Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    You're glad you waited?
    Icer where are you in town? No officedepot would do it for me. I had to order a 16gb at staples to have delivered.
    Staples in the North Shore area of Massachusetts are out of the 16 GB Touchpad and are unable to order it for me.
    Best Buy refused to honor the Staples 100 off coupon.
    just bought mine for 299 got hhgregg to price match staples
    I got the last 16 GB here at an Office Depot in midtown Kansas City! Missouri Tax free weekend, too.

$299!!!!!!!!1
    Quote Originally Posted by BotleRocketWar View Post
    I got the last 16 GB here at an Office Depot in midtown Kansas City! Missouri Tax free weekend, too.

$299!!!!!!!!1
    Same here.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Even if they are out of stock, you can get the TouchPad at your local Staples.

Here are very good detailed instructions:

$200 off TouchPad at Staples?!

Here is the coupon and background.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/06/2011 at 09:37 PM.
  7.    #27  
    what do you guys recommend as far as preware apps
    Office Depot off sandyplains Marietta.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    From the Engadget article:

HP TouchPad now $200 off at Staples -- it's like Christmas in August

Here is the coupon: http://www.fatwallet.com/static/atta...ples_98980.jpg

Here is a receipt showing that Staples will apply this coupon even after the $100 price reduction:

If Staples is sold out, ask them to deliver to the store for you. That worked with the $100 Android tablet coupon last week.

Also, some local Office Depots and Best Buys were matching the Staples $100 Android tablet coupon last week.
    Yep - friend of mine is a manager at my Best Buy, and he took the $100 Staples coupon last week, knocking my Asus Transformer down to $299, and then gave me an additional $30 off, so $269, plus $20 off the KB, ended up paying $423 for the Transformer+KB dock+Tax!

Finding it hard...to..resist...$299...TouchPad.......Must...resist...

Got 24 hours left to decide, and I got a feeling I'm gonna end up ordering it.
    via HP.com, though, and works out to like $368 after taxes for HPA, with free next-day shipping.

Now....
    How do I hide the TouchPad from the wife?
    Just got the Transformer 7 days ago...

:/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
    Yep - friend of mine is a manager at my Best Buy, and he took the $100 Staples coupon last week, knocking my Asus Transformer down to $299, and then gave me an additional $30 off, so $269, plus $20 off the KB, ended up paying $423 for the Transformer+KB dock+Tax!

Finding it hard...to..resist...$299...TouchPad.......Must...resist...

Got 24 hours left to decide, and I got a feeling I'm gonna end up ordering it.
    via HP.com, though, and works out to like $368 after taxes for HPA, with free next-day shipping.

Now....
    How do I hide the TouchPad from the wife?
    Just got the Transformer 7 days ago...

:/
    Tell your BestBuy friend you want the TouchPad instead as is cheaper and wife wants you to get it. Tell your wife you found a cheaper tablet than the Transformer so you are swapping (and will use the extra $$ to take her out on a date). And then see how happy both of you will be as research tells us that peoples' happiness level rises with experiences but not with things (it rises with things and then goes back down again quickly as newness wears off).
    Hey guys, just bought the TouchPad on Friday and it's my first delve into WebOS, so I'm still trying to figure things out.

I updated the software to 3.0.2 right after I got home, but things still seems pretty laggy to me. Is this the norm for WebOS? Like for example, when a notification comes up, I'll try to swipe it to the right to dismiss it, but it'll freeze and the swipe won't register until several seconds later. Or a lot of the apps feel pretty slow and unresponsive, especially when I'm trying to switch between menus (like facebook and messaging).

Oh and I could swear I swiped a card down once and it bounced up and went away. I've never been able to do that again, how do I enable it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by ebolamonkey3 View Post
    Hey guys, just bought the TouchPad on Friday and it's my first delve into WebOS, so I'm still trying to figure things out.

I updated the software to 3.0.2 right after I got home, but things still seems pretty laggy to me. Is this the norm for WebOS? Like for example, when a notification comes up, I'll try to swipe it to the right to dismiss it, but it'll freeze and the swipe won't register until several seconds later. Or a lot of the apps feel pretty slow and unresponsive, especially when I'm trying to switch between menus (like facebook and messaging).

Oh and I could swear I swiped a card down once and it bounced up and went away. I've never been able to do that again, how do I enable it again?
    Slowness that you complained about, I have not experienced yet. IT does seem to require reboot after every couple of days though to bring speed back up. There is a patch in preware that is supposed to fix this via reducing the logging from extensive (default) to critical only.

swiping a card down to do a slingshot effect a la angry birds is actually an easter egg that requires the power button to be on the upper left side.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    swiping a card down to do a slingshot effect a la angry birds is actually an easter egg that requires the power button to be on the upper left side.
    You can swipe the card down in any orientation to slingshot it off the screen. If you want the angry birds sound, then you need to be in landscape mode with the button on the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebolamonkey3 View Post

That laggy behavior definitely seems weird. I didn't have anything like what you described even before updating to 3.0.2 or overclocking, so I would contact support as maybe you've got a buggy machine.

And as noted by others, you should be able to drag a card down then release it to slingshot it off the top of the screen in any orientation, and get the angry birds sound effect only when the 'home' button is on your left. I think the best performance of the slingshot happens when you 'grab' the card near the top and slide it down as far as you can, otherwise they tend to just snap back to the center of the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Slowness that you complained about, I have not experienced yet. IT does seem to require reboot after every couple of days though to bring speed back up. There is a patch in preware that is supposed to fix this via reducing the logging from extensive (default) to critical only.

I think I've rebooted mine a grand total of 3 times in the 3 weeks I've had it, and only then because I was installing the update or prepare. I certainly don't see any performance issues after a few days.
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I found out that I needed to swipe down all the way to the bezel and it'll close the card. That worked in any orientation for me, but only w/ horizontal mode w/ power button to the left did I get the Angry Bird sound, which is the easter egg somebody was talking about.

I definitely feel unresponsiveness when closing/opening apps, when when i'm scrolling through certain apps. Randomly it just won't respond to my touch, and I'll have to just wait it out
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12