1.    #1  

Just type the following website into your TouchPad:

http://crowza.com/bing

Then wait for it to appear and add the search engine. This will give you a nice (large) Bing icon as well. Had to create it from scratch.
    Last edited by Crowza; 08/05/2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Updated with screenshot
    Will try this later... Thanks!

Is it possible for you to provide links and official looking icons for websites like IMDB, or Fox News?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Great idea! First, I need to update the Bing icon to have the same icon "effect" of the default icons. Just give me a list of sites you want me to add and I'll do my best.
    worked like a charm for me
    Thank you. I prefer using Bing over Google and had been wishing there was a way to make Bing the default search in 'Just Type'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Dude. I love you. Thank you so much.
    Why does this not work on the Pre+ 2.1.0? I keep getting an error stating "Unable To Load Page".

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Why does this not work on the Pre+ 2.1.0? I keep getting an error stating "Unable To Load Page".
    Hmm.. Good question. I've only tested it with the TouchPad so far. I only have my FrankenPre and my Touchpad with me today. I'll test it out on my Pre2 tonight.
    FABulous!!! This took nearly a whole MINUTE out of my day... Thank you!!!
    How about for the search engine in the browser itself? Anybody figure out how to change this on the TouchPad? I don't particularly understand why its choices are separate from the "Just Type" selections nor why it only has Google, Wikipedia, and Twitter (seems like a strange collection to me). The instructions here seem a little outdated, unless I'm missing something:

Patch Browser Global Search Addons - WebOS Internals

Thanks!
    Crowza did you ever make any other major website icons like your bing one?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windowsmaster22 View Post
    How about for the search engine in the browser itself? Anybody figure out how to change this on the TouchPad? I don't particularly understand why its choices are separate from the "Just Type" selections nor why it only has Google, Wikipedia, and Twitter (seems like a strange collection to me). The instructions here seem a little outdated, unless I'm missing something:

Patch Browser Global Search Addons - WebOS Internals

Thanks!
    agreed.
    I use the browser search much more than the "just type" this is a great start, and I appreciate knowing other people have the same desires that I do.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    Will try this later... Thanks!

Is it possible for you to provide links and official looking icons for websites like IMDB, or Fox News?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Here is a link to some shortcut apps that you might enjoy.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3179526
    Hi, Google has changed tack and has made search and browsing nigh on useless. I want to switch to Bing but it seems that this is harder than 1st thought (via Just type...) is there any chance of this being updated to work with a Pre3? Currently I get a "ERROR 404 - File Not Found!"
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tagscuderia View Post
    Hi, Google has changed tack and has made search and browsing nigh on useless. I want to switch to Bing but it seems that this is harder than 1st thought (via Just type...) is there any chance of this being updated to work with a Pre3? Currently I get a "ERROR 404 - File Not Found!"
    Thanks.
    Just tried this in the 2.2.4 emulator and it works fine. Bing as default search engine?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    humm maybe it no work on LunaCE sys manager?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    crowza.com
    Error 404 - File Not Found!
    I am using webOS Ports LunaCE 4.4.2

No luck with this then? There must be demand given that Google are messing everyone about and the promise of a "nice icon" makes me hope that you can update this!
    Also, does anyone know if we can get the "suggest" function working with Bing?
    Thanks.

P.S, if you do get it up and running again, can it also work on the Pre3? A lot of us on here would be grateful.
    I would like to have this as well!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    bump, anyone ? I would like to have bing as a search option but its not working for me. Does this work with LunaCE ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη