Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am the proud new owner of the HP Touch Pad and so far it is Awesome....I have been an avid member of the Android community for a long while. I must say WebOS is leaps above android as I have had android phones and tablets from the start. I have already installed preware and many homebrew apps, patches etc... and I love the device in every way.
    Welcome to the cool kids table!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Welcome to webOS, Stevgunt. We're happy to have you.
    I just bought an Asus Transformer with the KB dock last weekend, but am seriously considering a tp.

I got a pre+ on att in march, and i saw that WebOS is just ridiculous.
    I woukd use the pre, and only the pre, if webos had a SIP VoIP client.
    Instead, i bounce between the pre and a samsung captivate with android 2.3.3

Welcome to the WebOS family...
    You're probably as shocked as i was in march, when i start using webos on the pre, and every other sentence out of my mouth was "holy sh#&%". It is impressive, intuitive.fast, and just "makes sense."
    LCGuy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
    It is impressive, intuitive.fast, and just "makes sense."
    That should be HPs slogan. "webOS...it just makes sense." Ooooo, I like it.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    I just bought an Asus Transformer with the KB dock last weekend, but am seriously considering a tp.

You're probably as shocked as i was in march, when i start using webos on the pre, and every other sentence out of my mouth was "holy sh#&%". It is impressive, intuitive.fast, and just "makes sense."
    I have the Transformer with the dock. Had it for about a month now. I've only been using the TP for a day and love it. So I say go for it and pick up a TouchPad, especially with the new price drop.

And check for Transformer for the dock battery drain issue. You'll have to RMA it and wait weeks while they replace parts.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Yes I was totally shocked at the ease and smoothness of the webos vs Android, my cell carrier does not have any webos devices yet. I would love to have my droid x run webos
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    That should be HPs slogan. "webOS...it just makes sense." Ooooo, I like it.
    I better trademark it, before Apple claims it was their idea

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I have the Transformer with the dock. Had it for about a month now. I've only been using the TP for a day and love it. So I say go for it and pick up a TouchPad, especially with the new price drop.

And check for Transformer for the dock battery drain issue. You'll have to RMA it and wait weeks while they replace parts.
    Mine are both the B60 variant, which from what I read, are fixed - I literally didn't charge it for like 4 days, and still had battery!
    Loving it! Android 3.2 on the TF is awesome....but it still isn't as intuitive as WebOS.
    Running around in WebOS is just WAY more intuitive than even our iPad2. Sorry to the Fruit Fanboyz out there, but I think the iPad2 is pure sh@$&.

One question - I follow the links at HP at HP TouchPad | Tablet PC, HP webOS | HP Official Site | U.S. , but when I click on "Buy from HP" it only shows the $50 off - where do you have to go or click to see it at $399 in your cart?!?
    I better trademark it, before Apple claims it was their idea

Mine are both the B60 variant, which from what I read, are fixed - I literally didn't charge it for like 4 days, and still had battery!
    Loving it! Android 3.2 on the TF is awesome....but it still isn't as intuitive as WebOS.
    Running around in WebOS is just WAY more intuitive than even our iPad2. Sorry to the Fruit Fanboyz out there, but I think the iPad2 is pure sh@$&.

One question - I follow the links at HP at HP TouchPad | Tablet PC, HP webOS | HP Official Site | U.S. , but when I click on "Buy from HP" it only shows the $50 off - where do you have to go or click to see it at $399 in your cart?!?
    HP TouchPad | Tablet PC, HP webOS | HP Official Site | U.S.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    That's where I'm going.
    I click on "Buy Now", which takes me to:
    HP TouchPad Tablet | HP Official Site | U.S.

where I click on "Buy Now form HP" button under the 16GB version where it says $499 after $100 instant rebate, which then takes me to the pricing page where I can add it to the cart.

Shows $499 - $50 = $449

Not seeing the $399 in the cart, or any codes to enter - showing up at $449 in my cart.
    That's where I'm going.
    I click on "Buy Now", which takes me to:
    HP TouchPad Tablet | HP Official Site | U.S.

where I click on "Buy Now form HP" button under the 16GB version where it says $499 after $100 instant rebate, which then takes me to the pricing page where I can add it to the cart.

Shows $499 - $50 = $449

Not seeing the $399 in the cart, or any codes to enter - showing up at $449 in my cart.
    call them 1 (888) 476-3988
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Just ordered from hpshopping.com. should get mine Monday. Never used WebOS before, so the adventure begins Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by nclee View Post
    Just ordered from hpshopping.com. should get mine Monday. Never used WebOS before, so the adventure begins Monday.
    Welcome to the jungle! You're gonna love it here.

Well I have both- TP and Transformer. And using them both. Well , my kid is using TP most and me Transformer , but anyways for some staff Transformer is better and have more apps.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    anyways for some staff Transformer is better and have more apps.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    apparently not autocorrect! ;-)
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    apparently not autocorrect! ;-)
    I turn that junk off on all my devices.
    HorsexD likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post

I Had the Asus TF for a little over a Month before I got rid of it and Got the Hp Touchpad. Its a little thicker but As a Tablet I like the Touchpad way more. Its Refreshing if you have used Android alot like me. I do miss all the apps but I dont doubt that within a few months its not gonna be a problem. Alot of people are starting to jump ship. The Thing I miss the most though from the TF is the Dock. I loved how it was like a mini Notebook. It looked realyl cool and thin for a notebook. I found myself having it Docked alot more than actually using it as a tablet though.
    I turn that junk off on all my devices.
    +1 Yeah seriously. Auto Correct just makes typing a Horrible experience for me.
    Got my TP on Tuesday and am loving it..Now just need to see what it can really do .Oh and it's my first webOS device so am on a bit of a learning curve
    speedtouch likes this.
    Great to see all of the new TP owners on here. It reminds me of when I first got my Pre and found this site. Now it's one of the first sites that I check everyday and that was over 2 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by det66 View Post
    Got my TP on Tuesday and am loving it..Now just need to see what it can really do .Oh and it's my first webOS device so am on a bit of a learning curve
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast