territory, but solid sales, especially considering the initial reviews.
    All Staples in Boston were sold out by 8:30, but once I had made the buy decision, I was determined, and ended up buying one at Best Buy. That may have been the intention - spike demand with a ridiculous double promotion, then drive sales at other outlets. Even if Staples did not have a significant inventory, there may well be monster sales numbers this weekend.
  5. #25  
    I bet the ipad2 doesnt run as fast as the commercials for it.

    I bet you can't drive your truck to the top of mountains like commercials.

    If you are expecting it to be like the commercials then you clearly dont know every commercial with software in itis edited to make it look faster. Most cell phones can load a website in the blink of an eye. GPS is bang on and faster then ever.

    I understand your complaints and if it doesnt work for you then I would return it too. I have not gotten one cause one I'm broke, two I dont really see a need for it in my house without multiple Logins.

    I've said it before. This is fisrt Gen product and HP will have an amazing 2012/13 year with 100's of products soon.
    mperkinsky likes this.
  6. #26  
    honestly I had a ipad 2 before getting the TP. Now mind you before the update it was a bit laggy, though with the patchs it ran fine. Now after the UPdate and OC to 1.7 this tablet outperforms the Ipad 2. Not just things like its easier to navigate, with the way the TP handles applications(cards), not just because how it makes syncing info, and handling notifications is very clean and non burdening. Not just how it supports flash (and better then my laptop might I add) but because it does do all that I need to do that I can on a laptop (besides my pre recording, since theres no software for that). You also cant compare Ipad sales to HP, or any android because Ipad is established so you are comparing apples to oranges. To me with Webos's first attempt at the tablet market they not only did that much more better then any first and second generation android tablet, Webos also has the potential (like it always has) to become one of the top 2 companies in the mobile space period. To me this is just the start, and so far its a very good one.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    Give it 14 days, lets wait to see how many get returned. I just got my 32GB from staples today. So far i'm disappointed with the small scaled apps, slight lag, and can't pair it with my pre
    It definitely pairs with the Pre. I just paired mine last night.
  8. #28  
    Also, OP, stop using apple in your thread title. You really dont want to start this comparison.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    It definitely pairs with the Pre. I just paired mine last night.
    I also found this easy to do when I tried it yesterday, and I have never even used Bluetooth previously. It does not seem to work for SMS however, but I think maybe that feature requires a Veer or Preł.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I also found this easy to do when I tried it yesterday, and I have never even used Bluetooth previously. It does not seem to work for SMS however, but I think ,maybe that feature requires a Veer or Preł.
    Actually, it requires a webOS version greater than 2.1 to enable SMS. HP says they're working on that update.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    ...Other than ssh, what is there then?
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    ... there definitely is no rear camera like they have you believing on those commercials where people hold it up to their face...
    I think he's wanting to be able to hold in front of his face, and have it display his head, like the commercial...

    OK, seriously now. I really think many of his complaints have more to do with lack of familiarity with the device. Many folks will be disappointed if they pick it up, and expect it to work the way other devices do. The TP isn't a Windows tablet, and it's not an iPad. Some of the "familiar" ways (for whatever device you're used to) are different on the TP. In addition to the (mistaken) complaint that you mentioned about saving web images, I've seen complaints that you can't add address from emails (tap and hold on the sender's name), there's no "compose mail" option in email (yeah, it's there, an icon at the bottom of the middle pane), and a host of others that just really amount to "it's done a different way". That doesn't make it wrong.
    rlopin likes this.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    It definitely pairs with the Pre. I just paired mine last night.
    I had been running 2.1 on my Pre-. Yesterday, I redoctored to 1.4.5. I had forgotten to re-pair it to my TP, and wasn't sure it would work. Just did it, and it does.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    right, its like you want to call both heads and tails for ya.

    Why don't we just wait for the sale numbers before making cheerful analysis about the price?
    Why don't we not? Seriously; this is a webOS enthusiast forum. There are plenty of doom and gloom predictions about the inevitable failure of HP and their products, all done without waiting for "sales numbers" to come in. Why should someone have to wait before making a cheerful analysis? Are you promoting the idea that only negatives analysis' should be permitted?

    There is little doubt that the stacked promotions this weekend are going to boost sales, especially with the (I suspect unexpected) price matching from Staples' competitors.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why don't we not? Seriously; this is a webOS enthusiast forum. There are plenty of doom and gloom predictions about the inevitable failure of HP and their products, all done without waiting for "sales numbers" to come in. Why should someone have to wait before making a cheerful analysis? Are you promoting the idea that only negatives analysis' should be permitted?

    There is little doubt that the stacked promotions this weekend are going to boost sales, especially with the (I suspect unexpected) price matching from Staples' competitors.
    Im promoting speaking with numbers. Im against "yes i win, no i win too" argument. clear?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Im promoting speaking with numbers. Im against "yes i win, no i win too" argument. clear?
    And I'm for letting webOS enthusiasts be enthusiastic on a webOS enthusiast's forum.

    HP doesn't release sales figures for individual devices. This has been discussed with you before, so I know you're aware of it. So I take a pretty slanted view of your "I'm promoting speaking with numbers". If that's the requirement, then it won't be discussed on here. Yet, I suspect you will continue to do so, without the numbers.

    It's not all bad, in spite of the naysayers. As I said, there is little doubt in any reasonable person's mind that the numbers for this weekend are good; whether we decided to wait to hear from HP or not.
    GodShapedHole likes this.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And I'm for letting webOS enthusiasts be enthusiastic on a webOS enthusiast's forum.

    HP doesn't release sales figures for individual devices. This has been discussed with you before, so I know you're aware of it. So I take a pretty slanted view of your "I'm promoting speaking with numbers". If that's the requirement, then it won't be discussed on here. Yet, I suspect you will continue to do so, without the numbers.

    It's not all bad, in spite of the naysayers. As I said, there is little doubt in any reasonable person's mind that the numbers for this weekend are good; whether we decided to wait to hear from HP or not.
    i never discussed about if Hp release individual figures with anyone, and I never engaged in such discussion here or anywhere, and I am expecting numbers coming on on Aug 16 or 18th at HP's conference.

    I have the patience to wait and see.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i never discussed about if Hp release individual figures with anyone, and I never engaged in such discussion here or anywhere, and I am expecting numbers coming on on Aug 16 or 18th at HP's conference.

    I have the patience to wait and see.
    You were part of this discussion http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...figures-4.html and it was mentioned.

    I'll repeat, HP doesn't typically release model specific sales numbers. I don't expect an exception for the Touchpad.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Also, OP, stop using apple in your thread title. You really dont want to start this comparison.
    Have you seen the movie "Good Will Hunting?"

    "Do you like apples?"
    "uh yeah"
    "Well I got her numbah. How do ya like dem apples?"

    Any resemblance to fruit companies, real or fictional, is purely coincidental. But thanks for playing. Better luck next time.
    hparsons likes this.
  19. #39  
    You were part of this discussion http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...figures-4.html and it was mentioned.



    I'll repeat, HP doesn't typically release model specific sales numbers. I don't expect an exception for the Touchpad.
    If the company never share device numbers, they're only would do it if the Touchpad have record numbers (and obviously this isn't going to happen).

    Naysayers wont need more to say it has failed.
    Newness Developments apps:

  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    If the company never share device numbers, they're only would do it if the Touchpad have record numbers (and obviously this isn't going to happen).

    Naysayers wont need more to say it has failed.
    Exactly. Or "some" of them may say "Let's wait until the numbers are out before we call it a success" (knowing they don't release those kinds of numbers).

    It's a fun world.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions