Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    From the Engadget article:

HP TouchPad now $200 off at Staples -- it's like Christmas in August

Here is the coupon: http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/105620__100_staples_98980.jpg

Here is a receipt showing that Staples will apply this coupon even after the $100 price reduction:

If Staples is sold out, ask them to deliver to the store for you. That worked with the $100 Android tablet coupon last week.

Also, some local Office Depots and Best Buys were matching the Staples $100 Android tablet coupon last week.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/05/2011 at 04:27 PM.
    just price match it at BestBuy, Fry's etc. Probably in stock there
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

Also, some local Office Depots and Best Buys were matching the Staples $100 Android tablet coupon last week.
    Office Depot's policy is to price match local competitor coupons. Best Buy is on manager's discretion for coupons.
    Just picked up a 32gb from Staples!!!! I had no problems whatsoever and paid $432.99 total after tax. I stopped at Best Buy to get a touchstone since I had a gift card that had been on me for a good 6 months and I mentioned the Staples deal to one of the employees there and she had heard about it and that it was a good deal that they couldn't match. So I wouldn't even bother going to BB trying to price match as a heads up. Did I mention that I'm bouncing off the walls over here over this deal?
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    These are two seperate promotions going on here. HP is running one and Staples the other. Since there is no physical coupon for HP then Staples doesn't seem to be or doesn't have to apply the HP instant rebate.

How are some stores applying the HP rebate when there is no physical coupon to present to them?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    From the Engadget article:

HP TouchPad now $200 off at Staples -- it's like Christmas in August

Here is the coupon: http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/105620__100_staples_98980.jpg

Here is a receipt showing that Staples will apply this coupon even after the $100 price reduction:

If Staples is sold out, ask them to deliver to the store for you. That worked with the $100 Android tablet coupon last week.

I tried ordering through one of the staples computers (is that a kiosk?) but it asks for payment info, and I can't use $100 off coupon online so how do you guys manage to order and ship it to a store?
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Just picked up a 32gb from Staples!!!! I had no problems whatsoever and paid $432.99 total after tax. I stopped at Best Buy to get a touchstone since I had a gift card that had been on me for a good 6 months and I mentioned the Staples deal to one of the employees there and she had heard about it and that it was a good deal that they couldn't match. So I wouldn't even bother going to BB trying to price match as a heads up. Did I mention that I'm bouncing off the walls over here over this deal?
    that's less then HP employee discount. Good job HP, way to take care of your own. I hear this has been a problem with their EPP since Carly took over in 1999. Didn't the new guy, Cpt Neo, I mean Leo speak at an all employee meeting a few months ago and encourage employees to leverage the EPP to get all products for friends and family? WHY would an employee do this if 90% of the time deals are better at the big box stores - not talking WebOS only stuff.

These past 2 weekends on price cuts seem to slap employees who bought it in the face. I wonder if HP "did them right" by refunded for $$$ to those employees who bout in early/mid July? Anyone know?
    My Staples didn't have the 16GB in stock, but I asked the associate to order it for me. She applied the coupon and I paid $299.99 (tax free weekend)!

They told me at first they couldn't apply the $100 coupon, but then I pointed out that it listed the same model and the expiration date was 8/7. So they looked at it again and said, "ok".
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    eh all the staples i've called said in store only. Officemax tells me they dont price match tablets and laptops.
    Just bought mine for $299.99 + tax + free delivery! Here's how to do it ...

Go to a Staples store and hang out at the TP kiosk until a clerk shows up (you can play with the TP while you wait!) and tell them you want to buy a 16 GB TouchPad with the special price. Don't say anything else. When they come back and tell you they don't have any in stock, ask them if you can order it then. They will tell you yes. Head to the check out with the clerk and let him set up the order online. You can send it to your home or have it delivered to the store.

This is IMPORTANT ... the HP temporary reduction in list price is implemented as a online coupon in Staples' POS system and the POS will not take two coupons against the same SKU number as such. The clerk will ask for shipping information and so give that to them. Then let the clerk totaled the order and he/she will then ask you if you want to proceed. You need to be watching what the clerk is doing during this process. You then tell him that you have another coupon and it needs to be scanned now. The $100 in-store coupon should be scanned now and it will take another $100 off the price.

The Key To Making This Work Is Scanning the Coupon AFTER the Order is Totaled! You will know when you are there by looking at the price ... when you see it say $399.99 you are ready. It should come up this way because the online HP discount/coupon is already tied to the 16GB SKU in Staples' POS (Point of Sale) system. They were fumbling about trying to figure out how to do it, so I led them by telling them I had read in "THE" TP forum (i.e. PreCentral.net) that the coupon had to be scanned after the item was totaled. It appears to me that the second coupon is charged against the store or to some other corporate account.

