Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Thanks to everybody who offered advice. After an hour and forty minutes on the phone with both HP Butler Service and GoDaddy support, I can finally send email from my TouchPad. The problem was with GoDaddy, not the TouchPad.

The GoDaddy rep was very cordial and willing to help, but all she'd been taught to do was to check my account settings, which were correct. She consulted several times with the advanced tech crew, and finally one of them had the bright idea of setting my SMTP relays on that account to zero, and then resetting them back to 250 (or whatever the standard number is). For reasons I don't understand, that worked. I have no idea what the problem was, how it happened, or why resetting my relays solved it, but that's how I got outgoing email service on my TouchPad.

One extra tit-bit of information came out of this long telephone session: the GoDaddy support rep told me that, although GoDaddy doesn't tell you this anywhere on its web site that I can find, you're allowed outgoing email service on only one GoDaddy account on any mobile device--at least with POP mail accounts. I don't have an IMAP account with GoDaddy, so I don't know if that rule applies to those. You can receive mail from any number of GoDaddy accounts on any number of devices, as far as I can tell, but you can send outgoing mail from only one GoDaddy account per device.

That's lousy, as it greatly limits the usefulness of GoDaddy email accounts. I suggest that all GoDaddy customers write the company and ask that this restriction be removed. At the very least, customers should be frankly informed of it, and the reasons for it. (Maybe it's just to push customers to shell out an extra $35.00 a year for an IMAP account.) But really the restriction should be eliminated.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have 3 email accounts set up on my Touchpad, they are GoDaddy accounts and I just sent emails from all of them and they work just great.

They all send and receive just fine, they are all pop accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelessa View Post
    I have 3 email accounts set up on my Touchpad, they are GoDaddy accounts and I just sent emails from all of them and they work just great.

They all send and receive just fine, they are all pop accounts.
    Interesting. Maybe GoDaddy sees a TouchPad as a computer, rather than as a mobile device. Your TouchPad is a Wi-Fi, right? Maybe the limit I was told about applies only to devices that use telephone networks?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yep, we have 2 Touchpads, one with 2 email accounts using GoDaddy Hosting and the second with 3 using GoDaddy Hosting, plus we each have a Sprint Pre both with their own email each using GoDaddy Hosting. We have been using this hosting for about 3 years now and been using their servers for pop in and smtp out.

Also on my desktop computer I had to change the smtp server, had to change from my service provider due to the problem I was having sending mail, to using GoDaddys server. Maybe it is the level of service you have at GoDaddy that makes a difference.
    Hello,

New Touchpad member and Godaddy subscriber. I just wanted to share my frustrating experience.

I have imap setup on my account (I have the business suite which supports it) and had to call in to find the fix for syncing my Touchpad to my email addresses. Each time I tried to add a new account it would say something like "unable to connect" or "unable to login".

So I called and got a woman who had no idea what a Touchpad was and really wasn't much help until she told me to start over again, but before you begin, put the Touchpad in Airplane Mode, do a manual setup, take the TP out of Airplane mode, then hit sign in.

Worked like a charm. Set up 3 accounts doing this back to back.

Just my two cents.
    I also could not send from the TP with Godaddy. 15 deletions of account, readditions of the accounting and rebooting of TP was useless. Following the experiences of the other posters, I: (1) deleted the e-mail account from the TP, (2) went to Godaddy and reset the relays to 0, (3) waited for the accounts to become "active", again, (4) then reset the relays to 250, (5) waited, again, for accounts to become active, (6) went to the TP, and added the account--------------- drum roll---------et voila! I can finally send e-mail!

Thanking all those who came before me, to show me the way.
    By the way: tried the airpline mode on/off, etc., and that did NOT work for me.
    Just followed the instructions by thelessa above and email works fine.
    Thank you thelessa.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12