Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    This is great news. I hope they keep up the discounted price. That will def help them move the TouchPad in bulk.
    Agree completely and I'm very excited! More users buying into HP's paradigm, using webOS seeing how it makes a difference, and showing why the TouchPad is different from the pack of IOS and Android devices. Thankfully, HP does not need Android to be successful.

This also will make huge strides convincing more developers to make the plunge, start porting, and creating apps for webOS! Good times ahead!!! Sorli...
    cobrakon likes this.
    Community of TP owners is getting bigger! Now there's a great reason to get more developers on board and crank out more apps !!!

Amazon.com Bestsellers: The most popular items in Computer Tablets
    <<threads merged>>
  4.    #44  
    Still in the top 5 even with the w00t deal over. Flipping sweet.
    I also noticed on that list of top tablets that the two HP TouchPads have the highest customer ratings of all the tablets on there, including the iPad2. When perspective tablet buyers see stuff like that, they are likely to think something is really good with the TouchPad to be higher rated than the iPads on the list. Hopefully, this sale will snowball into a strong user base for webOS.
    Wow it just keeps climbing. Now it's 2 and 4. Looks like the 32GB model and 16GB model is starting to leapfrog over all the other android tablets and apple tablets, although most people will most likely buy an ipad at an apple store.
    seriously hp may have just saved webos with this. All we needed was a good start and a base to grow from. These touchpads are selling now. I wouldnt be surprised if we see another $100 weekend. $200 off I think was a mistake on stapples part and they paid for it lol. But 100 off we will likely see again soon before back to school.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if HP is actually "rebating" money to the retailer on this? I have to believe they are, as they ALL are selling for the same prices ($399/$499). If that's the case, I can't understand why the two Best Buys I visited today refused to honor the Staples coupon. Even if they did, they clearly are making money on this, as well as the opportunity to sell me a protection plan, plus accessories.

However, I didn't have the definitive answer to this to convince the manager to do so. (I did go to Staples and ordered it, but I didn't want to wait 5 days for it!)

Anyone?
    tim
    Hp is rebating the $100 instant rebate. The coupon for 100 off is staples own instore thing. The other stores are making more money selling without another coupon right now since hp did it for them so they will refuse to match stapples sometimes.

In reality a lot of us used the coupon but way more people are prob seeing the comercials and buying in stores without the coupon for only 100 off. Most prob dont come on engaget and the forums or search tech news like we all did and do. If I was bestbuy I would reject your coupon and try and sell it to the next guy that walks in without it.
    Now on Amazon as top selling tablets #2 and #3 for the 16 and 32GB respectively.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    sorli likes this.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Hp is rebating the $100 instant rebate. The coupon for 100 off is staples own instore thing. The other stores are making more money selling without another coupon right now since hp did it for them so they will refuse to match stapples sometimes.
    Thanks for the quick reply, bigwood. I have an Office Max 2 miles from my house and I am going there in the morning. Do you have any info as to where I could show them that they are indeed getting the $100 from HP? Not only would I prefer to have it in my hands tomorrow, they also have a reasonably priced protection plan. Normally, I NEVER buy these, but with this being so mobile and out all the time, I'm thinking it makes sense to protect me in case I drop it!
    tim
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123