DO NOT get the store manager involved, that only creates problems and raises questions. Just talk them through it and you'll get there. While this was going on, I was chatting with them about how Staples was one of very few retailers that HP was letting discount the TP this weekend. They liked that a lot. If you are interested, I would do it today because after the sales reports come out tomorrow for today's sales, it could raise a flag to someone based on the two discounts, but still try tomorrow because assuming retail can move that fast is probably not realistic.

BTW, from what I saw, this probably doesn't work on the 32GB model unless it is out of stock because the price reduction is an online coupon. The second coupon should work but that would only be $100 off. The $299.99 price (which the Staples employees were saying "Wow" about) is probably close to Staples' cost when factoring in HP's discount. [HP would adjust Staples' cost for the promotion due to the drop in list price]

Hope this helps ... Good Luck!
    milominderbinde likes this.
    I just got the store manager to tell me shed order it for me. Now I am returning the 32gb tomorrow and shes gonna order it with the same deal. Sucks I have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    I tried ordering through one of the staples computers (is that a kiosk?) but it asks for payment info, and I can't use $100 off coupon online so how do you guys manage to order and ship it to a store?
    Is it specifically for ordering online? They have a computer set up where you can order online and pay in store. Once you add it to your cart you are given the option to pay at the register and it'll print something to give to the cashier. Then you can hand the cashier the other coupon and it'll take $200 off.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheX-Man View Post
    Is it specifically for ordering online? They have a computer set up where you can order online and pay in store. Once you add it to your cart you are given the option to pay at the register and it'll print something to give to the cashier. Then you can hand the cashier the other coupon and it'll take $200 off.
    i don't think it was specifically setup to order online. It was one of the laptops they have for sell with net access (that's what the sales guy showed me ). I am new to this kiosk and buying through B&M stores.

where is the kiosk normally located?or how does it look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheX-Man View Post
    Basically what is going on is this: the 16 GB is not in stock (I don't think they ever were or there were not many) so you have a Staples' clerk order it for you online which then allows you to ship it to you or to the store for pickup. The key is there must be someone there to scan the second coupon in to add the additional $100 off. My store doesn't have any kiosks like you describe (except for ink and stuff like that), but it sounds like there is no way to scan a coupon. It's easier to just let the clerk do it and make sure the second coupon is scanned in after the order is totaled. The first coupon (electronic) is in their system and you don't see it unless you look at the product description. It's how they implemented a temporary price reduction ... that first "coupon" expires on Aug 8 so the list price returns to $499.99 ...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I also got a 32GB for about $430! I was rung out by an easy tech (funny, since I'm a Geek Squad employee!) and he looked at me after scanning it and said "got the coupon?" I smiled and handed it to him. No problem at all
    Hello to everyone,
    i'm a developer from Germany. we have to Pay 480€ for the Touchpad (=$670).

I want a Touchpad to create some apps (mainly bookmark apps - xmarks and opera), but since i'm a student i can't afford a touchpad.

Whould anyone be so kind to buy such a cheap touchpad for me? I can pay in advance, using paypal or any other save method (ebay auction or so). I take care about the import taxes, shipping and everthing.

Please send me a pm if you are willing to help out a european developer.
    Does anyone know if there is any coupon like this for England/Uk?
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasimpson90 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any coupon like this for England/Uk?
    Not as far as I am aware, remember we live on Treasure island!

Looking at the website, if you went via topcashback or similar, you could get 10% off at staples and bring it down to @300.
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    Basically what is going on is this: the 16 GB is not in stock (I don't think they ever were or there were not many) so you have a Staples' clerk order it for you online which then allows you to ship it to you or to the store for pickup. The key is there must be someone there to scan the second coupon in to add the additional $100 off. My store doesn't have any kiosks like you describe (except for ink and stuff like that), but it sounds like there is no way to scan a coupon. It's easier to just let the clerk do it and make sure the second coupon is scanned in after the order is totaled. The first coupon (electronic) is in their system and you don't see it unless you look at the product description. It's how they implemented a temporary price reduction ... that first "coupon" expires on Aug 8 so the list price returns to $499.99 ...
    I am going to work today. During lunch I am going to try 2 staples.

The key is just to be nice as possible. LOLS Suck up if you have to.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Staples in the LA area show no 16GB in stock, just 32GB.

Office Depot show "limited availability" for 16GB.. Although I feel like they're being vague to get you into the store only to find out they're out of stock.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast