Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And browser does not remember passwords, what you described has nothing to do with rememberig password, see explaination above.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I have this app called SecuStore2....stores all my passwords. There's this other thing called copy/paste, works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshotz View Post
    been on the sidelines of forums for years. Taking in all the do's n donts. Passive . This is by far the most helpful forum so I'm going to enter the fray.

I've bought 5 tablets in one year and right now I'm typing on the one that suits me best: HP Touchpad.

ipad1,Samsung galaxy Tab7, Asus transformer, BB playbook and now the touchpad .

I've tried all the major tablet OS. Nothing handles webpages better than webOS . Playbook comes close but they've not had the overclocking that is available here.

issues : no doc editor.copy and paste is not available across all text apps i.e I can't copy and paste from what I'm typing now onto the memo pad.
    no out of the box support for AVI movie files etc.
    no camera app. Wish the bezel could be put to more use like the playbook.

plusses: best web experience so far on a tablet. Good support from this forum which helped me overclock to the speed where the tab should be in the first place. Good sound system thanks to the patch. Good handling of memory. Less lag when ,multiple apps or cards are opened or out of memory issues compared to other tabs..

what's next to expect:
    the webOS eco will grow hopefully with continued support from HP and more devs coming onto webOS after todays discounts.
    wait till the integration with webOS phone. I'm going to get the pre 3 myself.
    Welcome to PreCentral, sureshotz, and thanks for your review.
    Nice comments, concise info, and reviews! I'm a huge supporter for webOS, so I try to temper my excitement and get right to what I like and dislike.

Dislike - lets get this out of the way since the list is shorter.

Copy and Paste is my primary annoyance with 3.0.2. It became less of a problem with the update and autocorrect fixing major hang-ups, but it still needs work.

Browsing and interfacing needs some work. WebOS is good, but not all pages render properly and the platform relies heavily on browsing...so this should be Perfect! A lot of pinching and zooming, inconsistent scrolling, stored passwords, and other annoyances could use some work.

App selection...more are coming, but this is webOS' biggest problem.

What I love about webOS!

Everything else! Flash support, video playback from every web (Hulu, CBS, Fox News, etc), Email, Synergy, Notifications, and the list goes on and on. Everything about webOS is simply easier...IOS and Android have no clue when it comes to simplicity. I watch movies, browse the web (all of it without restrictions), and get things done without hang up and much effort. Wife owns a rooted Nook Color that we hacked simply to make it more like webOS and we still can't get it right. The Nook is usable, but she still upset that I can login to my NAS from my TouchPad and watch movies instantly and from anywhere, pull up Hulu for free viewing (Android not supported), and simply get things done quickly without road blocks.

Most everything app wise I need in a tablet is already included in webOS (web, email, eReader, calendar, music/video). Missing...popular games and app everyone expects and I believe they're on the way. Netflix and Document Editing will arrive real soon and these additions will fill the gap most users think they need filled. Personally, I could live without both of them, but tablet manufacturers should provide what the public demands.

For me, the TouchPad is simply Easier! Sorli
    Last edited by sorli; 08/06/2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Gaurav likes this.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your input! i just gotta hope my uncle can get one in time before the all the offers end!

one question.. is the brightness of the screen an issue? all reviews ive read/watched complain about how the screen isnt bright enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgie View Post
    Thanks for all your input! i just gotta hope my uncle can get one in time before the all the offers end!

one question.. is the brightness of the screen an issue? all reviews ive read/watched complain about how the screen isnt bright enough?
    Yeah, I think it's not as bright as it should be. I tend to keep mine at 75% brightness and it's not super bright. But it works fine indoors. I haven't used my TP outside yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Yeah, I think it's not as bright as it should be. I tend to keep mine at 75% brightness and it's not super bright. But it works fine indoors. I haven't used my TP outside yet.
    Yes outside can be a problem and it may have to do with the glare coming from the reflective display, but I'm not sure. This may be a problem for you if you're like many Kindle or eBook readers using their eInk displays almost anywhere. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    sadly there is none instock in any of myy uncles local staples
    Try Office Depot and Office Max. I've heard they honor the Staples $100 off coupon. Don't forget to try Best Buy and Walmart, too. Also, if you have on nearby, Best Buy Mobile sells TPs.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    gunna try get them to order one in to the store for collection
    speedtouch likes this.

There is an auto dim function that darkens the screen a little too much for my taste. You can turn the function off by going to Screen & Lock and Auto Dim is first function.
    For an unbiased opinion, I would recommend (always) to read Anandtech review. It's pre-3.0.2, so some performance issues should be corrected by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I have this app called SecuStore2....stores all my passwords. There's this other thing called copy/paste, works for me.
    I still think remebering passwords is a dangerous thing on a tablet. Especially if you do banking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I still think remebering passwords is a dangerous thing on a tablet. Especially if you do banking.
    It's encrypted. It's not stored in plain text.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    one thing that reviewers never seem to mention is about gestures? now i know there is no gesture area but there is the swipe up, is there any other 'advance gestures' that allow you to scroll through cards like i can on my pre?
    Yes, I owned one for 2 weeks before returing it, video was not tolerable for me.

And browser does not remember passwords, what you described has nothing to do with rememberig password, see explaination above.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    most IT folks wouldn't want the pw remember feature since it becomes a huge security risk. I can't believe people do that **** at my work all the time, bugs me and we are on secured desktops.

still amazes me that MS made this a common feature that some see as a need
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    most IT folks wouldn't want the pw remember feature since it becomes a huge security risk. I can't believe people do that **** at my work all the time, bugs me and we are on secured desktops.

still amazes me that MS made this a common feature that some see as a need
    every browser in the market except touchpad has this function. and there is a yes/no popup/banner for users.

you really want to argue this is a bad function and Touchpad is great in not having it?
    not arguing that to shouldn't have it, just saying its stupid as he'll that people use it so much to expect it.

I have never used that feature in any browser, it is a huge ****ing security risk
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    speedtouch likes this.
    one thing that reviewers never seem to mention is about gestures? now i know there is no gesture area but there is the swipe up, is there any other 'advance gestures' that allow you to scroll through cards like i can on my pre?
    Unfortunately, not at this time.

It's worth noting though, that in the initial beta versions of webOS 3, that swipe up feature wasn't present. Testers missed the gestures so much, it was added. Now that webOS 3 is "out in the wild", I'm hoping more pressure will bear to give us more gesture features.
    every browser in the market except touchpad has this function. and there is a yes/no popup/banner for users.

you really want to argue this is a bad function and Touchpad is great in not having it?
    I'll repeat, my TouchPad remembers passwords just fine. I've not entered my password for this forum since I first logged into it on my TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Unfortunately, not at this time.

It's worth noting though, that in the initial beta versions of webOS 3, that swipe up feature wasn't present. Testers missed the gestures so much, it was added. Now that webOS 3 is "out in the wild", I'm hoping more pressure will bear to give us more gesture features.
    ahh okay, i was thinking that maybe a 3 finger swipe could/would be implemented instead of the gesture area, im sure if HP dont pick up on it theres a chance homebrew will
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast