Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    30 minutes ago at a local office depot. can someone walk me through overclocking it to 1.7 ghz? as well as shed some light on what preware i should install?
    donm527 and sorli like this.
    Whoa, whoa whoa, before we even think about helping you, how did you get it for $299?

I'm just kidding. To OC you must install Preware. Then from there add the kernel test feeds.

Edit: Wait a minute, I'm an *****. Sorry, I know how you got it for $299. I'm a little slow today...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Whoa, whoa whoa, before we even think about helping you, how did you get it for $299?

I'm just kidding. To OC you must install Preware. Then from there add the kernel test feeds.

Edit: Wait a minute, I'm an *****. Sorry, I know how you got it for $299. I'm a little slow today...
    thanks bro, ill look that up.

yea man, called around several stores and found one thatd recognize bouth hp's 100 off and staples
    Got mine for same. Staples has a $100 coupon for in-store only, but they only seem to carry the 32gb in-store. So I found a manager willing to order it for me online, and then just ring me up in store and honor the $100 coupon. Add in HP's instant $100 rebate: $299 (+tax)
    From the Engadget article:

HP TouchPad now $200 off at Staples -- it's like Christmas in August

Here is the coupon: http://www.fatwallet.com/static/atta...ples_98980.jpg

Here is a receipt showing that Staples will apply this coupon even after the $100 price reduction:

If Staples is sold out, ask them to deliver to the store for you. That worked with the $100 Android tablet coupon last week.

Also, some local Office Depots and Best Buys were matching the Staples $100 Android tablet coupon last week.
    You lucky son of a fun!!!

But it's links all over the place on here that will help you install preware on the TouchPad.Hope this helps.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/289263-installing-preware-touchpad.html

Heres a second link,and there are other too.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-apps/289569-simple-steps-install-webosquickinstaller-preware-touchpad.html
    Can you post a bigger copy of the receipt so I can show these morons at the local Staples?
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaspeed73 View Post
    Can you post a bigger copy of the receipt so I can show these morons at the local Staples?
    srs? i have no problem doing so. you want me to email it to you? also, should be noted i bought it from office depot... theyll honor it as well
    wow, what a great deal. I love my touchpad but I definitely could have waited a month for these deals! Might have to get my mom one though.
    Yes, success at my local Staples! Out of stock in store but ordered with free shipping of the 16GB model to my home.
    Guys staples has a kiosk where you can order online but pay in store (so you don't have to deal with the manager). Look for signs, search "hp touchpad" and add to cart, select pay in store, it'll print out something for the cashier to scan. Then give them the additional coupon and you get $200 off. The coupon scans no questions asked. It's probably best to get a regular cashier vs a manager that might get suspicious.
    No koisk in my stapples and I got the 32gb for 200 off but just called and the manager said to bring it back tomorrow and she will order me the 16gb with the same deal! thank you all!
    Here's what I did earlier today ...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3056415

milominderbinde likes this.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    This thread inspired me to give office depot a shot even though I had a failed attempt at my local Staples earlier in the day. Well, office depot took the coupon with no questions asked and I now have a 16GB touchpad for a grand total of $324

Thanks!
    congrats to all the new users of the touchpad.

please dig in, enjoy its beauty, preware, and do not let some of the negativity bring you down or doubt your decisions.

you will love the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by davegarbs View Post
    This thread inspired me to give office depot a shot even though I had a failed attempt at my local Staples earlier in the day. Well, office depot took the coupon with no questions asked and I now have a 16GB touchpad for a grand total of $324

Thanks!
    Same here. There were no Staples near where I live, but there was an Office Depot and they took the Staples coupon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    After a staples trek across atlanta and getting "someone just bought the last one" I went to office Depot and was out the door in a few minutes.

Never thought I'd buy a touchpad but it was too good to pass up.

I asked and the staples all had 4 or 5 in stock.

I think I just payed less than to manufacturer lol

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Ouch. And YAY! if the 32GB hits $550 or less before the "make it right" deal goes away I might just bite.
    You're glad you waited?
    i jumped on this deal as well. i had no intention of buying a TP at MSRP so this deal is just what i was looking for. i know there are many people out there that felt the same way as me. this deal was just too good to pass on.

if HP can continue to offer webOS products at deeply discounted prices, they just might be able to reach "number 1+"

these mother effers are about to change the game.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast