Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    ...didn't have the basic hardware specs required for all tablets not named ipad
    TS fail, where can I find these requirements? On some crApple nuthugger site?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Even at $300 people aren't going to rush out and buy the Touchpad. It all boils down to more bang for your buck. The reason I skipped purchasing the TP because it didn't have the basic hardware specs required for all tablets not named ipad which is HDMI out, 5MP or more front/back camera, slim design, and a SD card slot. Honestly is there really a big difference between 16gb and 32gb built-in hard drive? HP should 've forget a 32gb model and just sold a 16gb with a SD slot.

With the stated above and leaving the OS as is with no change at least TP would be competing with other tablets. Now to take it a step further netflix app should've been built-in along with doc editing. Then have the OS running as fast as the current overclock patch and price the TP at $400 and you would have a serious ipad competitor. The icing on the cake would be to launch the pre 3 at the same time (maybe priced with a discount if buying a TP pre3 bundle).

If HP were able to do the above along with the hardware bump on the 7" tablet and launch it with the Pre 3 on sprint by end of Sept I don't see why webos couldn't become a hit product.

Edit: Forgot to add working camera app and GPS.
    Have you thought of starting a company to build YOUR perfect tablet? Seems like the best answer to me.
    TouchPad is a perfect computer for my 4.5 old. He doesn't need HDMI and SD card. HE NEEDS KIDS APPS ONLY. He is very comfortable with cards. He can have all of his apps open - panda , coloring thing , angry birds and he is switching between them as needed.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123